Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Ben Affleck slams Bill Maher 'racist','ugly' on heated Islam debate.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Here is a question for you:

What side were you cheering for at the end of the movie?

Did you find the Islamic Revolution ohave been portrayed in any "positive light"?

I don't know how that's relevant at all? Since when do I owe my loyalty to the Ayatollah of Iran?

Obviously I was cheering for Ben Affleck!

The objective of the story was to have them escape Iran and not be imprisoned. What does this have to do with anything at all? Since when is it acceptable to kidnap and imprison foreign unarmed diplomats?!

You know, even if I was Iranian I would STILL cheer for Ben Affleck in that movie.

I am one of those people who use to say that most Muslims are peaceful blah blah blah. But how do you are argue against facts? Polls do show that most Muslims hold similar views to these extremest.

<cite>

I am one of those people who use to say that most Muslims are peaceful blah blah blah. But how do you are argue against facts? Polls do show that most Muslims hold similar views to these extremest.

You're conflating several issues here. Just yesterday, an Australian man was found to have dismembered and then cooked his Indonesian girlfriend (http://news.sky.com/story/1348040/australian-chef-kills-and-cooks-girlfriend). I'm assuming the Indonesian was Muslim... Now, the media never brings his 'Christian' religion into the equation when dissecting his actions. His profession as a 'chef' is seen as more pertinent to the news story than his religion. However, if the situation was reversed the headline would read 'Muslim slaughters Australian'.

The issues of the diverse Muslim world have far more to do with sub-par political and economic development than religion. Having said that, Muslims have been woefully inadequate in their image management in the Western world. Hopefully, newer generations born and raised in the West will do a better job at public relations than their parents generation.

Remember, people, we are now part of these societies and must participate in all aspects of civic life. Acceptance and trust are earned, not readily given..... Human nature.

Minted I really don't care about the media or even religions, the bible has a lot of crazy stuff as well. But to counter Islamaphobes, we need to been able to distinguish between these crazy jihadists and the mainstream. Polls conducted in over 30 countries make this harder if not impossible in that views held by clear majority of people are no different then the jihadist. Should apostates or gays be killed? Should women be equal to men?

<cite>

Minted I really don't care about the media or even religions, the bible has a lot of crazy stuff as well. But to counter Islamaphobes, we need to been able to distinguish between these crazy jihadists and the mainstream. Polls conducted in over 30 countries make this harder if not impossible in that views held by clear majority of people are no different then the jihadist. Should apostates or gays be killed? Should women be equal to men?

Were women equal to men in Western societies before equal educational opportunities for girls vis-a-vis boys? No, they weren't. Are women equal in China, Russia, India etc.? Are not gays hounded and harassed in Putin's Russia? Or Christian-led Uganda? Are there not mass killings of Muslims in Myanmar/Burma, Sri Lanka, India(where the current Prime Minister was denied a US Visa in the past for his role in the killings of Muslims) etc.? Education, equal opportunity and development encourage humanistic practices in societies regardless of belief-systems.

I do agree that more needs to be done by our communities in the West to shame and silence the extremists within our growing immigrant communities.

Ask any muslim what would happen if anyone leave Islam?the answer is certainly beheading! and in light of what happening in many muslim countries every human being asking the same question...what the hell is in the minds of these so called jihadists, be it in Somalia,Iraq,Syria,Libya,Yemen,Afganistan,Boko Haram in Nigeria,pakistan etc,indefensible.It certainly not in bar with any otha religion.Every faith has its own wackos and such crazy stuff few and far between , obviously not anything close to Islamic jihadists!The problem with many moderate or ultra liberal muslims is blind defense,seeing the truth as Islam bashing out of fear of being called Kaffir thus conjuring same attitude as the extremists,its the fear ingrained in Islam...and now chicken coming home to roast.

Why are Naxar Nugaleed and Burahadeer so adamant in compromising Islam in order to appease Islamophobes? Do you really believe that this will endear you to people like Bill Maher and Sam Harris (who actually advocated that the Muslim world be nuclear bombed). What happened to your sharaf? What's with this defeatist mentality? Why the f*** do you care what these people think? Shouldn't you concern yourself with what Allah thinks of you? You want to gain the approval of Non-Muslims by imitating them, and then you want to ignore and completely discard the Guidance of Allah in order to appease these people?

Quran 2:120 And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.

