Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Hargeysa International BookFair (HIBF)

Alpha Blondy;974240 wrote:
i'm going there in like 6hrs, abti. i'll spend about $300 purchasing some of this year's books for my library project, inshallah. i'll post the pics ee sida uula soco.

1098439_10151790475129250_253477581_n.jp

542221_10151790476014250_1382108321_n.jp

558178_10151790500724250_1631782081_n.jp

i went early this morning and purchased books for my library project, y'all. very expensive stuff walahi. some of the books were ridiculously priced ($50+), you know. again, the HIBF has failed on the accessibility front. sida waa laga ficanyahay, ruunti.

Jacaylbaro;974292 wrote:
I am opening a center where i can keep the "good for nothing" people so that they don't infect others .......

HIBF proved to be one of the success stories in the world ......... at least for now

JBoooooow, inaar

waxaad tahay laan-gaab elhu naar bila xishood ah, you know. :P:)

abti, it's not my fault you're a laan-gaab ehlu naar and the books were ridiculously expensive. so much for the HIBF being successful, ma istidhi? these books ought to have been subsided and made available for the people to purchase. when i establish my library, the people will pay only $15 for registration fees and a further $5 for administration related costs and......... they'll access the library - even borrowing for a month but they'll be penalised for late returns :). not to mention freely accessing (subject to circumstances) the services at Xikmad Maal Public Library and Community Resource Centre without the stiff-upper lipnimo and the disgusting elitism that the HIBF oozes. :mad::P;)

nuune   

^^ How do I know you didn't steal them, you do actually know that receipts can be photoshopped online, so I don't buy what you are saying there or screenshots.

ee sida ula soco ibriiqyahow

Ibtisam   

Tonight is the closing event at Ambassador 7pm;

I'll be on the panel with some Ministers and doctors discussing Sexual Violence in Somaliland: Causes, Consequences & Solutions.

There will also be a fabulous play that was being rehearsed for the last three weeks by local actors and play writer Abdirahman Cartan about corruption and the ugly side of clan, politics and how this facilitates criminals getting away with crimes! looking forward to it all!

Alpha only Hadraawii hardback translated poetry is $50 and there are none hardback copies for $10. All other books at HIBF are $10 or less as you well know. Stop catching breezy inaar! and you only spent $220, stop with all the noise $2000 ku laha!

Interesting people living with "white yad yad ya" can actually have the audacity to say anything here! baccccca the lot of you. :D

Nuune :)

Tallaabo   

nuune;974313 wrote:
^^ How do I know you didn't steal them, you do actually know that receipts can be photoshopped online, so I don't buy what you are saying there or screenshots.

He borrowed the books for ten minutes, spread them on a carpet, and put a note on it ee sidaa ula soco:p

Somaliland’s book fair by Economist

A haven of jollity and calm

Aug 21st 2013, 17:34 by J.F. | HARGEISA

20130824_MAP504_0.jpg

THE still unrecognised republic of Somaliland has been parading its de facto independence from its battered bigger brother, Somalia, with an international book fair in its self-styled capital, Hargeisa. Along with the reopening of a revamped international airport, the fair was intended to show the world that Somaliland is open for business, especially with the West.

At the jamboree, the literary talents of Somaliland were on display. Though Nadifa Mohamed, a novelist listed among Granta’s “Best of Young British Novelists for 2013”, was not there this year, her latest work, “The Orchard of Lost Souls”, recently published in London, was much mentioned. A largely British foreign line-up included Michela Wrong, author of books on Congo, Eritrea and Kenya; Mary Harper, author of “Getting Somalia Wrong”; a Scots poet and translator, W.N. Herbert; a Nigerian, Chuma Nwokolo; and a Kenyan poet, Phyllis Muthoni. Cheers and ululations in a packed auditorium greeted Hadraawi, Somaliland’s national poet.

