Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Somali women and the reverts

Hello everyone!

I met this girl over here and things started very well,almost to good to be true, and we started dating for a while and it seemed at the time that the relationship was serious and i felt that she was really the one i have been looking for all these years so my next aim was to proceed this relationship further into marriage.

One day ,to be exactly two months ago i proposed to her and she said yes, so after few days i gathered the most respected men i knew in town inorder meet her family and ask for her hand, so i met the family and we discussed and thats when the obstacles hit me, her family told me if you want to marry the girl you have to pay twenty thousands of dollars for the wedding and that was a tough demand from my part since i am just newly graduated and also the fact that fifteen persons back home depend on me every month so due to those factors it was unrealistic to get that amount of money, i had half the money but the parents and the girl herself wheren't agreeing to less than twenty thousands, i left the family's house in sorrow and dissapointment and i was forced to accept it and just i put my faith in Allah for better days to come.

As it wasn't worse enough, less than a month since i went to the family, i heard the girl married an unemployed revert. So what i am wondering is, why is it so big demands on somali men but not reverts. I also wonder most women here in the west wants equality yet it's the responsibility of the man to pay for the whole wedding, isn't that hypocritical?

Wadani   

For some reason I get the feeling that ur story is made up. If it isn't then u dodged a bullet my friend, so take solace in that.

Wadani   

Iool, u got me wrong. I'm all for bashing the type of family u just described in your story, and i'm against marrying ajanabi's as a rule. It's just that there is a streak of simplistic predictability that runs through your story that rarely occurs in real life with all it's complexities. It's seems more like something u made up to ingite a heated debated on the topic.

So is it true or what?

How much did the REVERT paid for the girl horta? If he came up with the $20k that the family demanded and he married her, well i dont see antying wrong with it. Maybe you need to start saving more LACAG, so you can afford to marry ur DREAM Xaliimo. He probably paid the $20k so he can marry her and then probably become unemployed. That's what me thinks.

Sensei   

Good riddance brotherman, Allow ee taa jinn raacdo. But, no need to give up on hope, Yes We Can! This I will tell you that there are plenty of beautiful Somali sisters, oo wax kasta loo dhameeye, out there waiting for you.

Sensei;934505 wrote:
Good riddance brotherman, Allow ee taa jinn raacdo. But, no need to give up on hope, Yes We Can! This I will tell you that there are plenty of beautiful Somali sisters, oo wax kasta loo dhameeye, out there waiting for you.

+2. How is Fairfax sxb horta? Meeshaas, mar hore ayaa iigu danbeesay. Mexicankii weli maka buuxaan? :)

Aaliyyah   

There are enough threads of this nature on SOL. Take a look....niman leh "Gabadh baa aroos qaali ah iga rabta nin cadaan ah bilaash bay ku racdey bla bla bla bla"...Find something else to do with your time, and if this actually did happen to you turn the page aduunka waa weynyahay.