Sign in to follow this  
AbdiJohnson

The West needs to force Somalis to respect human rights

Women are raped and the men who do it get away with it.

Camels are looted and the landheers are not jailed because they stole from a langaab.

Gays are stoned and the religious bigots justify it by quoting from their ancient texts.

5 year old girls undergo mutilation and the mothers say it's to save them from a life of promiscuity.

The West must force Somalia, Puntland, Jubbaland, Somaliland, LalaLand:

A) Jail the rapists no matter who they are

B Protect clan minorities from discrimination by passing anti-clan discrimination legislation and enforce it

C) Legalize homosexuality, pass anti-homosexuality legislation and enforce it, allow gay adoptions, allow gays to join the military and making same sex marriages legal.

D) Force the incompetent Somali govt to halt FGM by jailing those who mutilate little girls.

The Somalis love their foreign aid. The Somalis cant live without Western scraps. They will booty clap for the attention. The West must make conditions when feeding the Somali people.

I am,

Abdi "The West should put their foot down" Johnson

xabad   

Abdi your very naive and callow. You have a rosy view of the west, their not your guardians for heavens sake. only skinnies can change their ways ultimately no one can force them to change.

how old are you ??

And this is why I'm against foreign aid in the long-run.

Somalia needs to be self-dependent, so we don't have to beg the Westerners for their aid, and compromise on our principles just for a few dollars.

Disgraceful

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

And this is why I'm against foreign aid in the long-run.

Somalia needs to be self-dependent, so we don't have to beg the Westerners for their aid, and compromise on our principles just for a few dollars.

Disgraceful

Do you mean you support the looting and subjugation of minorities as that is what Mr Abdijohnson is refering to?

Or is your problem with the LGBT Somalis?

<cite>

Do you mean you support the looting and subjugation of minorities as that is what Mr Abdijohnson is refering to?

Or is your problem with the LGBT Somalis?

I agreed with some of what Abdi Johnson said, but his insistence that Somalis shouldn't use the "ancient texts" (ie. The Quran and Sunnah) as a source of legal jurisprudence is something that really got under my skin. If Mr Johnson wants to live in a secular society then he should stay in Europe, but it's people like him who want to foist their standards of secularism onto the Muslim world. And they won't succeed in their objectives, inshaAllah

Tallaabo   

<cite>

I agreed with some of what Abdi Johnson said, but his insistence that Somalis shouldn't use the "ancient texts" (ie. The Quran and Sunnah) as a source of legal jurisprudence is something that really got under my skin. If Mr Johnson wants to live in a secular society then he should stay in Europe, but it's people like him who want to foist their standards of secularism onto the Muslim world. And they won't succeed in their objectives, inshaAllah

Only if Somalis could follow those ancient texts; all our intractable problems would disappear.

<cite>

Only if Somalis could follow those ancient texts; all our intractable problems would disappear.

I've said it before in the thread which Holac created like a month back, and I'll say it again: These so-called "Secularists" are the worst thing to have ever happened to our Muslim Ummah. All of this crime, degeneracy, lack of social mobility, economic stagnation, and global humiliation has come into existence under the rule of SECULAR Dictators (Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, Hosni Mubarak, Siad Barre, Anwar Sadat, Gamal Abdel Nasser, Hasina of Bangladesh, Hafez Al Assad, etc.)

Yet when we stuck close to our religion. When we stuck close to Islam and adopted the Islamic Way of Life in it's entirety, we had flourishing nations in Islamic Spain, in Damascus, in Cairo, in Baghdad, in Mogadishu. Put your trust in Allah, adopt His Shariah, adopt the Islamic Way of Life which has a crystal-clear record, and Allah will fulfill His Promise.

Don't listen to these dim-wits who are dazzled by the success of the Western World and don't compromise on your principles. It's what got us into this mess in the first place.

DoctorKenney

Your principles include FGM, looting, clan discrimination, rape, gay discrimination? And we wonder why Somalia is in shambles?

