Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Puntland tribe in Oman

Yes, we're not allowed to mention names but you get the message. :P

Apparently they're from the north of Puntland and emigrated a hundred years or so to Oman, Salalah in the Dhofar area (yes I know Dhofaar lol).

They stayed there, and some of them mixed with the other tribes such as Mehri.

Majority speak Arabic with only a few still able to speak Somali.

531132_437231379667151_2114284113_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ykvuYhry34

Really cool, apparently according to Arabic Facebook page there are annually visits from their Somali counter parts with the relatives of Siad barre visiting them last year.

Safferz   

A hundred years is not that long, we have Somali communities that old and older in the Middle East, as well as in Europe (UK) and the US. My ayeyo is a second generation Yemeni Somali, and she's about 80.

Safferz   

Mad_Mullah;957734 wrote:
Not Somalis, just from the Northern Tribes a lot of families left and settled in Salalah. Dhofar and Oman were fighting before becoming one country I think, and they just stayed and received Omani passports.

You can find more and actual people from there here:

Looks like SOL censors messed up the link, can you space out the letters that appeared in asterisks? I don't think Oman is some sort of exception to these other historical Somali migrations, so I'm doubtful that "hundreds" of families moved there at the turn of the century. Aden certainly would have had more Somalis during those years.

Dhofar was always different from Oman. Oman was mostly of Arabian descent and follow Ibadhi sect of Islam while the DHofarian speak many different languages (even though those disappeared) and are all Sunnis.

D.O.C   

Congratulations puntland , you found your lost cousins:D:D:D, but what about those in srilanka looooooool?

Somalia   

D.O.C;957762 wrote:
Congratulations puntland , you found your lost cousins:D:D:D, but what about those in srilanka looooooool?

Does a secessionist even have to hate on a silly thread like this? Cajiib!! :eek:

Somalia   

Clearly it was hating, I don't know why you defending this secessionist boy, he has a lot of hatred in him, like the average secessionist of course, but does not accurately analyse the situation like you would do some instances, I can give you credit for that even though you are a secessionist fellow as well.

I am very sure there are no pirates in Sri Lanka, except if you would qualify former Tamil Tigers as pirates, I am sure they hijacked some ships.