We Muslims have a bright white history, everywhere from Islamic Spain to Cairo to Damascus to Baghdad to Timbuktu attests to this fact. One only needs to look into the history books and see for themselves. And the time when we Muslims were the pre-eminent political, military, scientific and cultural power in the world was when we stuck close to our religion.

<cite>

The point of the Hollywood machine was achieved with you. You proved my point.

Khayr, it really does depend on the movie. Everything isn't black and white saaxib. For example, that movie "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom tells the story of Salahudeen Ayyubi during the Crusades and it depicts the Muslims in a positive light and the Crusaders in a negative light. Yes, I do recognize that much of Hollywood does demonize Muslims, but not every single movie does that though. And I really do believe that Argo wasn't a movie meant to demonize Muslims, it was simply designed to tell us the fascinating events during the 1979 Revolution in Iran

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Why are Naxar Nugaleed and Burahadeer so adamant in compromising Islam in order to appease Islamophobes? Do you really believe that this will endear you to people like Bill Maher and Sam Harris (who actually advocated that the Muslim world be nuclear bombed). What happened to your
sharaf
? What's with this defeatist mentality? Why the f*** do you care what these people think? Shouldn't you concern yourself with what Allah thinks of you? You want to gain the approval of Non-Muslims by imitating them, and then you want to ignore and completely discard the Guidance of Allah in order to appease these people?

Quran 2:120 And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.

We Muslims have a bright white history, everywhere from Islamic Spain to Cairo to Damascus to Baghdad to Timbuktu attests to this fact. One only needs to look into the history books and see for themselves. And the time when we Muslims were the pre-eminent political, military, scientific and cultural power in the world was when we stuck close to our religion.

Your comment is irrelevant as both of them are committed atheists :-D

But I do agree with them that the Muslim world has a serious theological crisis. The Muslim man or woman on the street does not know whether the peaceful whirling Sufi or the monster al-Baghdadi of ISIS is closer to the truth of Islam. Information about the religion of Islam is propagated through the pulpit of the mosque by mostly ill-educated imams, Saudi printed material, or shady websites. There are no formal academic discussions or debates about grey issues among Muslim scholars; we do not have an organised system like the Christian and Jewish denominations; and most unfortunately it seems there is no effort on the part of the Muslim world to change the status quo and reclaim Islam from the extremists. Instead Islam is used by almost every tyrant, crook, or power hungry organisation to gain legitimacy among the public. As a result, even the global media is partaking in the race to ruin the good image of Islam by calling every barbaric, blood-thirsty organisation their self-labelled title "Islamic".

LOL Tallaabo I had no idea :D

BTW Tallaabo there is an enormous effort within the Muslim community to change the status quo, to incorporate Islam into their lives, and to create Islamic societies free from corruption, nepotism, and ignorance.

Just because they don't make news doesn't mean they don't exist. ISIS can go to Hell

Mintid, it happens here or there is besides the point, Muslimd are on the hot seat now. Personally, from what I can tell, the anti muslim atmosphere Is worse then even post 9/11 Era. I too hope that more education will lead to changes but who knows, I've seen lots of educated Somalis with obhorant views.

Doctor, I didn't call for the compromising of anything, just pionted out polls indicating large number of Muslim hold the same views as radicals, and that's hard to argue against. Most victims of these barbarians are overwhelming other Muslims they deemed to be infidels, much like our esteemed sol Mufti lol.

Anyways if I were to suggest anything, it would be this: there is no "Islamic State" or caliphate so there is no one with any ligetamacy when it comes to Islamic law. Because of that, religion should be left to the individual like the Quran says lakum dinukum waliyadin but that's just me.

Khayr   

Anyways if I were to suggest anything, it would be this: there is no “Islamic State” or caliphate so there is no one with any ligetamacy when it comes to Islamic law. Because of that, religion should be left to the individual like the Quran says lakum dinukum waliyadin but that’s just me.

So you are advocating for a lifeless Islam.

An Islam that has no value at all and is totally void of any worth or strength. A Secular Islam is what you want - right?

The problem here is not Islam in the theological sense. Islam theologically in comparison to all religions is logical and it's evident that it promotes justice.

One example is that is often mentioned is gender Men and women are equal in Islam. Equal but different.

The problem is not Islam or even the jihadists the problem is the western desire for world cultural, social, economic and political domination. Jihadists never invaded Iraq. Jihadists never invaded syria or Afghanistan or Somalia.

The United States created all these problem and it's world objective which is satanic in nature and Outlook sees Islam and God as a threat.