Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Former PM Abdiwali Gaas to stand for PL presidency.

Farole will definitely get the golden 17MPs of Sool, they took him to presidency in 2009 and VP Shire will do some arm twists, also Heylaan and Sanaag MPs will be greatly influenced by the interior minister Ilkajiir. Farole has the cash but I believe Gaas also will bring some serious money donated to him by the Mudug business folks in southern African. It will be a clash of egos, also don't rule out Omar A.Rashid as reer Qardho don't want to miss the fight.

Carafaat   

MoonLight1;972374 wrote:
Farole will definitely get the golden
MPs of Sool, they took him to presidency in 2009 and VP Shire will do some arm twists,
also Heylaan and Sanaag MPs will be greatly influenced by the interior minister Ilkajiir. Farole has the cash but I believe Gaas also will bring some serious money donated to him by the Mudug business folks in southern African. It will be a clash of egos, also don't rule out Omar A.Rashid as reer Qardho don't want to miss the fight.

Time for reform, me thinks. the system is hardly sustainable if the outcome is determined by regions which hardly controlled by Faroole and whose population is the most dissatisfied with him.

Samafal   

Moonlight I don't think it's that clear cut. Reer Sool are different sub-clans with differing political interests, so some sub-clans might side with Faroole and some who ever they think will land them a ministerial role and hence influence in the region. That's why you see some entire sub-clans defecting to Somaliland while others change sides between Khatumo and Puntland. Also, Khatumo has not fully gone. Many believe they could negotiate with some one other than Faroole whom they have fallen out with and that's where Dr Gaas has advantage. I believe he could convince them to come back to the fold, provided their grievances are properly addressed.

Haatu   

MoonLight1;972342 wrote:
xaajiga seedigii buu la rabaa bahasha ee wax fahan.
;)

I'm with the Xaaji on this :D

Haatu;972506 wrote:
I'm with the Xaaji on this
:D

Gaas is from Galkacyo. Reerkisa daaweyeey 40 ilma adeerada ah. Why baad uu tageersantahay Faroole oo Reer Garoowe ah?

Carafaat   

Puntland has come a long way since its foundation in 1998 and the clan wars and civil unrest of those times. Those times are behind us, But the the structures of the State have remained the same and need to be transformed to governing systems of these times. Therefor the State needs new leadership that transforms the state to become more governable, so that it can even be a better example for the rest of Somalia. After all Puntland is the true example and role model for the governing of other States and the cradle of federalism.

as much as i would like to see Abdiweli get up, Faroole will be extremely difficult to unseat as the incumbent

he has more tricks than a magician and will not give up without a fight...and fight dirty he will ;)

i believe that will be the difference...Faroole will do WHATEVER it takes

I've always had respect for Abdi Weli Gaas, even when he was a Prime Minister. During the last election, I was rooting for Sharif Sheikh Ahmed or Gaas as the next president. I was lil disappointed when neither men had won.

The irony in all of this is, Gaas has spend most of his time here in the U.S before starting his political career in Somalia. While Sheikh Sharif has spend most of his political career in Somalia, and is now in the U.S. It's like they switched roles.

I wish all the luck for Abdi Weli Gaas in his new endeavor in Somalia. And i would love to see Sheikh Sharif get back in politics again....just for good old times sake. :)

Waa bilaa towfiiq.

It is a good news , at least Faroole has someone to beat , politically speaking :D

Qardho was a disappointment . And oh that Cadde fiasco, the old man disrobed himself. It was unexpected from Hersi's son.