Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

crazy Dubailand.

You need to respect the Emiratis. This is what good leadership does with a country. If this was Africa the "sultans" would take all the money and it would still be a desert.

All cities are built on slavery - just go back long enough. Or 'cheap labour' as we call it these days. Hobesian Brute there's a reason why they made it and you didn't. A doer does and a hater hates.

I have more respect for the indigenous development model of Singapore and Hong Kong who built their world class cities on knowledge economy, hard work, and ingenuity. Not some feckless Arabs who just happen to sit on some of the world's largest oil reserves, and use slave labor to build ostentatious sky-crappers. if oil runs out and the slave laborers refuse to come, Dubai will return to the desert hamlet it once was. What is impressive about that ??

N.O.R.F   

^Singapore and Hong Kong are hundreds of years old (developed as colonial outposts/trade routes). Dubai is just over 40 and has caught and surpassed them in many areas.

N.O.R.F;977014 wrote:
^Singapore and Hong Kong are hundreds of years old (developed as colonial outposts/trade routes). Dubai is just over 40 and has caught and surpassed them in many areas.

+1

Hong Kong, Singapore & USA was built on worst type of slavery.

kudos Dubai, more sky-liners will mean more heart attacks for haters.

Tallaabo   

I watched this documentary a long time ago. Yes Indeed the Emiratis, Qataris, Kuwaitis, and Omanis are blessed with good leadership. If I were them I would never say a bad word against the good Emirs:) Dubai already had the worlds second busiest international airport after Heathrow, one of the busiest ports, a growing financial district, more than 10 million tourists a year, world class infrastructure, the biggest trade in the region, growing education sector, etc.. Indeed it is a city determined to annoy its haters;)

Hobbesian_Brute;977010 wrote:
I have more respect for the indigenous development model of
Singapore
and
Hong Kong
who built their world class cities on knowledge economy, hard work, and ingenuity. Not some feckless Arabs who just happen to sit on some of the world's largest oil reserves, and use slave labor to build ostentatious sky-crappers. if oil runs out and the slave laborers refuse to come, Dubai will return to the desert hamlet it once was. What is impressive about that ??

First of all if these people were gaalo you'd be licking their feet. Secondly this "if the oil runs out they'll go back to the desert" is a myth. Maybe in Saudi Arabia but not Dubai.

Read this you peasant hater

Although Dubai's economy was built on the back of the oil industry,[4] revenue from petroleum and natural gas currently account for less than 6% of the emirate's gross domestic product. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Dubai

It's got real estate, tourism, health, banking, of course the port where Somalis are running things after the Iranians. etc. Only an ignorant fool would say they only have oil.

They took the oil and utilized it to land on top of the world.