I am not from Europe but Canada. Somalis in Europe are not secular but extremists. Somalis from Europe cannot help Somalia. They can only continue to poison it

I am,

Abdi "London is Somali extremism headquarters" Johnson

Abdi, don't put words in my mouth. I've said that I agree with some, only some of what you originally posted. But the rest of your original post is a bunch of nonsense. But to discard Islamic sources of law as a source of jurisprudence is something I can never tolerate in Somalia. Banning FGM, rape, and clan discrimination is a no-brainer.

But that has nothing to do with the topic.

Deeq A.   

AbdiJohnson and others who may not be familiar with the rules of the website, no personal attacks please. Debate issues without focusing on the personality of the nomad. There should be no insults in adult conversation. Let us respect the rules of the website.

Admin

Somalia Online

I apologize to the website and to DoctorKenney. I accept my error.

Anyways the U.S forced many backwards nations like Uganda to stop their gay discrimination or risk losing aid. I am not sure why the U.S hasn't had the same attitude with Somalis. I think its because they are already taking our resources at the moment. They have been too preoccupied.

I am,

Abdi "I call on them to do the same" Johnson

If it was up to Abdi Johnson, we would have homosexuals and shemales walking down the streets of Mogadishu and Bosaso.

If it was up to him, we would have gay bars and shemales hooking up through newspapers and online ads.

Warya, save your gay-rights agenda for Toronto or Montreal or Atlanta.

We don't want this sick, deviant behavior to be promoted in Somalia

Tallaabo   

<cite>

If it was up to Abdi Johnson, we would have homosexuals and shemales walking down the streets of Mogadishu and Bosaso.

If it was up to him, we would have gay bars and shemales hooking up through newspapers and online ads.

Warya, save your gay-rights agenda for Toronto or Montreal or Atlanta.

We don't want this sick, deviant behavior to be promoted in Somalia

Your ignorance is shocking!! What makes you think that the streets of Mogadishu, Boosaaso, or any other Somali city is free of gays and lesbians? As nearly 10% of humans anywhere in the world are homosexual, I am damn sure some of your closest relatives are closeted gays and lesbians. Just because Somali gays and lesbians are invisible to you due to the intolerance and utter ignorance of our society, does not make the Somali towns and villages free of homosexuals. Indeed, your local imam or your next door Faarax or Xaliimo with ten kids could be a closet gay or lesbian who was forced into a sham marriage due to the pressure from their families and our backward society. As William Shakespeare said, "all that glitters is not gold".

10% ???

Tallaabo you are aware that this 10% figure has long ago been debunked as a myth. I'd be surprised if the number is even 3%. The Gay Community is a very vocal minority, so it seems like there's a lot of them, when there really isn't. Here in Atlanta though, there's plenty of them and I wouldn't be surprised if the figure was like 10% of the population.

Saaxib, I've said it before, all humans have their own unique challenges to overcome. All of us have our own separate urges. I can't lie I've had a few urges towards some of the ladies in my classes, but that doesn't mean I should act on these urges! If I acted on these urges with these females, then I would be blameworthy. What I'm against is the celebration of homosexual behavior. Do we celebrate alcoholism, or cigarette smoking, or obesity, or any other problem which "cannot be controlled"? What's with this double-standard saaxib. There are no "gay people", they are just people who have homosexual urges. Stop defining people by their sexual urges; just call them people, and stop allowing yourself to view the world through their paradigm. You can have urges, but it doesn't mean you should act on them. What differentiates us from animals is our ability to have self-restraint

Tallaabo   

Dr Kenny, we have argues over this before. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are just two sides of the same coin- human sexuality. It is scientifically proven and there is no more room for you to manoeuvre regarding this. You are using an outdated and refuted tactic when you compare human sexuality with an addiction like alcoholism and your constant reference to this ridiculous comparison just shows you are dishonest in your arguments.