Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

The real Reer Kismaayo

You see, there is no faradheer in this clip, no lamagoodle. No Reer Waandaadshe. True, native Reer Kismaayo ka muuqdo oo malaaygooda xalaasha ah dabanaayo.

The only faradheer cajalka ka muuqdo waa kan dowladda Kacaanka soo dirtay oo barabagaandha meesha ku haayo.

Dadkii shalay Kismaayo marti ku ahaa ayaa maanta ugu quuq badan. Eesh caleeg.

Mooge   

i see two of my uncles in the video loooooool.

keyd media blew this one. how narrowminded do people have to be to believe a video about fishermen government is helping in kismayo represents the total population of a major city. looooooooooooooooooooool. ninyoow tani wa sheko cusub. lol.

Carafaat   

Some say the demographics of the city/region has changed. But I think its more likely that the folks with the arms established military and thus political dominance. I think the same has happened in Moqadishu to certain extend.

The Zack   

"Faradheer" were there 300 years ago. "Faradheer" took Kismayu from the its original natives, Gala, Wardeey and Borana, some centuries ago. Markaa fiidiyow la duubay 70kii doesn't prove anything. Midda kale dee dad qaar kalluun dubidda dhaqan uma aha as Apophis said.

The Zack   

Xaaji Xunjuf;948770 wrote:
The zack horta are wardaay Somali or not?

Nope, however, some have been Somalized. You can find those anywhere in Jubbada Hoose.

This is not even Kismayo but Mogadishu, if you watch the video clearly at the end the man even says 'Iskaashadata Kalluunka Xamar haguulaysato'...

This is a complete lie from Kaydmedia again. Giving a youtube title of 'Kismayo in 1978' does not really make it in Kismayo 1978.

Kaydmedia waa layaqaanaa what they do best, to aggregate and cut here and there from old clips to fit their own wicked purpose and this short 4 minute clip that's cut from a long Italian documentary which is given that title is no different.

Baashi   

MMA awoowe the clip you posted is about fishing co-op in Mogadishu (in 80s). It has nothing to do with Kismayo. You know about this because you have seen it and commented on it a month ago when it was posted here in SOL.

Why go such length to knowingly distort an issue of a great importance and propagate a white lie? Why become an accessory to clan activist media outlet that has made their mission to revisit and rewrite historical events in order to push their agenda?

What's in it for you brother? Subxana Allah.

Here is the SOL video clip posted in late March.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/70399-Muqdisho-1980?highlight=1980

Watch the primary source before Keydmedia tampered with original documentary. I remembered it because when it was posted here on SOL I sent the link to someone.

Please delete it or correct it.