Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Why did I quit Somali politics?

Coofle   

Hadaanu hadalnana waa af-sallax ku dhagayagii, hadaanu aamusnana adhiga sidaa laga dayn maayo

Once upon a time there was a nomadic Fellow Somewhere in the Somali peninsula, He went by Ina-xagaa-dheere. Like many of his peers he was a Shepherd, and he owned quite not so many sheep. out of nowhere, his sheep started dying from unknown contagious disease.Ina-Xagaa-Dheere was looking at the ghost of caydhoobid (destitution) and being the out-of-box-thinker he was, he came up with a devilish plan;To divide the sheep between him and the Omnipotent (Allah) in equal ratio, Then pleaded, Oh Allah, Take and infect your part of the herd and leave my part alone. Fair deal, an atheist may say.

The next Day,Ina-Xagaa-dheere was drinking from a rain water that was caught atop of a rock. Sadly though, His lips were sealed by divine ability to the rock he was drinking from. He struggled but to no avail, then it hit him, and started to ask for forgiveness, He sinned and with an incomprehnsible murmur uttered, adhiga oo dhanba adigaa iska leh ee waxaad doonto ka yeel , Oh Allah, to you all the herd belongs, do whatever you desire with them. suddenly his lips popped off the rock....

That night when he returned to the village, the villagers inquired about the outcome of his plan and he replied with the famous catch phrase "Hadii aanu hadalnana waa af-sallax ku dhagayagii, Hadii aanu aamusnana adhiga sidaa laga dayn maayo" meaning, If I speak up it is time for the lips to be sealed to rocks and If I stay silent the livestock will continue to diminish (I know its terrible translation)

Moral of the story

When it comes to local Somali politics, its almost impossible to remove tribal convictions. I worked hard to suppress it and Alxamdulilaah I did succeed except for the occasional stereotypical thoughts, and surely many fellow nomads are like me. on the other hand, Some will fake being free from tribal bias but their hearts are as white as Snow on a Ku Klux Klan lynching!.

amusingly, whenever I speak in a balanced manner about an issue (local somali politics that is) my views are perceived with tribal flavor, my tribe. If I defend clan X (assumingly an ally of my clan) and speak against the atrocities being committed against them , I will be branded as normal Tribalist and If I condemn actions taken my men of my clan, it will be seen merely as a slap on the wrist.

No matter what stance I took, my clan was my defining entity, I fought the system, I tried to prevail but I was the insane man....Wadar iyo waaxid yaa waalan?

and let us be honest Somali politics is mainly led by mentally challenged individuals, and since stupidity is not a handicap in politics no one pays attention to it...and also its generally a bunch of bovine eschatology!.

Ilaahay amarkii.

Miyir   

Coofle

don't quit it on us, all the reasonable dudes from Dreamland are needed badly, I don't blame you, its hard to reason with XX folks, what's the alternative if you quit?

Coofle   

Miyir Salaan sare, the Alternative is to discuss issues with tangible effect on the Somali Peninsula. For instance how to properly exploit the meager resources we been bestowed upon. Encourage and educate the poor nomads living in coastal villages to pursue fishing as a viable option and source of nutritious food and stable income, without negative connotation "Malaw-badeed". How to save the dangerously declining livestock industry in the peninsula, our only commodity in an ever changing world. How to implement some what accessible and affordable yet quality healthcare service in a country where basic medical services and pharmaceuticals are lacking. How to educate the illiterate masses and how to spread a basic level of common knowledge in a community that perceives epileptic fits as being Jin-possessed. Waar niyaw dhibteena ceelna uma qodna cidina uma maqna.

I am tired of threads discussing , "Wasiir hebel baa la magaacabay", "reer hebel baa duulaan qaaday", "Siyaasi dhurwaa baa waxan dhaliilay"....all what I see is

xMWDJkg.gif

N.B: Somali peninsula is a politically correct phrase used to describe lands occupied by peoples who describe themselves as being Somalis -therefore not defined by being ethnically Somali only. This includes, Somalia, Somaliland, Puntland, Djibouti, Somali Regions of Ethiopia and Kenya.

Miyir   

Very noble Ugaas Coofle

Joking aside, there is a lack of political diversity in politics from North-West Somalia (aka Duriyada) folks, be a local or nation wide, too emotional.

why tiptoe around issue as separatism and how illogical its? Fear of being ostracized? taking the easy road will make all Somali folks like you? who cares what people label you as long as you know whats in your heart?

I have noted how all reasonable and progressive North-West (aka Duriyada) Folks like you dance around and insert Somaliland everything Somali related to appease the hardliners, I guess to confront them in real life must must be daunting challenge whatever the issue is, I don't envy you.

take an example North-East (Pirates) folks, how they engage each other and still respect and get along without ostracism.

Coofle   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Very noble Ugaas Coofle

Joking aside, there is a lack of political diversity in politics from North-West Somalia (aka Duriyada) folks, be a local or nation wide, too emotional.

why tiptoe around issue as separatism and how illogical its? Fear of being ostracized? taking the easy road will make all Somali folks like you? who cares what people label you as long as you know whats in your heart?

I have noted how all reasonable and progressive North-West (aka Duriyada) Folks like you dance around and insert Somaliland everything Somali related to appease the hardliners, I guess to confront them in real life must must be daunting challenge whatever the issue is, I don't envy you.

take an example North-East (Pirates) folks, how they engage each other and still respect and get along without ostracism.

Miyir, Very clever of you, trying to pull my leg into sterile Somali branded argument. Let me correct you first, I am not from the community you implied. I am but a poor Somali lad in search of knowledge so that at some point in his lifetime he could do something to his motherland.

I wrote a long detailed reply, but then I remembered my decision not to indulge in this thing..lol...

BPlifqA.jpg

Coofle caadi iska dhig, abti.

Somali politics is made for you. quitting is not an option. anyways, if you quit, you'll only quit as a commentator. i would advise you actually get involved in it. but it'll taint you because Somali politics is so primitive. there are no guarantees. agreements aren't respected.....if your position isn't safe, you'll always be ducking and diving, robbing and pillaging. there is no qowl, abti.

its all aan amir waa aanta amir.

Holac   

Coofle, Somali politics needs honorable people like you to keep it balanced, saaxiib. Don't quit Somali politics and its language, but rather engage in it and steer it to the right path. As long as you don't reciprocate the vitriol, Somali politics can be both rewarding and exciting.

Mooge   

subax wanagasan cofle.

cofle niyoow what is your opinion on what is going on in Awdal with Mujahid Wabar trying to mobilize his people against the tyranny of clan dominance. you either have an opinion or a strong opinion. you can't have "no opinion". that is politics for you my friend. nothing more. nothing less. people have opinions on matters that concern their regions or communities niyoow and there is nothing wrong with talking about it.

ciyaarta masajidka ka daa niyoow.

Miyir   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Coofle caadi iska dhig, abti.

Somali politics is made for you. quitting is not an option. anyways, if you quit, you'll only quit as a commentator. i would advise you actually get involved in it. but it'll taint you because Somali politics is so primitive. there are no guarantees. agreements aren't respected.....if your position isn't safe, you'll always be ducking and diving, robbing and pillaging. there is no qowl, abti.

its all aan amir waa aanta amir.

lol all politics under the Sun.

Miyir   

Coofle

Wish you luck and success, lol im not far from the mark, bloody North-Western! all or nothing attitude, my way or I'm quitting!!

YoniZ   

Coofle,

I hope you reconsider your decision to quit, that section of the SOL now more than ever needs levelheaded lads.

“It’s always too early to quit.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale