Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

We Are Somalilanders

Kaluun   

^^ No doubt Cukuse is a genuine citizen and one us but that's because we welcomed him. There was a time he wasn't a citizen nor one of us. I am saying if they can be like him, we will make them one of us too.

Mujahid Cukuse is halyey.

I think people from central regions would be more comparable with our ideals, values, culture and language.

My sister returned from Hargeisa and Berbera a few weeks ago, and the stories she told me really disappointed me, and I'm extremely disillusioned about this Somaliland issue now.

She spoke with the regular people of Somaliland, and they almost unanimously want nothing to do with the rest of Somalia. They are really intent on having their own country that's separate from the rest of Somalia. And this is common from the politicians, to the young 20 year olds, to the little children, to the Sheikhs, to the businessmen. It's just awful. How are we going to unite as one nation when most of the 3 million people of Somaliland do not want to be a part of the Union?

I personally want to see all of Somalia united.....all of it. But now, it really does look unrealistic to me. The people of the North don't want it. And 25 years of civil war really changed the mentality of the people in our country.

And if Somaliland is a separate nation which allows Koonfurians to settle in and obtain citizenship, and vice-versa....then at least that would be a far better solution than what we're experiencing right now. I've met far too many "Somalilanders" who have this belief that Koonfurians should all be deported and mistreated, but then again, this might not reflect the opinions of all the people in that country. Radicals exist everywhere, and yes a Confederacy sounds like a worthy compromise

DoctorKenney;989455 wrote:
My sister returned from Hargeisa and Berbera a few weeks ago, and the stories she told me really disappointed me, and I'm extremely disillusioned about this Somaliland issue now.

She spoke with the regular people of Somaliland, and they almost unanimously want nothing to do with the rest of Somalia. They are really intent on having their own country that's separate from the rest of Somalia. And this is common from the politicians, to the young 20 year olds, to the little children, to the Sheikhs, to the businessmen. It's just awful. How are we going to unite as one nation when most of the 3 million people of Somaliland do not want to be a part of the Union?

I personally want to see all of Somalia united.....all of it. But now, it really does look unrealistic to me. The people of the North don't want it. And 25 years of civil war really changed the mentality of the people in our country.

And if Somaliland is a separate nation which allows Koonfurians to settle in and obtain citizenship, and vice-versa....then at least that would be a far better solution than what we're experiencing right now. I've met far too many "Somalilanders" who have this belief that Koonfurians should all be deported and mistreated, but then again, this might not reflect the opinions of all the people in that country. Radicals exist everywhere, and yes a Confederacy sounds like a worthy compromise

This is the reality

But Somalilanders would not mind to live side by side in peace with Somalia and the movement of people, the next generation of Somalilanders have no connection with Somalia at all. The only thing they know is that the koonfurians oppose their statehood , and that a brutal war was fought decades ago, and the only way for Somalia and Somaliland to get along is if they restore relations as separate states

Kaluun   

Doc,

To be honest. Somaliland is 70% youth under the age of 30. Almost all of them never heard of anything called Somalia. To them Somalia is no different than Djibouti.

If Djibouti today says Somaliland is part of Ali Sabeh, I assure you more people would find that more legit than Mogadishu's claims.

Its time the south moved on. As for parts of Sool and eastern Sanaag....I am happy to let them go likewise and accept they join with their Kinsman if that's what they desire.

Aduunkan maanta nimanyahow qasab ma jiro otherwise your only friend will be the walls of the Hague.

Guje   

I support somaliland but should we not go one better and create an independt Awdal-land, I-land, and Khatumo-land. seems only fair.

Guje;989478 wrote:
I support somaliland but should we not go one better and create an independt Awdal-land, I-land, and Khatumo-land. seems only fair.

Who is we and who should create those states shouldn't the people of those regions create those states themselves no one can create it for them.

Guje   

Every clan for their own, Isaacs can go their separate way, same with maakhir and khatumo not forgetting the awdalites. maxaa ka kab keenay.

^^ If thats what they want than kuddos to them but dont you think they should be making those states, right now the Khatumo Faction consists of 2 sub factions one leaning towards Puntland karaash and the other one roaming between Somaliland and the Garowe clan enclave led by indhasheel dont you think There should be 2 khatumo states for the 2 khatumo sub clan states.

Guje   

They already making facts on the ground as we speak, the non isaacs want nothing to do with SL or its founder clan just as you vehemently proclaim your not part of somalia. its a circular hate.

I have no problem if a region or a clan does not want to be part of Somaliland by the way stop mentioning clan names its against the golden rules but my argument is those who advocate to create such states shouldn't they create those states. Why is the Awdal state president from Toronto giving up his awdal state and want to Join Somaliland. Why is Karaash one of the 3 presidents of Khatumo why is he leaning towards Puntland if he wants a Khatumo state. Shouldnt Khatumo state be divided in 2 sub clan states? I dont believe there is hatred by the way in the whole Africa there are just different interests and desires and aspirations in the region. Nacayb waxa qaada uun qof aad u xanuunsanaya.

Kaluun   

Guje,

Duriyad like me support Khatumos going their own way however I will reason with Adalis. We will hold referendum and if the majority wins they should respect that. I am happy to share state with them and give them a fair chance. The others add no value to us. They are waste of bariis. I personally am tired of enlisting their bariis doon militias every other week under so called 'qarames'.

Anagu ma haysano, they are the ones who took our shirt and decided to impose it on their other sect. We get blamed for no reason. Blame Habsade, Haglatosiye, Bashe and Co. Not us. They said they are us and they want assistance and we said okay but why? They said they are under attack and we said maxad haysin and they said we can put every son under you...waxan ku nidhi doni mayno lakin dhibka laydinku haya wu na yara dhibaya.

Its no surprise today they are the ones spilling blood in taleh same way they did in Kalshale, Buhodle and Hudun but blamed us just because they hijacked our shirt.

We never go to their regions, they are the ones who send suldan, garad, cirole, islan, carur, student, militia, politician to us and all we do is welcome them.

Adalis are cool, they do their own thing and are capable people. I respect them.

The Next Generation of Somalilanders, when we the oldies die they the next generation are the one that will help the nation forward. And they have no clue what Somalia is. Makes no sense to them to be ruled from a city so many KM south of them, whom they have little or no dealings with and all they know about them is the stories their elders told them. All born and bred in a Somaliland.

1486849_10152056697029106_1378124237_n.j[/img]

bur.JPG

somaliland-2010_06_22_0336_0.jpg

7299675548_6f061a52f7_z.jpg

ld7_1.JPG

531435_304876579608273_1461771534_n.jpg

33y2b00.jpg

a2d5vt.jpg

Look at the crowd all born in the early 90s or late 80s.

somaliland-youth.jpg

DoctorKenney;989393 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder how any "Somalilander" can consciously accept secession from the rest of Somalia.

We Muslims should be uniting under one leadership, under one State. But since that's not the case--at least nowadays--then how is it acceptable that Somalis from the Northwestern region want to secede from the rest of Somalia?

Nationalism is a very ugly thing. And to be nationalistic over some colonial borders is even more ridiculous. Jacaylbaro needs to let it go

"He is not one of us who calls for Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for Asabiyyah or who dies for Asabiyyah." --Prophet Muhammad (saaw)

And you call yourself a DOCTOR ?? ,,, Very disappointing indeed

Yes Xaaji, those photos you just posted portray exactly the situation my older Sister described to me. It's very unsettling.

The people of Somaliland are pretty dead-set on independence and do not want any association with the Somalis of the South. Almost all of them.

Tallaabo   

DoctorKenney;989521 wrote:
Yes Xaaji, those photos you just posted portray exactly the situation my older Sister described to me. It's very unsettling.

The people of Somaliland are pretty dead-set on independence and do not want any association with the Somalis of the South. Almost all of them.

Brother Kenny, yes most people in Somaliland don't want to have any association with Somalia FOR NOW. This is because Somaliland is not yet recognised by the international community so the people are focused on getting that recognition. However, once Somaliland is officially separated form Somalia and if the politicians on both sides avoid any potential conflict of interest, then the general attitude of the people in Somaliland will gradually change in favour of more social, economic, security, and political integration between the two counties. God willing if in the future Somaliland and Somalia along with Djibouti might even give up their sovereignty in many area and pool their resources together like the EU to compete with our much bigger neighbours.