Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Hasan Sheick the first civilized Somali President since Abdirashiid Ali Sharmarke

Carafaat   

Somalias%20new%20president%20Hassan%20Sh

Hassan Sheikh Mohamud was elected less then a year ago, on the 10th of september 2012, as the President of Somalia. Becoming the first civilized leader who has become the President of Somalia, since Abdirashiid Ali Sharmarke(AUN).

What makes Hassan Sheick a civilized leader?

• Contrary to some of his predecessors Hasan Sheick did not come to power through the gun.
  • Contrary to many other leaders he was not a member nor did he lead one of the many clan militia or religious fundamentalist factions that destabilized the country for nearly 30 years.
  • So far Hassan Sheick has not insulted, called names, threatened, killed, bombed, waged war or mass murdered any Somali clan. Nor has he been accused by anyone of these crimes.
  • So far Hasan Sheick did not imprison, kill or wage a war against any of his political opponents.
  • He did not insult, dismiss or engage in a disagreement with his Prime-Minister in public nor through the media.
  • He was not brought to power by Somalia's arch enemies Kenya and Ethiopia, nor did he conspire with these countries before he was elected against the Somali nation.

His opponents criticized him from day one, calling for his impeachment without backing up their accusations with concrete facts or arguments for wrong doings. The same opponents who see Hasan Sheick as a failed leader and the biggest obstacle to peace and call for his impeachment, http://www.wardheernews.com/somalia-a-crisis-of-command/ have other exemplary leadership role models with the right kind of civilized principles and philosophies http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_12/March/Muktar/23_Colonel_Ahmed_Waiting_for_Historys_Rehabilitation.html.

Somalis are clannish people and its quite typical for clannish folks to favor one (despite any faults) and oppose another(irrespective of any fault). And clearly President Hasan Sheicks only fault here seems to be that he belongs to a clan, something we are all guilty of.

Haatu   

He's not bad. Just some of his decisions are questionable and some issues could have been handled better. Nonetheless, he still has my support whether or not he agrees with J/land or not.

What makes Hassan Sheick a civilized leader?

Contrary to some of his predecessors Hasan Sheick did not come to power through the gun.

Contrary to many other leaders he was not a member nor did he lead one of the many clan militia or religious fundamentalist factions that destabilized the country for nearly 30 years.

So far Hassan Sheick has not insulted, called names, threatened, killed, bombed, waged war or mass murdered any Somali clan. Nor has he been accused by anyone of these crimes.

So far Hasan Sheick did not imprison, kill or wage a war against any of his political opponents.

He did not insult, dismiss or engage in a disagreement with his Prime-Minister in public nor through the media.

He was not brought to power by Somalia's arch enemies Kenya and Ethiopia, nor did he conspire with these countries before he was elected against the Somali nation.

very true indeed

the other day i was critical about him being soft and activist, Hassan is taking things different direction far from the violence and gun play .President Hassan has his goals set and he wants to achieve them peacefully.

Haatu   

^I leave leadership to the leaders and follow wherever I am led, whether to prosperity or doom.

Johnny B   

It all depends on who you ask, hence a mundane assumption.

I think Rayaale was the most civiliced Somali olitician.

I say so good so far, he is sure is better what we have seen the past 22 years , including Sh dalxiis he seems like a President with a plan and a vision ofcourse there are shortcomings but the man has been office only less than a year. I think he will make Somalia proud at the end of this reign.

Puntland & Jubaland wana keep the people hostage till they get what they want,the highest office in the land & what comes with it, then start a war with Somaliland,recruiting everyone else as soldier just like Siyaad Barre while they thmslvs reap the benefits of the international donors.

Then history will repeat itself....they be defeated & the Somali race will suffer a catastrophe unlike we have eva seen before.

Quite amazing at the persistence of wrong doing! what a trait!!

Yup...heya is the formula they working on:

(m+j) +(o+x)-(i-h)=D

However though, buufow is not mature nuff to be a leader, he needs to quit!! May be get into buz n come back when he aint got his ole masters back, i.e, Ali shyte-head.

Somalia   

rudy-Diiriye;957603 wrote:
Yup...heya is the formula they working on:

(m+j) +(o+x)-(i-h)=D

However though, buufow is not mature nuff to be a leader, he needs to quit!! May be get into buz n come back when he aint got his ole masters back, i.e, Ali shyte-head.

:D

Abtigiis   

Clannish or no clannish, President Hassan's approach with regard to center-periphery politics is wrong. Cheer him up, glamourize him in order to find fitting names for his detractors, but you will soon find out if his top-down approach works or not. Cadiifada iyo guul wadeeynta inaga yareeya.

Since when has opposing the political positions of a leader become the same as hating him?

By the way, I personally think he is doing many other things right.

p.s. there are some Mogadishu elites who say Hassan was a member of USC. Believe it or not. Ali Mahdi ayuu qaybta saadka u qaabilsanaa, dad yidhi oo looga qaateen ahna waa jiraan. Markaa waxaad hubin ha iska qorin.

nuune   

^^ AT&T, those who are not supporting Hassan are the one's who initially supported him and cheered for him because everyone had a faith with him since he was coming from the society itself and was not involved with any politics, and that he was the man for the job, fit for purpose, even the Ali Mahdi thing you mentioned is not true maybe it could be to damage him even more, laakin waxaas oo dhan ee laga aaminsanaa wey dhiiqoobeen oyna sii dhicisoobeyn, qola kasta sabab ayey wax ka dhiganaysaa why, the majority says that Dastuurkii ayuu ka dhilleestay..

nuune;957695 wrote:
^^ AT&T, those who are not supporting Hassan are the one's who initially supported him and cheered for him because everyone had a faith with him since he was coming from the society itself and was not involved with any politics, and that he was the man for the job, fit for purpose, even the Ali Mahdi thing you mentioned is not true maybe it could be to damage him even more, laakin waxaas oo dhan ee laga aaminsanaa wey dhiiqoobeen oyna sii dhicisoobeyn, qola kasta sabab ayey wax ka dhiganaysaa why,
the majority
says that Dastuurkii ayuu ka dhilleestay..

Two subclans are considered as the majority??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRer3EHRysEIpJsHmHl1JK

nuune   

^^ Hadalkeyga ha qalloocin, I never mentioned clans or subclans, please refrain from inaad twist gareyso waxa aan qorey, majority hadaad qabiil moodeyso Ilaahay ha ku caafiyo, inaar