Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Suicide

Guje;989542 wrote:
Thanks for caring but somethings no one can help you safferz, you have to face them alone.

Have you thought of seeking help from a higher power. For some people one's relation with his creator is the only reason they're living. Like Allah says in his holy book:

I have not created jinn and man but to worship me.

Safferz   

Guje;989542 wrote:
Thanks for caring but somethings no one can help you safferz,
you have to face them alone.

No, you don't -- the same feelings of depression that have you thinking about suicide are the same ones that make you think you're alone and that your thoughts aren't unhealthy. Considering suicide and saying you hate living are NOT the words of someone with good mental and emotional health, there are doctors, counselors and professionals that can help you treat depression, and suicide prevention/crisis hotlines with people you can talk to and who will give referrals. Everything you've described *can* be treated with therapy and the right medication, but the first and most difficult step is to seek help, so please reconsider!

Safferz;989549 wrote:
No, you don't -- the same feelings of depression that have you thinking about suicide are the same ones that make you think you're alone and that your thoughts aren't unhealthy. Considering suicide and saying you hate living are NOT the words of someone with good mental and emotional health, there are doctors, counselors and professionals that can help you treat depression, and suicide prevention/crisis hotlines with people you can talk to and who will give referrals. Everything you've described *can* be treated with therapy and the right medication, but the first and most difficult step is to seek help, so please reconsider!

+1

Guje;989542 wrote:
Thanks for caring but somethings no one can help you safferz, you have to face them alone.

Well you're facing them with people in this forum now right? I believe the internet has given people the opportunity to face their problems without feeling shame. As Somalis we tend to look at people who have psychological or social problems as weak individuals and just leave them aside. No matter how we differ in our views we're still human beings who help each other when need be. If there's anything anyone of us can do to help you just say it, I'm sure people on these forums are more than willing to help. Just look at the beautiful message from Saff.

Suicide is a serious issue, and effects some people. Suicide and mental health is the only thing i never make fun of, or put others down for.

Alpha Blondy and Guje i hope things work out for both of you.

The person i know who tried to do that is now in stable condition, but the doctors said he'd have permanent damages from the way that stuff happened. I hope he makes out of this OK.

Nin-Yaaban;989555 wrote:
Suicide is a serious issue, and effects some people. Suicide and mental health is the only thing i never make fun of, or put others down for.

Alpha Blondy and Guje i hope things work out for both of you.

The person i know who tried to do that is now in stable condition, but the doctors said he'd have permanent damages from the way that stuff happened. I hope he makes out of this OK.

NY good on you for bringing it up! It's a discussion that's much needed. May Allah reward you immensely.

guleed_ali;989557 wrote:
NY good on you for bringing it up! It's a discussion that's much needed. May Allah reward you immensely.

Thanks. The internet isn't really a good place to have a discussion about suicide or mental issues since its full of trolls and sarcastic people. I hope people have family/friends they can talk to or can go somewhere to get help, before its too late.

Nin-Yaaban;989561 wrote:
Thanks. The internet isn't really a good place to have a discussion about suicide or mental issues since its full of trolls and sarcastic people. I hope people have family/friends they can talk to or can go somewhere to get help, before its too late.

You're right there was a case once of some random dude in MN who coerced a Moroccan Canadian girl studying in University into committing suicide by getting into a suicide pact. Of course she went through with it and he just moved on to his next victim. He posed as a female nurse if I remember correctly, what a coward!

Khayr   

Don't acknowledge your dark sides. Misery loves company.

You need someone to actually

give you a reality check on were

you stand compared to others.

Go visit a hospital and visit the terminally ill and you will

gain some perspective.

I thought about suicide a few times. A few days later, I usually found myself happier than a carnivore in a butcher shop. Then I thought about it again. Then I found myself happier than a herbivore in a Scotland summer.

Upon reflection, I realized that it's the single most selfish, most ungrateful, and most impulsive act one can take.

May God protect us.

Safferz   

Haatu;989588 wrote:
^^You're telling me that guy decided to take a picture instead of help that poor kid?!?

The kid was already at a food centre, and he chased the vulture away. Obviously there's much to discuss about the ethics of photojournalism and whether it's exploitative to photograph people in conditions like this, but there's a lot of misinformation about the context of the photograph and what could have been done for the child.

Anyway, really crude and unnecessary post Apophis, someone here with fragile mental and emotional health shared something I doubt they have ever shared with those who know them, and you have no idea of what this person has experienced or goes through to be in that state. Depression isn't a sign of weakness.

thefuturenow;989578 wrote:
I thought about suicide a few times. A few days later, I usually found myself happier than a carnivore in a butcher shop. Then I thought about it again. Then I found myself happier than a herbivore in a Scotland summer.

Upon reflection, I realized that it's the single most selfish, most
ungrateful
, and most impulsive act one can take.

May God protect us.

Have you looked into Bipolar disorder? what you are describing sounds similar...

Amiin to your duca.