Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Somalia's high seas LOST to Kenya

I'm getting a really bad taste in my mouth while reading this thread. If this is true, then Hassan Sheikh is hands-down the worst Politician I've seen in my lifetime.

He has zero political acumen and ZERO common sense.

Whatever damage he does...must be undone by the next Somali President. And Kenya can see this President for the dooqon that he is. Which is why they're trying to annex a portion of Somalia's territory, while they still have the chance.

Ismahaan   

Doctorkenney! I feel your pain brother the truth hurts, but remember it can also set you free. Hassan Sheikh and his government want to limit the Somalia's Territorial Sea to 12 nautical miles, undermining Somali Law No 37 on the Territorial Sea and Ports, of 10 September 1972.

But the problem here is ‘’ President Hassan Sheikh and his unelected government put into office through 4.5 clan appointed parliament have no constitutional and legal authority to legitimately change any laws, enter agreements or take to international court issues touching on Somali sovereignty and territorial integrity’’.

And also Involving Somalia in a lawsuit, at this time, is simply an attempt to donate the Somali territorial sea to Kenya in cohorts with foreign hyenas of the sea. The so called Somali government has initiated this unnecessary and illegal court proceedings putting into dispute our territorial water first and secondly they just want avoid law suits and blames in the future so as a result of this they concocted this illegal submission to the international court so then can say we have tried our best but the international court hands over Somali territorial sea to Kenya not us.

Sidii uu sangub horey u yiri ‘’ ninkii dilayey boow doodayee nabadba yoow doonay’’.

If you want undertand whole issue please read this article http://www.aminarts.com/link/SomaliaEEZ.pdf.

Mida kale maxaay states ku u hadli la yihiin ileen sheekadaan ilaa raas casaayr to raas kambooni baay qusaaysaaye? Mise tolow iyana waxaay is leeyihiin hadaa hadashaan armaa dabaayshu idin qadaa ileen sheekada international community baa watee. Yaab umadeenii Alle damiirtii buu inta badan ka qaday ma aqaan wax si ka ah.

What I'm really hoping for Ismahan, is for the United Nations to put this entire dispute "on hold", and for them to force Kenya to stop granting oil blocks to foreign oil companies in the region until after 3 or 4 years. Try and delay it as much as possible.

This President only has 2 years left, so we need to do what we can to delay a court decision until then, because I really don't trust Hassan Sheikh to work in Somalia's best interests.

Delay it until we get a new President. Hassan Sheikh knows he's never gonna be re-elected, so at least delay the decision until we have a new President who's not a complete doqoon.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

^ That picture is an insult to Somalis and Somalia in general

That picture translates that there is no such thing as Somalia as the symbol of Somalia is missing.

In that picture, Kenya sees you as just being a rogue member of IGAD, nothing more, you forgot your flag, you are regarded as retard!

Of course there is no longer a country called Somalia. In its place there is a Bantu colony.

Ismahaan   

Delay@ very good idea but can we delay the court? There was already meeting about this on 3 September , 2014 in New York. We do don't even know what is going on, everything is undercover. This sounds crazy but only Hassan and few other guys know this case. The Somali people have no idea what's going to happen next or what is going on behind these doors.

Ismahaan   

Holac you are very welcome bro. Ninka nuune ah baa topic bilaabay waa in mahadsanid la dhaho...shaqo fiican buu qabtay. Somali was not built on fear. It was built on courage, on imagination and is a reminder of the sacrifice of our nation's founders and heroes. Ma qaadan karno niman aan wax tarikh ah kulahaayn soomaali history 2 saac gudaheeyd in aay ku iibiyaan, qofkii qatana taas waa damiir qof aan lahaayn.

Somalia has lost a whole lot more over the last 25 years, this recent dispute is pretty much meaningless to the common Somali living there today. Oil would only add to our problems for we seem not capable of getting along ourselves, without the added complications of oil money.

Mooge   

<cite>

Somalia has lost a whole lot more over the last 25 years, this recent dispute is pretty much meaningless to the common Somali living there today. Oil would only add to our problems for we seem not capable of getting along ourselves, without the added complications of oil money.

niyoow, you make lots of sense when you are not bashing Islam. lol

Dee waa wax laga xanaaqo, these idiots are crying over potential oil money when we have much bigger problems to deal with. No one gives two shits about said 'territorial integrity' of Somalia.

Takale there may be some sense in my Islamic bashing too sxb, open your heart :D

Obviously, this is a long-term problem and not a short-term problem. Somalia has neither the will nor the capability to drill for oil....yet

But things change, and if we lose the territory today, then 50 years from now our children could look back at this time period and regret the actions we didn't take to secure Somalia's borders.

Russia sold the land of Alaska to the United States back in 1867, for only 7 million dollars. That's all it was, just 7 million dollars! I bet they assumed it was a worthless piece of land, so they gave it to America for such a low price. The Russians at the time had NO IDEA much oil exists in Alaska, and how much natural gas and minerals exist there. There are literally trillions of dollars of wealth that exists in Alaska, and I bet the Russians are kicking themselves today.

We don't know the future, we can't predict what'll happen in 20 years, let alone 50 years from now.

And we can't let Kenya take advantage of Somalia in our current moment of weakness, or it will be a serious source of regret for Somalia in the future. Whether Somalia is in chaos or not doesn't matter. The chaos will eventually end, sooner or later. And if we sell-out and give our territory to these Kenyans, then it will be the worst mistake we could possibly make.

<cite>

Takale there may be some sense in my Islamic bashing too sxb, open your heart
:D

There is no sense in it. None at all. I know this isn't the time or place to get into such a discussion, but I had to add that part in.

And this has been demonstrated many times on this forum by various members. You're not a serious individual.

<cite>

There is no sense in it. None at all. I know this isn't the time or place to get into such a discussion, but I had to add that part in.

And this has been demonstrated many times on this forum by various members. You're not a serious individual.

Dude, you need to seriously grow up and stop following me around like a lost duckling.

Anyone who would take the time to read our past discussions will clearly see the truth of your medieval dogma.

Now kindly bugger off.

<cite>

Dude, you need to seriously grow up and stop following me around like a lost duckling.

Anyone who would take the time to read our past discussions will clearly see the truth of your medieval dogma.

Now kindly bugger off.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything to the troll. But I felt like I had to add that part in.

You're a proven liar AllYourBase, and a dishonest character.

And your cowardice and inability to answer basic questions has been demonstrated many times on this forum.

Now get the hell out of my face.

Ismahaan   

Hees magaceeda la yiraahdo soomaaliya waa mashruuc, oo wasiirka Arimaha dibada ee soomaaliya mudane Beyle oo lagu khasbay in uu warqad in uu UN ka i diro , xaqiijiyana in Soomaaliya biyaha tahay 12 nm. Ka dib markuu arintii ka xumaaday ayuu heestaan sameeyey. Bal si Fiican u dhegaaysta, ila dhegaysta intiina soomaali fahmaysooy.

Qodobada yaab ka leh ee ka hor imaanaya dastuurka soomaaliya waxaay ahaayeen:

IIIl. Dispute Bogga 4-aad ee Dacwadda DFS

16: As adjacent coastal states facing general -south-southeast onto the Indian Ocean, the potential maritime entitlements of Somalia and Kenya overlap, including in the area beyond 200 nm.

Saxiixe: Dr.Abdirahman Dualeh Beileh minster of Foreign affairs and investment promotion Agent of the Federal Republic of Somalia. Link ka eeg ICJ website.