Sign in to follow this  
Khadafi

700 Somali girls with HIV acording to a famous somali Shaykh

Khadafi   

Sometime, news frenzy people like to know the local "buzz" or the warka by simply going to the local cafés. That's the somali way of getting gruesome "tabloid like" news. A a couple of months ago the buzz on every lip was "JUBBA JUBBA JUBBA". The Xalimos while preparing food were saying to each other "haye ma maqashay warka, JUBBA JUBBA JUBBA". The men were discussing it everywhere. Thats simply our habit. When we meet each other the local habit/costume of greeting is " iskaa WARan-an". (talk to me). Ponder about it, a a somali saying to another somali "talk about yourself", this schizophrenic phrase is what makes us wonderful and a very social group.

I went to the local cafeteria in town and heard the latest buzz. While sitting with a friends, a friend with the nick name "bizarro" and who has a bad habit by saying bizarre news told us bluntly "700 girls are locked up somewhere in a institution in UK because of Aids". The fadhi-ku-dirir became silent and our ears and eyes turned to him. While some of us are trying to outsmart each other by talking about "sophisticated" topics like "peak oil and somalia" Mr bizarro gets the spotlight by droppings news that makes you choke on the local pastry!

Reason comes after the shock. I asked to him "what are you saying". He replied back and said that a famous somali shaykh went to the UK and saw 700 girls between the age 14-19 in treatment for Aids. (I will not mention names) and that the shaykh has said this in a sermon-khutba Dhagawayne (big ears) known to us by dismissing facts quickly replied "war ma waalantahay! How can 700 be in the same hospital/institution for a single common disease, when did UK practise segregation of racial lines, and why would they be in a hospital when anti-viral drugs are free in the UK?. Mr bizarro looked to his left and right and answered " I dont know, I only come with the news"

That was the buzz I heard. I later made some searches on the internet and found what Bizarro had known a week before. The brilliant Universal tv-reporter Abdi-Hafid asked UK's NHS about the institution and they dismissed the idea and said they they did now a hospital caring for 700 Somali girls with AIDS. In-conclusion, it's good to have an awareness about deadly diseases and as far as I know, Somalis are not immune to this disease but whats acceptable and whats not? We all add something to our speeches to make the message and point heard understood. The truth exposes something and not even the culumo are immune from this.

By the way, I forgot to mention what dhagawayne said to Mr Bizarro before we left the cafeteria He said "what compelled the shaykh to see 700 teenage girls, what about the boys, for every girl their should statistically be boys, this HIV-AIDS is not limited to women". Bizarro simply replied back: "War ani miyaa iga shakisantahay in aan qabo cudurkaasi"

Ismahaan   

Well done Abdihafid , this guy is a legend. I luve him for the sake of Allah.

Alpha when I heard this news from our own sheikh, i was thinking hold down 700 women suffering from HIV /Aids in London placed in a special camp? This must be a joke because In Europe there are no special camps for individual living with Aids.

It seems to be an open season for every Somali man to invent and propagate negative stereotypes of Somali females even our Sheikhs who we trust most Subhan Allah.

And these are the low-IQ people we expect to be leading our community. These "odaays" and "Sheikhs". They need to get a job and stop believing these far-fetched tales

The problem withbus is believing any one with rosary or koofiyad with the self croened title of Sheikh. These people prey on the gullible and ignorant to maintain their fake status. They use the same tactics of the cult leaders 'cause they know their word will be taken sacred. Those Sheikhs have to compete with others to brain wash more than them since no body is going to confront them.

That alleged Sheikh could be even sick in the head. We Somalis can hardly differentiate the wired and the sane unless they go out naked in the street. I remember in psychiatric lecture where the teacher said that 20% of common people are mentally unfit, though most of them seem to be normal to us. I am sure most of the Somalis who heard that weirdo believed his nonesenical bacaac..

galbeedi   

Like newspapers, some Sheekhs are manufacturing news to get more audience. The problem is no one will confront the Sheikh about ant thing they say. We all afraid " in ay xerada Islaamka Inaga Saaraan, Ilayn Awood ayey u Leeyihiine"

Hasina   

But isn't there a Somali proverb, that goes a bit like, hadaad been sheegaysid been run uu eg sheeg, 'Cause any person can see this is a blantant lie.

