Sign in to follow this  
Maqane

Anti - Qabiil | Thread

Rahima   

QansaxMeygaag;942391 wrote:
Sister Rahima Qabiil is a neutral term just like age and sex; ageism (hating old people) and sexism (hating people of a certain sex) etc is something else; kalasaar arintu dee

Qabiiilism - favouring your own would be the bad thing. What's wrong with my being D-Hunter or !Selector or LongFoot or One-of-the-Sheikhs or Grave-Peeps? It is Allah who made me, just like the Prophet (SAW) was born a Quraish. It ONLY becomes a problem when it becomes a source of FALSE PRIDE (which is a grave sin in Islam); we are so and so, we are the best, we are noble blah blah...

Isn't that what i was getting at? Somalis are incapable of separating qabiil and qabiilism- hence my use of the word synonymous. And thank-you for defining ageism and sexism,lol.

As for the idealism vs realism argument- more often than not folks use it to justify their own qabiilism. All social ills are a reality and advocating for their eradication does not mean that one is being unrealistic- that is what any decent person should do. Making arguments for or even excusing qabiilism is only contributing to our further degradation- but i guess when you value your qabiil more than the collective interest of the Somali people that does not matter.

Safferz- feel special sister, the boys club is clearly intimidated by you, they've even brought out their pom poms :)

Safferz   

Rahima;942836 wrote:

Safferz- feel special sister, the boys club is clearly intimidated by you, they've even brought out their pom poms
:)

:D

Safferz;942431 wrote:
Are you suggesting the Cold War and its binary political thinking is over?
:P

More like hoping IR as a critical thought area had moved on from the thoughts of a few octogenarian men...and their new proteges like Madeline Albright and Condi Rice... I still can't believe the former actually said 500,000 Iraqi babies dying was worth it...

Apophis;942434 wrote:
each side has put on new shoes (in the form of attaching "neo") but the debates are still the same. In fact since post 9/11, realism has been utterly vindicated and Fukuyama shown to be a fool (he tried to weasel out of his "end of history" nonsense but it was too late).

Huntington was right and is right.

Are you sure you read Fukuyama right? I thought he was actually celebrating the "end of history" as the triumph of neo-liberal values (over all other values) as mankind's end state (at least in an aspirational way i.e. "anyone with sense would want these values"), I doubt he was suggesting that there will be no more conflict between those adopting these values with those against those values - i.e. the two issues, one as "the best way of life" and the other "continued conflict" are mutually exclusive? Huntington, in my eyes, is merely elaborating on the fault lines and the main combatants in the conflict part of the discourse...

Then again what do I know? Am only a Botanist, more comfortable with qansaxs and Commiphora molmol and extracting essential oils from resins...

Safferz   

QansaxMeygaag;942942 wrote:
More like hoping IR as a critical thought area had moved on from the thoughts of a few octogenarian men...and their new proteges like Madeline Albright and Condi Rice... I still can't believe the former actually said 500,000 Iraqi babies dying was worth it...

I was mocking Apophis with that comment, but you're right. IR as a field still has those same problems, and every IR major and grad student I've ever met has been a douchebag so I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Blessed   

QansaxMeygaag;942386 wrote:
You are in good company; my qabiil-mates always say "you keep feeling good about yourself with your nice little job and all, islawayn waaxid; tolka waad u baahan doontaa one of these fine days", it is like the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head kkkk.

Tan ugu jawaab:

"Uf qabiilka anaa leh,

Wuxuun baa ku adeegta,

Nin iskii kartidiisa,

Isagoon cid ku tiirsan,

Isku taagi kareynin,

Una haysta ateero,

Ayaantuu dambi geystana,

laga hoos galo eeda,

Ayid waad is xigtaaniyo,

Idinkaa isku reer iyo,

Aqligii lixdankii,

Maanta iib geli maayo,

Sidaan aaminsanahayna,

Abkuu doono ha sheegtee,

Wuxuunbaa ehel ii ah,

Dadka kaan af aqaano ee,

Si wax iila arkaaya ee,

Na midayso ujeedo."

The great Gaariye, AUN.

*Blessed;943001 wrote:
Tan ugu jawaab:

"Uf qabiilka anaa leh,

Wuxuun baa ku adeegta,

Nin iskii kartidiisa,

Isagoon cid ku tiirsan,

Isku taagi kareynin,

Una haysta ateero,

Ayaantuu dambi geystana,

laga hoos galo eeda,

Ayid waad is xigtaaniyo,

Idinkaa isku reer iyo,

Aqligii lixdankii,

Maanta iib geli maayo,

Sidaan aaminsanahayna,

Abkuu doono ha sheegtee,

Wuxuunbaa ehel ii ah,

Dadka kaan af aqaano ee,

Si wax iila arkaaya ee,

Na midayso ujeedo."

The great Gaariye, AUN.

Brilliant! Just the sort of artillery I need! Thanks!

Maqane   

*Blessed;943001 wrote:
Tan ugu jawaab:

"Uf qabiilka anaa leh,

Wuxuun baa ku adeegta,

Nin iskii kartidiisa,

Isagoon cid ku tiirsan,

Isku taagi kareynin,

Una haysta ateero,

Ayaantuu dambi geystana,

laga hoos galo eeda,

Ayid waad is xigtaaniyo,

Idinkaa isku reer iyo,

Aqligii lixdankii,

Maanta iib geli maayo,

Sidaan aaminsanahayna,

Abkuu doono ha sheegtee,

Wuxuunbaa ehel ii ah,

Dadka kaan af aqaano ee,

Si wax iila arkaaya ee,

Na midayso ujeedo.

The great Gaariye, AUN.

Aqligii lixdankii,

Maanta iib geli maayo. Great Poem indeed. AUN author-ka. :)