Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaRising

My brothers from snm.

Don't worry guys. I always thought this Somaliland mindset was something new birthed by the unfortunate circumstances of the Kacaan regime. Though the mentality seems to have a long history, one of which I learned when I read "THE ISAQ SOMALI DIASPORA AND POLL-TAX AGITATION IN KENYA, 1936-41" by E. R. Turton. Even the early 1900 landers would rather call themselves Sharif Isaq Arabs than Somalis when talking with the Brits. It is nothing something that can be debated. For some it is in their blood. It is a futile effort to engage.

^^ That is because all the other Somalis wanted to be treated like the other Bantus Luhyas Kikuyu luos and all the others in Kenya, but the afro hashemites wanted to pay higher tax so that they can have better schools better education and better health care and better all of that better jobs and live in better areas. By the way Somaliland predates , Somalia way before general afweyne was born. Its the same as today most Koonfurians are happy with Turks feeding the mothers and children where as African union troops protect the governmental institutions and their leaders. People have different mindsets different behaviors different interests different values and ethics and morals different images. The same way Kenyan Somalis defend their Bantu overlords against their own.

Sultan xassan tarabi in 1889 said Cuqaal talisa Boqor caaddila iyo culimo miisaan leh. Ilaahi Carshiga Nuuriyoow kaaga caban mayno. Caddaankaanu wada loollanaa madaw cisaynmayno, its the same.

Hawdian   

Somali phlisopher , considering whats happend to koonfurians in kenya im suprised you have time to read the somalilander history in Kenya one of the most integrated community which has long story. Their is a saying , hoyo nacas ma dhaso. Concentrated on ur own issues waleynia.

Mooge   

^^hahaha. Hawdian niyoow integrated as in marrying madow? go to east africa niyoow and see what is happening. walaahi the labor slaves the British brought from Somaliland are the poorest and "most integrated" in all the Somalis because they mixed with the locals so much that you can't even recognized them in places like tanzania which I visited. They have no businesses to speak highly of (except few) and are bad shape economically and politically (all politics is dominated by other Somalis). forget Kenya, go to even tanzania and they are known as the cow herderds because they all have cows in small villages while most Somalis run huge businesses stretching from Kenya all the way to South Africa.

if i were you, I wouldn't brag about "integrated" because that will hit your ilk hard. lool.

Dalmar1   

<cite>
said:</cite>

^^hahaha. Hawdian niyoow integrated as in marrying madow? go to east africa niyoow and see what is happening. walaahi the labor slaves the British brought from Somaliland are the poorest and "most integrated" in all the Somalis because they mixed with the locals so much that you can't even recognized them in places like tanzania which I visited. They have no businesses to speak highly of (except few) and are bad shape economically and politically (all politics is dominated by other Somalis). forget Kenya, go to even tanzania and they are known as the cow herderds because they all have cows in small villages while most Somalis run huge businesses stretching from Kenya all the way to South Africa.

if i were you, I wouldn't brag about "integrated" because that will hit your ilk hard. lool.

I too have been to Kenya and Tanzania, wallahi the richest 2 were Habr G(angsters) and reer eagle,s but the richest man in Tanzania was an HAG from the reer Beledweyne which was worth 1.7B.

anyway the snm are known not to have any business enterprises anywhere besides having only Amina (which i think is from reer snm, not sure though) and Dhabshiil (even though HAG's Albarakat was ten times richer, until shut down by USA).

Go to UAE, Egypt,Uganda,Qatar,Tanzania,Rwanda,Oman,Both sudan's and Kenya (also known as little Mogadishu), and you will come to know HAG has Hge Economic Business presence as No.1 in Somalis!

AS an example of HAGS superiority over other Somalis in terms of Economic and business, look and compare This three villages of Burco,Hargeisa and Berbera which all had 23 years of Peace and stability which remains dusty,waterless and no all round electricity and paved roads, and which in all has been surpassed by Xamar within 2 years of Peace!

Dalmar1   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Dalmar you are just as bad as CidanSultan. Enough. I will let you guys hate each other in harmony.

Sxb i'm sorry, i promise i shall refrain myself from now, and if i do transgress then let me know so i may stop brother!

Actually one of the most richest in Uganda is a Somalilander Amina Mohammed hersi, Ethnic Somalilanders in Kenya are not that many there are more Koonfurians in Kenya because they came there as refugees there is no need to brag about the slums of islii.

By the way there is no politics in Kenya, its all dominated by Kenyans Kikuyu and other Kenyan Bantus if you talk about some MPS it doesn't really matter , People in east Africa from Somalia or Somaliland are only relevant business wise.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaD5QxfQnQ-ut0vUI2On4

No to mention landers have the largest airliners that are local in Kenya and Tanzanian. The transpiration and logics business and the somalilanders in Kenya are still there they just choose not to live in isli and by active we mean they part take in society.

i wonder what non-Somalis browsing these boards make of this xenophobic attacks against each other. it's not just our online personas that shocks folks. in real life too, we're full of hatred for each other.

Hawdian   

^ just like the Ukrainians and Russians disagree on history, somalilanders and somalis from horn'dafric will disagree on politics and the history of somaliland , somalia, and the former somali union.i dont think people hate eachother but disagree on politics is fairly common.

This is normal a turbulent past rivalries animosities distrust will make sure the horn of Africa as a whole will never really be peaceful. Because we wish to annihilate each other some in the name of Somalinimo some in the name of Takfirnimo some in the name of Tribal union. History is what makes people, it has been 23 years and the first frictions started in the 1970s this will only continue,the Question no one wants to lose no one wants to be on the dark side of the History in 50 years time or 100 years time. This is a crucial time i used to think the late 1980s were Crucial this is more crucial than ever.

Ninki roon ba reerka u hadhaya

Zerosum game

Haa dhakhleyso

Tallaabo   

Somalis in foreign lands regarless of their economic situation are still tarred with the same brush and looked down upon.