The shear propganda and brain washing is why our youth are flocking in drves to the Syria. Our so called journalists have no much education and they knowingly or unintentionally propagate the Wahabi lies in the media.

http://caasimadda.com/daawo-mucjiso-malaaik-ka-qeyb-qaadatay-dagaalka-suuriya-warbixin/

"Waa tan junuuddii Ilaahay (Malaa’ik) ka qeyb qaadanaysa dagaallada Suuriya oo si waadix ah loogu arkay luuqyada iyo shaarica Suuriya. Goor uu shahiiday mid kamid ah shacabka ama aan dhahee ciidamada xorta ee Suuriya, oo dadku ay kari la’ yahiin inay xabbada dhexdeeda kasoo qaadaan ayaa waxaa meel derbi dhinac waxaa kasoo baxay nin dhalin yara ah, oo wada dhar cad sita. Durba wuxuu isku soo beegay halkii uu meydka yaalay, isagoo usocda sida nin xaalad amni ku jira, oo aanan haba yaraatee dareemeyn inuu dhex maraya meel xabada ka dhacayaan. Siduu usoo tallaabayay ayuu dadkii kale uga hor maray meydkii Shahiidka, oo inta labada gacan ku qabsaday misna udhiibay gacanta midigta, oo hal gacan ku qaaday isaga dhan.

Khayr   

<cite>
said:</cite>

And these are the low-IQ people we expect to be leading our community. These "odaays" and "Sheikhs". They need to get a job and stop believing these far-fetched tales

You are sounding very Alpha Blondy like these days.

That is not cool at all as he borders on being

Bi-P.

Khadafi   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Like newspapers, some Sheekhs are manufacturing news to get more audience. The problem is no one will confront the Sheikh about ant thing they say. We all afraid " in ay xerada Islaamka Inaga Saaraan, Ilayn Awood ayey u Leeyihiine"

Galbeedi, your right on this. This statement or "muxadaro" was done by a well known Somali cleric who is invited to religious conferences around the globe. He is also rich, during the middle 90-ties this man poor and now he is one of those rich wadaads you find in Nayroobi. I am not jealous but serious questions needs to be answerd when you see a man from the rags to the riches. As the reporter Abdul-Hafid said, his words will have a huge impact on on the Somali society. What I am asking my self is : why did not those 200+ attenders raise a critical or the simple question "dear shaykh, we are living in the UK, could you give us the address to the institute where 700 girls with HIV are treated!"

To be honest galbeedi, I would not have the guts do raise that question because of what you mentioned. Since the out break of the civil war and the collapse of the academical "foundations" of Somalis its understandable that Somalis rely on "wadaads" or on our respected culomo, our culture teaches that. Culumo were those who did not indulge in tribal wars, they were the peacemakers who had a free-passport to freely roam in the somali peninsula between different feuding tribes. A tribe that was hostile to a tribe that the wadaad originated from would not be hurt. He would even be allowed to live their and open a "dugsi".

Thats gone now, politicized Islam, aka Khomeneni style wadaads are the new warlords. This raises important questions really. What happened? Who did the peacefull wadaad, known by teaching the joyfull message of Allah and his prophet scw become the one with the gun and murdering people in the name of Allah and claiming power in his name?. I decided not to post the video of the muxadaro where the wadaad says girls with HIV but since it is a public recorded muxaadaro I will post here in SOL. For those who have diseases in their heart and become happy when they get the chance to bash religion are not welcome. Let's have a honest discussion.

See the full muxaadaro with the comments by the reporter Abdul Hafid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQGrHPoasvs

gooni   

Waxaan u gartay in laysku raacay in wadaadku tiro aan sax ahayn sheegay

Hadaba aniga aragtidayda wariyahaa ila khaldan,waxaa fiican inuu dul qaato in mudo ah iskuna dayo inuu sheekha la xiriiro intay doonto ha qaadato

si uusan caamada ama dadka aan wax u kala saarnayn jaran jarada uga daadan

guud ahaan culumada waa la asturaa waana laga dambeeyaa xataa haddii khalad yimaado.

the sheikhs earn 25% of all the money collected from the charity shows on the Somali TV stations. that's quite disgusting. they are enriching themselves instead of helping the poor people or building masjids. these celebrity sheikhs prey on the weak, frail and the uneducated. there ought to be some regulatory framework governing their conduct.