Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Heineken Beer in Mogadishu = Destroyed

Let's just hope some Somalis don't start making homemade bootleg alcohol in their basements, just like what the Americans used to do during the Prohibition Era of the 1920's :D

we outside are sometimes so naïve,this is publicity stunt..its everywhere in all big towns along with marijuana.They show that on TV every once in a while, not only in Mogadishu but around.Don't believe, even some young women into the trend thou very few.

I blame horyaalka Champions League. Mid waalan watched too much of it and thought he could make a decent profit from it by importing it to Soomaaliya. Eey eey ah, muxuu mooday some kind of kooko? Soomaali qamri uma baahno, ibtilo ku filan wey heysataa.

<cite>
said:</cite>

What will be the reaction of the Western donors?
:)

Why would any decent Soomaali care about what Reer Galbeed think about this? Xataa gurigeena ma hagaajisan karno miyaa. Only Eebbe knows how much qashin they import to Soomaaliya unchecked, especially that sprawling base of Xalane next to airport, which very few Soomaalis are allowed in.

Well at least they aren't drinking the cheap stuff. Heineken and Carlsberg are premium alcoholic beverages even here in America.

They cost about 35% more than ur local, domestic American beer. :)

Not saying it's right, or 'wax fiican', but just pointing it out.

Btw, even when they bust 1 or 2 container full of Alcohol, u know many more get thru.

It shows there is a demand for alcohol in Somalia, and the smugglers are keeping up the supply.

<cite>

Well at least they aren't drinking the cheap stuff. Heineken and Carlsberg are premium alcoholic beverages even here in America.

They cost about 35% more than ur local, domestic American beer.
:)

Not saying it's right, or 'wax fiican', but just pointing it out.

Yaabane, qamriga si fiican u kala taqaanaa. Whether booliiska Toronto bothering you when you were sitting in a car in front of beer store in Koronto or whether being arrested under the influences and now this. Bahasha iska jooji intuunan beerkaaga joojis bilaabin.

There is certainly no market for it. Wasqaan walba bulshada dhib ayuu u wadaa. Soomaaliya does not need qamri iyo qurunkeeda. Dadkeena jaadkii ayee tacbaan ka joogaan.

<cite>

Beer is banned but guns are not banned?

I am,

Abdi "Misplaced priorities" Johnson

Why can't both be banned?

And didn't the Federal Government recently start raiding homes and start confiscating weapons? Have you been paying attention to the news!?

I am,

Doctor "No beer in Somalia" Kenney

The federal "government" confiscates weapons of those only belonging to the smaller clans like the ones who live in Dayniile. It that has more to do with clan animosity rather than restoring public order. The two main sub clans in Mogadishu are allowed to be armed.

The "government" is only effective in getting rid of alcohol and condoms and cracking down on women who don't wear a hijab. They look the other way when it comes to guns, petty and grand corruption, murders and rapes.

I rather have someone drinking beer beside me than walking on the street with an AK. I rather have someone who wears a condom than someone who murders or rapes and gets away with it. I rather have someone not wearing a hijab than a politician stealing millions of dollars meant for famine victims and run to Nairobi to hide the stolen Benjamins

I am,

Abdi "Somalia is doomed forever" Johnson

We all know what you're getting at here Abdi Johnson. You're against the very idea of a Somalia where alcohol is banned and sexual promiscuity is frowned upon.

I completely support this alcohol ban and I think it's a great start. Sure the Federal Government is terrible at it's job of securing the country, but how can you even be against the banning of alcohol, a poisonous and harmful substance which Somalia doesn't need?

I am,

Doctor "Alcoholics are not welcomed" Kenney

I would be fine with the alcohol ban if they were as serious in punishing murderers and rapists and tackling corruption.

I made valid points but you chose to ignore them

I am,

Abdi "Somalia will never have hope" Johnson