Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Somaliland signs with Glover Park Group

Somaliland signs with Glover Park Group

By Byron Tau and Anna Palmer

With Tarini Parti

SOMALILAND SIGNS WITH GLOVER PARK GROUP: The Ministry of Presidential Affairs of the Republic of Somaliland has signed a lobbying and communications contract with Glover Park Group, according to a new filing with the Department of Justice. Somaliland is a self-declared, unrecognized state — officially, it is an autonomous region of Somalia. The region's quasi-independent status dates from the beginning of the Somali Civil War, when former president Siad Barre began massacring citizens of the region. Somaliland declared independence in 1991 amid the collapse of the Somali government, but it has not been recognized by any foreign states or international organizations.

Glover Park Group will work on government relations and public relations services on behalf of Somaliland — presumably on a campaign designed to gain international recognition of the region's self-asserted sovereign status. Somaliland is paying Glover Park Group $22,500 per month — a relative bargain in the international sovereign space where retaining a top-tier lobbying and PR firm can run as high as $90,000 per month.

http://www.politico.com/politicoinfluence/

Waste of money, Somalilanders just got Abramoffed. Looking at their history they might be of help after 2016 since they have a close relationship with Hillary Clinton if she wins.

i've been suggesting this for over 10 years now. with the Glover Park Group at the helm, and Somalilanders dictating the direction, our hopes and aspirations could finally be realised. i just wish that incompetent wasiir ''baarjaj'' doesn't hijack this, too.

the independent diplomat group has presence in SL, ee sida uula socoda.

I welcome this anything that can contribute to the recognition of Somaliland should be considered even if that means paying a price the end goal is much sweeter guys always remember that.

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930647 wrote:
I welcome this anything that can contribute to the recognition of Somaliland should be considered even if that means paying a price the end goal is much sweeter guys always remember that.

Not under the admin of President Hassan Sheikh. But you can dream big for your clan.

Xaaji Xunjuf;930649 wrote:
^^ Whats so funny oday Somali.

1. The sheer desperate hope for a misguided dream materialising.

2. The fact that this misguided dream that will never come to pass.

3. The belief that the realisation of this dream will be "sweet". In reality were this misguided dream to become reality it would turn out to be a damp squib and an anticlimax of epic proportions as it would not change the immense underdevelopment, poverty, corruption, bad governance of "Somaliland". Somaliland would just become another recognised yet insignificant, tiny (population wise), underdeveloped and impoverished country with severe social, political and economic ills.

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930657 wrote:
^^ As if he can rule over Somalilanders lol:D

Yes he does. I know you are in denial but for now, he's the official president of the only country in the horn of Africa, Somalia. If and when Somaliland is officially put on the world map as another African country in the horn, you can make that argument. Say yes to Mr. President Hassan now. Say is with me. He's my president.

^^ Every one fights for his dreams and his country no one wants to be ruled or be a second class citizens we have seen what a union with Somalia did to Somaliland. My friend people have done it before the Kurds are still fighting i see Somaliland chances of becoming a full fledged nation as something that can happen in the near future Somalia is not a regional power that can oppress Somaliland like turkey is doing with the kurds or china is doing with the people of Taiwan . if the Dinkas did it if the Kosovons did it if the Eritreans did it than sure Somalilanders will do it to. But u can call it misguided but if people do not want to share a country with you than that should be respected or do you want to force them? Now why dont you fix your country first and than talk about Somaliland

Jacpher;930667 wrote:
Yes he does. I know you are in denial but for now, he's the official president of the only country in the horn of Africa, Somalia. If and when Somaliland is officially put on the world map as another African country in the horn, you can make that argument. Say yes to Mr. President Hassan now. Say is with me. He's my president.

Yeah sure he rules Somaliland with 19000 African union troops on top of the Ugandan tank of General Bahuku u can call him the official or unofficial President he still does not rule Somaliland.The last President or dictator who walked on Somaliland soil was general siad bare and that was 26 years ago. You can draw as much maps as you want and say u own Somaliland or that Somaliland is part of your country but that wont make it happen and thats the real truth:D

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;930671 wrote:
^^ Every one fights for his dreams and his country no one wants to be ruled or be a second class citizens we have seen what a union with Somalia did to Somaliland. My friend people have done it before the Kurds are still fighting i see Somaliland chances of becoming a full fledged nation as something that can happen in the near future Somalia is not a regional power that can oppress Somaliland like turkey is doing with the kurds or china is doing with the people of Taiwan . if the Dinkas did it if the Kosovons did it if the Eritreans did it than sure Somalilanders will do it to. But u can call it misguided but if people do not want to share a country with you than that should be respected or do you want to force them? Now why dont you fix your country first and than talk about Somaliland

That was not my argument. I wasn't talking about the reasons for Somaliland to leave. I was basically pointing out now at this point in time, Hassan is the official president on the only official country of Somalia though you may be in denial.

However, since you talked about Somaliland being oppressed into second class citizen and refused of self determination, thus leaving the union, isn't Somaliland itself doing so to other communities that share border with them? You can't accuse Somalia of oppressing you and on your way out, do the same thing you accuse of others. In other words, you claim to have been bullied historically, now you're doing the bullying.