The fair, now in its sixth year, is the brainchild of two diaspora Somalilanders, Jama Musse Jama, a businessman based in Italy, and Ayan Mahamoud, who lives in London, where she has run an annual Somali Week festival for several years. Prominent among the sponsors of the Hargeisa event were a number of “frontier” private-equity funds interested in oil and mineral rights. One of its unstated aims was to persuade Westerners that Somaliland is safe and stable. Compared with Somalia, whose capital, Mogadishu, is still periodically clobbered by suicide-bombers, dusty, bustling Hargeisa seems a haven of jollity and calm.

*Ibtisam;974325 wrote:
Tonight is the closing event at Ambassador 7pm;

I'll be on the panel with some Ministers and doctors discussing
Sexual Violence in Somaliland: Causes, Consequences & Solutions

i see your attention seeking antics have reached new heights. can you please explain sexual violence, adigoo mudane.

*Ibtisam;974325 wrote:

Alpha only Hadraawii hardback translated poetry is $50 and there are none hardback copies for $10. All other books at HIBF are $10 or less as you well know. Stop catching breezy inaar! and you only spent $220, stop with all the noise $2000 ku laha!

Interesting people living with "white yad yad ya" can actually have the audacity to say anything here! baccccca the lot of you.
:D

Nuune
:)

walahi many of the books were quoted as $50 to me. whether this had something to do with my slight out of town ciyaal qurbo looks or whether they were actually $50 i cannot confirm. but they were $50.

LOOOOOOOOL@$220. please go back to east london and check your eyes for cataracts. i didnt say $2000 either. i spent less than $200.

nuune;974313 wrote:

abti,

i stole a few hearts, too, inaar. they were so many good looking qurbo chicks hanging around the HIBF. it's a shame i didn't attend much earlier. i actually found an excellent baraf-jibis/ice-breakers moments with these chicks, ma garatay? i managed to get a few numbers. one of them, i'm sure quite, I'll link soon. i've already text her but she didn't reply back. anyway, she was all over me, ma garatay? she insisted that i take her number, so why didn't she text back. sida waa laga ficanyahay, you know.

HIBF were looking for some missing books this morning ... one of the security cameras caught a not-so-clear image of someone stealing some books but it is hard to identify if it is Alpha or someone else. I looked at the photos and i recognized his height & hair but to further clear about it we asked some experts to install new computer program that can clarify the photos.

At least 2 people said they lost their receipts after they purchased so many books. One of them said the receipt was stolen while trying to have coffee in front of the book-hall ...

Someone said he saw a person (a male) putting some books on the ground and taking pictures but was not sure where he headed after that.

Police, CID and Intelligence were all informed ............

Alpha, you better run .... it is a friendly advise :D

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;974402 wrote:
you're pathetic.

Inaar I told you before that the only way you will make me believe this mashruuc of yours is a grand opening ceremony features Somaliland's great and good like Hadraawi, ministers, sultans, garaads, mayors, governors, community leaders, business leaders, and singers. Moreover, there should be clear video footages of you speaking on HCTv and SLTv thanking the public and the government for their support:o

Jacaylbaro;974422 wrote:
HIBF were looking for some missing books this morning ... one of the security cameras caught a not-so-clear image of someone stealing some books but it is hard to identify if it is Alpha or someone else. I looked at the photos and i recognized his height & hair but to further clear about it we asked some experts to install new computer program that can clarify the photos.

At least 2 people said they lost their receipts after they purchased so many books. One of them said the receipt was stolen while trying to have coffee in front of the book-hall ...

Someone said he saw a person (a male) putting some books on the ground and taking pictures but was not sure where he headed after that.

Police, CID and Intelligence were all informed ............

Alpha, you better run .... it is a friendly advise
:D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@JB

ok. i confess.

but you're doing is purely inflammatory and unnecessary, ruunti. you're accusing me of theft. walahi i didnt steal these books, abti. i bought them, ma garatay? why are you saying these terrible things? this may have serious problems for our medium to long term cordial relations.