Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Somali lady becomes Christian after dispute with husband

Wadani;943738 wrote:
i have enough faith in ur integrity to presume that u wouldnt spread such a pernicious rumour. So at this point i'm no longer challenging u as much as I'm just curious of how or from whom u came to know of this.

Saxib, is a gross lie, she has an Arap relative in Calgary, go ask about them. Go ask our Jac on this board for confirmation.

STOIC   

I have met a very close blood relative of Edna who lives in London.He is a very good Muslim guy .I have heard someone In there family was Christian at some point, but this is all waxaalayiri.It I would be wrong to say Edna is/was a Christian if we don't have the proof.The rumors are there and I think it's safe to say they are just rumors. I couldn't bring up the topic with nice gentleman..

Johnny B   

^^^ In the affliction of Islamic Faith, the rabble need to suppose any Somali opting for another Faith does it for money and is probably from the wrong clan, namely other Faiths (specially Christianity)are so baseless and vacuous thier adherents has to bribe others to bring them to fold.

In another words no sane person of Somali ethnicity can or will think of his/her own and conclude the Islamic prophet could be wrong, hence "Somali Maxamed".

The good news is even Somalis of all clans are naturally endowed with the ability to think for themselves, unfortunately though it doesen't happen as often as it should, i am potimistic.

STOIC   

^I think most of the sensible Somalis agree that religion is a fundamental right that needs to be respected. It is only the ones who are limited in their ways by clan identity that are more interested in uncovering the clan of any chrisitan Somali.It is because of tolerance that today we are able to freely practice our beloved Islam freely here in the west free from fear of persecution . I think we all can extend that to any Somali that want to explore other religions.

^^I agree with you Stoic, she's free to practice any religion of her choice, more power to her. She's just fat, black and ugly as ^%$ though.

Maqane   

AfricaOwn;943805 wrote:
^^I agree with you Stoic, she's free to practice any religion of her choice, more power to her.
She's just fat, black and ugly as ^%$
though.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /

. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Safferz   

STOIC;943759 wrote:
I have met a very close blood relative of Edna who lives in London.He is a very good Muslim guy .I have heard someone In there family was Christian at some point, but this is all waxaalayiri.It I would be wrong to say Edna is/was a Christian if we don't have the proof.The rumors are there and I think it's safe to say they are just rumors. I couldn't bring up the topic with nice gentleman..

lol like I said, I am a Muslim with Somali Christian relatives, does the fact I'm Muslim mean they don't exist? I can't believe you guys think this is something up for debate. Clue -- is Edna a Somali name?

STOIC   

^^^Why you quoting me Xaajiyoow? I wasn't even questioning your veracity.I didn’t deny the possibility of that being the case after all there is rumor circulating. I just referenced the blood relative of hers that I met.All I said if someone doesn’t have the proof it will be wise to not brand some Christian. If you personally know her (or related to her) and you are familiar with her personal life then we can safely assume there is something to the rumours.. This is not up for debate after all it is a personal life.Names don’t mean anything

Johnny B   

Not that i disrespect anyone's faith but,the few Somali-Christians i met were more tolerant, personal about their faith and more respectful towards their Muslim countrymen than their Muslim counterparts.

Safferz   

STOIC;943825 wrote:
^^^Why you quoting me Xaajiyoow? I wasn't even questioning your veracity.I didn’t deny the possibility of that being the case after all there is rumor circulating. I just referenced the blood relative of hers that I met.All I said if someone doesn’t have the proof it will be wise to not brand some Christian. If you personally know her (or related to her) and you are familiar with her personal life then we can safely assume there is something to the rumours.. This is not up for debate after all it is a personal life.Names don’t mean anything

Why not? You called it a rumour, like several others in the thread, which is absurd. I'm just baffled by a common response I've seen on here when folks encounter information that's new to them and involves a rethinking of their essentialist and ahistorical notions of what Somalis are (or what Somalia is or was), the response is denial and erasure rather than realizing they don't know everything. I only entered this thread to respond to Mad_Mullah's original post about there being no Somali Christians except current asylum seekers and half-Italians, which is false... and ironic, considering the "Mad Mullah" himself started his campaign when he was angered by the numbers of Somali Christians he was seeing at the turn of the 20th century. That war is also directly responsible for the Christians in my family, Somalis who bore the brunt of the conflict when much of the fighting took place in their region and then fled to Yemen to escape the violence, right into the arms of the churches who took them in.

And names mean everything, particularly when they are Biblical ones like Edna.

STOIC   

Now you are making this a debate.You said her family were maybe Christians.I gave an example of her blood relative who is a good muslim(better than me)..I don't know why you taking on us Somalis for saying something is a rumor when we don't have the proof...Waaar ya Islam aaah

Safferz;943829 wrote:
Why not? You called it a rumour, like several others in the thread, which is absurd. I'm just baffled by a common response I've seen on here when folks encounter information that's new to them and involves a rethinking of their essentialist and ahistorical notions of what Somalis are (or what Somalia is or was), the response is denial and erasure rather than realizing they don't know everything. I only entered this thread to respond to Mad_Mullah's original post about there being no Somali Christians except current asylum seekers and half-Italians, which is false... and ironic, considering the "Mad Mullah" himself started his campaign when he was angered by the numbers of Somali Christians he was seeing at the turn of the 20th century. That war is also directly responsible for the Christians in my family, Somalis who bore the brunt of the conflict when much of the fighting took place in their region and then fled to Yemen to escape the violence, right into the arms of the churches who took them in.

And names mean everything, particularly when they are Biblical ones like

You doing a lot of unnecessary writing that`s totally beside the point . Stoic is telling you, if you do not have prove to say that Edna family is Christian, avoid making such nasty claims.

And besides, there are plenty of Muslim girls with the name Edna, its a popular with the Bosnian Muslims, leave the name alone, christian name or not, is beside the point.

Safferz   

STOIC;943834 wrote:
Now you are making this a debate.
You said her family were maybe Christians.I gave an example of her blood relative who is a good muslim
(better than me)..I don't know why you taking on us Somalis for saying something is a rumor when we don't have the proof...Waaar ya Islam aaah

When I say "family," I'm referring to the immediate, nuclear family, not every Somali extended relative she has.