Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Puntland tribe in Oman

Saalax   

Xaasid? What is there to be xaasiid about. My own grandfather lived in United Kingdom in the early 20th century far away from home, it is just so ridiculous to see some people living in Oman around the corner having "identity crisis".

How is it an identity crisis when they have their tribe as their last name?

UK is a a different story, you have a black Muslim man settling in an cadaan area. Here its a Muslim area with many different ethnic groups like the Mahris etc. They started speaking Arabic and lost Somali.

Worst is this is coming from people that call themselves ethnic Somalilanders. The queens orphans.

Carafaat   

I have met many Somalis with Arab citizenship's(mostly in Qatar, UAE). Everytime I asked them if they are Somali, they were insulted. Showing me their ID cards to prove they are absolutely not Somali. Only to tell me later their (grand)parentswere Somali. :D

Saalax   

Why do they claim not to be Somali then? Remember Somali is a ethnicity. So if they are not Somalis, do they think they are Omani Ethnic groups? That is what I mean by an identity crisis. Regardless whether they speak Arabic or not.The Somalilanders in Kenya and Tanzania speak Swahili and Somali, and they are still connected with their Somaliland roots. One example Abdul Mohamed the new mayor of a district in London, his grandparents grew up there and his parents were born there so was he.

wrote:

Southwark announces its new mayor

1nlJLG4.jpg

Published 23 May 2013

Cllr Abdul Mohamed was announced as the new Mayor of Southwark at Council Assembly last night. Cllr Mohamed was Deputy Mayor last year, and replaces outgoing Mayor Cllr Althea Smith.

Cllr Mohamed was born in Kenya's rift valley to Somaliland parents
. His grandfather had immigrated to Kenya as a soldier with the King's African Rifles camel corp.

NGONGE   

^^ But if they claim not to be of Somali origin, we would have not heard about them ninyaho. Wax fahan. :D

Saalax   

It was clearly stated they don't claim to be Somalis but Omanis when asked, but some of them carry their clan names. That is different. Besides how come we never hear about them as in "Somali or even Puntland community" in Oman in the news or info about them in the minority ethnic groups category in Oman? That shows they are a hapless people with an identity crisis hiding away thinking they are Omanis Lol..

Somali people have traveled the world over. Back in 2004, I met a group middle aged men and youth from New Caledonia, a small island state located near Australia. They were travelling as part of a Islamic Jawlah and were spending a month visiting Melbourne's Fawkner mosque which is where I met them. I spoke with one of them and to my complete and utter shock the man told me that he was from New Caledonia and he is originally from Somali background. He told me there is a small community of about 2000 people who trace their roots back to East Africa. He was not able to speak any Somali word at all other than remembering his tribe's name which was funny and amusing at the same time.

On another story, I was listening to the BBC few years ago about Somali community in India's Hyderabad city. Apparently the Somali community in Hyderabad are highly respected and have high social status as part of the Royal family in that region of India.

Yemen? This is just clan propoganda spread by the HAG in South saying we descending from slaves (Akhdam) in Yemen.

Our lineage is noble just as any other tribe in Somalia. But some people fear that they will be made to feel inferior so they create stories about other tribes like with the Midg@n.

Problem is most documents were in Arabic and are not available in English. If you do know Arabic this is the official forum for the Aqeeli tribes. So everyone that descended from Aqeel, you have KSA, Yemen and Oman, and oops guess what. D-Block has it's own section.

http://alaqeeliuon.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Or are the Arabs also lying?

Even the Somaliland tribe originated from a larger tribe that still has subtribes all over the Arabian Peninsula. This is their official forum with Landers also present.

http://www.alas7ag.com/vb/

Somalis are ready to fight and die over tribe but they don't even know where they're from. It's sad.

from what I read & believe Somalis didn't come from Arabs,actually only 3% arab DNA. Amharas,tigrayneyans have much more,ova 50% as proved by DNA.So my point was not meant as insult as I don't believe none of us are arab descendants but rather paralleling with jebertis who are black in yemen & treated 3rd class citizens.

Saalax   

A mere forum properly created by ciyaal casiir does not determine what Somalilanders are or other Somalis.

burahadeer;958335 wrote:
from what I read & believe Somalis didn't come from Arabs,actually only 3% arab DNA. Amharas,tigrayneyans have much more,ova 50% as proved by DNA.So my point was not meant as insult as I don't believe none of us are arab descendants but rather paralleling with jebertis who are black in yemen & treated 3rd class citizens.

Again you have it wrong the ones that get treated bad are the Akhdam and it's not because they're black. But it's because their nasab la'aan. Some say they were slaves, others say they belonged to the Habashi army when they control Yemen. Even Somalis in Yemen get treated better than them.

And it's not the skin colour as there are many black people in Hadramaut for example, difference is the Akhdam look more African, if that makes sense. THe one on the right is a black yemeni but not from the Akhdam group.

1351597586.jpeg

mqdefault.jpg

NGONGE   
قلتليه هبيلي قلاس مي, قالتلي اصبر يا خادم, عاده باقيلي اني افرّش القعاده واصّبن التياب انا افدالك...