Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

IMF recognizes Somalia government

Chimera   

Parts of the system would be derelict, but it would still function in various parts of the country, much like the road-network. Then with stability the whole system would be operational again, and we could expand it.

Now we have to start from 0 km.

Chimera   

The Eritreans reconstructed their destroyed rail-network without outside toxic loans or expertise, only Eritrean hands and minds!

archbridge-vo-green.jpg

Chimera   

No different from prewar Somalis that were building the most deepsea ports, airports with the longest runways, a well connected road-network, etc. Our people only need peace and proper leadership to prosper.

Somalis in the sixties and seventies were different they were people who wanted to build a great foundation. The somalis today are nothing like them by the way eritreans are extreme nationalist and so is their dictator. Somalis are the least nationalist people in africa

Chimera;937751 wrote:
Parts of the system would be derelict, but it would still function in various parts of the country, much like the road-network. Then with stability the whole system would be operational again, and we could expand it.

Now we have to start from 0 km.

Lol you do realize this is Somalia right?

Somalia, the land where men actually took down telephone lines so they can steal the copper wires and sell the copper on the market.

If the railroad was constructed before 1990, it would be completely destroyed by today

Doctor you are right somalis wouldve destroyed that bridge the same way they destroyed beautiful xamar.brother chimera is a bit optimistic nothing wrong with that. But somalis can never be like eritreans

Chimera   

DoctorKenney;938146 wrote:
Lol you do realize this is Somalia right?

Somalia, the land where men
actually
took down telephone lines so they can steal the copper wires and sell the copper on the market.

The land where men took down telephone lines and in turn established one of Africa's most connected and affordable telecommunication systems, that Somalia?

If the railroad was constructed before 1990, it would be completely destroyed by today

Rubbish, it wouldn't be any different from the road-network or the panamax ports, in a bad shape yes, but still functioning. The days of self-deprecation and underestimation of the Somali Nation is over sxb, this is 2013, get on board we have a future to build.

^ Blissfully naive my son. Optimism is great, but do not let that distort your world view or be irrational.

Chimera;938229 wrote:
The land where men took down telephone lines and in turn established one of Africa's most connected and affordable telecommunication systems, that Somalia?.

Like come on this is the biggest straw man fallacy I have seen.

Chimera;938229 wrote:
Rubbish, it wouldn't be any different from the road-network or the panamax ports, in a bad shape yes, but still functioning. The days of self-deprecation and underestimation of the Somali Nation is over sxb, this is 2013, get on board we have a future to build.

Again, distorted logic

Chimera   

SomaliPhilosopher;938231 wrote:
^ Blissfully naive my son. Optimism is great, but do not let that distort your world view or be irrational.

I ain't your son, and there is nothing irrational about my view that Somalis are capable of operating a rail-network. This is not a space programme, get off your cloud of doom.

Like come on this is the biggest straw man fallacy I have seen.

The man referenced the destruction of an infrastructural network, I referenced the reconstruction of an even better network by the same people. No fallacy to be found here.

Be honest with yourself, you just wanted to use the "strawman fallacy" card once on SOL, despite not really knowing what it means, and when to actually use it.

Again, distorted logic

Ah, what the hell can I do with loud statements? Either explain your counter points, or just stay clear from debates.

Lol Chimera, if you only you knew.. I am very optimistic when it comes to Somalia.

But when someone makes the point that the telephones lines were stolen as a counter to your retrospective proposition that railroads should have been built and you argue back with Somalia has the "most connected and affordable telecommunication systems" is just.............

And actually this is the second time I used the straw man fallacy card on SOL... tonight...... ;)

Chimera   

SomaliPhilosopher;938236 wrote:
Lol Chimera, if you only you knew.. I am very optimistic when it comes to Somalia. But when someone makes the point that the telephones lines were stolen as a counter to your retrospective proposition that railroads should have been built and you argue back with Somalia has the "most connected and affordable telecommunication systems" is just plain......... no words

Then shame on you for not addressing DoctorKenney and his telephone lines analogy in reference to a rail-network. I only countered his logical fallacy. The fact that you believe my telecommunication comment was to justify a rail-network only reveals that you only read my comment and not the one I was replying to.

Instead I used the prewar established heavy infrastructural networks and landmarks such as the road-network and panamax ports to justify the existence of a rail-network, which is appropriate. The Somali telecommunication network is a serious achievement by any measurement or standards, considering the state of telecommunications in East Africa.

It's a perfect counter to anyone that wants to argue against the fact that Somalis can be a very organised and entrepreneurial people.

Looking back, I see DoctorKenney's analogy rooted in snideness deeming your response a tad bit more appropriate. nevertheless his comment does provide historical precedent making it a warranted claim that not much of the railroads would survive had it been built. I noticed your counter of "prewar established heavy infrastructural", but I don't find that to hold much weight given roads and ports are not a fair comparison to railroads. Railroads are better suited to be compared to the statues that were looted, and these "telephone lines" given railroads are made of steel, or a similar element, and can be easily disassembled and sold on the black market.

The point I'm addressing is not whether Somalia is the "land where men take down telephone lines" or the land with highly organized and entrepreneurial people that created Africa's most affordable telecom service.