Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Puntlanders of SOL

Though am not a PL'er myself, i support Faroole, an effective opposition to the thuggish and incompetent entity in xamar intent on resurrecting the 91 era clan hatreds and scuttling the federal system is highly needed at this crucial time. Gaas is too quiet.

^

That is a very good quality that Faroole has. It is always laudable inuu ninku cadkiisa goosan karo oo aan lagu saqajaami karin, but at the same time that shouldn't be the end all and be all of Faroole's presidency. Puntland needs economic development. The youth need jobs, the sick need good hospitals, the children need good schools. A broad road network must be built for the movement of goods,services and people efficiently. Aqua ducts and reservoirs must be constructed to promote agriculture.

There is so much that Puntland needs to accomplish and just being anti-Culosow will not cut it anymore.

Tillamook;972654 wrote:
^

Well well well... if it isn't the escapee from the psychiatric hospital.

How you doing, Garoodi? Have they finally let you out of the heavy meds ward to celebrate Eid? Good for you saaxiib:D

Saaxiib, it is really a tough call because I like the leadership abilities of both Faroole and Gaas, and they both bring to the table the proven track records of being staunch supporters of federalism, which I believe is the only way to bring Somalia together and move it forward.

So like I mentioned before, I'll be happy if either one wins.
:D

waan gartey!

Tillamook;972709 wrote:
^

That is a very good quality that Faroole has. It is always laudable
inuu ninku cadkiisa goosan karo oo aan lagu saqajaami karin
, but at the same time that shouldn't be the end all and be all of Faroole's presidency. Puntland needs economic development. The youth need jobs, the sick need good hospitals, the children need good schools. A broad road network must be built for the movement of goods,services and people efficiently. Aqua ducts and reservoirs must be constructed to promote agriculture.

There is so much that Puntland needs to accomplish and just being anti-Culosow will not cut it anymore

I agree, but regards development, where will they get the money to build schools, hospitals, roads, etc ?? even if they confiscate all the monies from the shacab, it won't be enough. the model your advocating is statism, its outdated and doesn't work. hospitals, schools should be left to the private sector. for the roads, a highway authority that collects tolls should be priority. but the most important role of any administration is to create the conducive environment for businesses to flourish, when that happens people prosper and the state as well, a rising tide lifts all boats as they say.

i should create a state of my own, i would have passed this dawlad ku sheegs in no time.

Bothe Candidates are Gr8 Men, I could vote any one of them, but Farolle is being for a while now and ppl are getting tired of him being strongheaded and don't want share power, I blv it is time for him to step down and let the new generation take over the Helm. He will be respected and will always be a great voice to be reckon. But if he continues this path they I believe he will loose his stature. IN the other hand Mr.Wali is a fresh face, he is capable and let's give him a chance, I am only worry about his he is a slow mover, sometimes that is not what a great leader has to show. but let's give him a chance and I blv he will be a winner, I will be in Gardho come January inshallah. Stay Tuned Folks

Hobbesian_Brute;972721 wrote:
I agree, but regards development, where will they get the money to build schools, hospitals, roads, etc ?? even if they confiscate all the monies from the shacab, it won't be enough. the model your advocating is
statism
, its outdated and doesn't work. hospitals, schools should be left to the private sector. for the roads, a highway authority that collects tolls should be priority. but the most important role of any administration is to create the conducive environment for businesses to flourish, when that happens people prosper and the state as well, a rising tide lifts all boats as they say.

i should create a state of my own, i would have passed this dawlad ku sheegs in no time.

sxb, I agree, all those infrastructure developments should be left for private enterprises,but the government needs to jump start the economy. As we speak, the government does little to promote commerce and trade, which in turn limits the taxes it could collect.

Puntland has so much untapped potential which the current leadership is letting to go to waste.

And one other thing...one person alone cannot fix Puntland. Which is why the government should be democratized so that the smallest tuulo has it own local mayor. Thankfully today we've a federal government for the whole Somalia, and we also have the government at the State level. What we now need to concentrate on getting government down to the provincial and municipal level.

Just as we Puntlanders are not to keen on having Mogadishu appointing officials to govern us, we should not allow Garowe to appoint provincial governors and city mayors.

What trade & commerce is there for the PL admin to promote ?? apart from exporting malnourished livestock, which is the main culprit in desertification of the land and perhaps rudimentary fishing in coastal areas, that is it. I agree one person can't do anything, the problem here is cultural, Somalis are lazy people and don't work esp with their hands, but always look for easy money schemes without sweating and waiting. you will never see Somali apply himself diligently to any task. lack of education compounds their woes, even so called univ graduates are useless with no real, tangible or trans-formative knowledge to contribute to their societies. ours is still a pre-modern nomadic herder society, so the prospects are very dim.

As a resource poor land, ( i doubt there is oil in Somalia, in recoverable quantities, despite the heady optimism of some ), we should develop human capital, reduce fertility rates and learn from the likes of singapore & israel or even rwanda on how to achieve development with little resources.

^

And yes again, but it's that government that should organize the society to be like Singapore. Lee Kwan Yew was a great visionary who willed his nation into becoming the modern economy and country that it is. We must get the right leaders into office and if they don't deliever we should kick them out, until we get the right persons into government.

P.S

Without the export of livestock we would have been doomed, for the livestock trade is the only reason we've survived all these amidst or the turmoil and conflict.