Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Professor Samatar: i am a Somalilander and i am proud of Somalilands achievements.

Mario B   

Can someone tell the good professor, that the rest of Somalis are proud of peace and stability in Somaliland/North Somalia, but we just don't buy into secessionism? His duty now should be helping to spread peace to the trouble some areas of Somalia.He should also not be dispirited by ignorant elders [ whichever corner of the Republic they reside in] who know nothing except clan patronage.

I'm no fad of samater, but he's keen to see khatumites' drums of war when they have nothing to show for so far.

He sees what khatumites,puntlanders,olf, etc, are doing in the Jubas...only self interest..aan kugu guuro!!!!

that's the change of heart:D

Ofcourse he does but his tone has changed if you have followed him the past few years ,wixi la isku odhan jiray jamhuuriyadi Somalia.

The former republic was created by Somalia and Somaliland union something many pseudo nationalists deny. By the way this was hadhwanaagnews interview few weeks ago. Not his recent statement.

What a looser ,,,, Isn't that what we have been telling him for the past 22 years ?? ...... Ohh ,, there is always a dumb student in the class.

The only reason he was against Somaliland was because President Cigaal did not employ him when he came to Hargeisa in 1993/94 ... and now he was not hired by President Hassan, he wants to come back ?? ..... Don't tell me he will join ONLF if he looses both sides :D

Blessed   

Tuur, Sifir, Xaglatoosiye - and errm the 'Ha noolaato' dude ba waata qacmo furan loo soo dhaweeyee, why are people so worked up against Samatar?

Saalax   

Tuur? He was not even involved in Somaliland politics after his presidency ended. Don't mistake the home coming

of 2003 as rejoining politics, he was just retiring in his own land.

NGONGE   

This guy must be the most famous Somali for practically no reason whatsoever. I understand why Xiglatoosiye putting down arms and joining Somaliland would be wrothy news. I understand why Fowziya, dumping Somaliland and choosing to become the Somali FM is interesting news. But, a professor in America hinting at a change of preference is neither here nor there.

He might have been a scalp for Somalia (along the lines of another northerner joining the union) but, for Somaliland, he's just another Dr/Professor/Eng...nothing to see here really. :D

Saalax   

Well he is a hero, for he is the SNM chairman under his reign that Somaliland was finally liberated. The good

things he did for Somaliland outweighs the few mistakes.

Taleexi   

Prof. Samatar wuu wareeray - balse waa nin daacad ah oo sida uu wax u arko u sheega aniga ka fikir ahaantayda.