Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Somaliland is coming under intense pressure not to boycott the London conference on Somalia

Hargeisa(Qarannews):- Somaliland is coming under intense pressure not to boycott the London conference on Somalia, according to a senior source within the administration of President Ahmed Mohamed Mohamud “Silaanyo”.

The source confirms that since President Silaanyo’s return from the visit to Turkey and his announcement that Somaliland will not attend the London conference on Somalia, the government has come under intense internation pressure not to boycott the meeting.

According to the senior source within the administration, both the United Kingdom and the United States of America have made it known that Somaliland is expected to attend the conference on Somalia, which is to be chaired by the head of the provisional government in Mogadishu Hassan Sheikh Mohamed.

The source also states that the sudden visit of President Silaanyo to the UAE is to hear proposals from the Emirati government which would enable Somaliland to attend the London conference.

Ever since Somaliland began direct talks with the various entities concocted in Mogadishu, a stark departure from all previous Somaliland administrations since 1991, the administration of President Silaanyo have been trying to manage events as they spiral out of their control.

Whilst the United Kingdom government and the provisional administration in Mogadishu hold talks in that city to set the agenda for the London conference, the administration of President Silaanyo is trying to cope with pressure from the UN, the Gulf, EU and many other world bodies to attend the London conference on Somalia, not as a sovereign and de-facto state, but as one of many factions of the defunct “Somali Republic”.

All in all, the source confirms that there had been severe miscalculations in starting direct talks with all the various administration from Mogadishu, because no one in the administration of President Silaanyo asked the question “Where is this heading?”, and now according to the senior source, it is clear where the matter is heading, an administration too weak and incompetent to hold their position, a public unwilling to countenance another union and an international community using whatever means necessary to “glue” the defunct “Somali Republic” back together again.

The sources states that this a recipe for another military conflict, unless the administration clarifies its positions, respects the wishes of the people of Somaliland and re-calibrates its strategy and policies.

Qarannews

I hope Somaliland doesn't attend, I would like to see what happens afterwards. There is a lot bravado in Somliland, I wouldn't mind if they are humbled a little bit.

RedSea   

I think Somaliland should attend this one as they did the first one. If the outcome is unfavorable, you can always back off later, but in order to find the outcome, you have to first be there.

Sidii Goroyadii tidhi dhaantada hal lug baan lagalaa, hadii aan ciyaarta aan fahmana lugta kalaan gashadaa; hadii waxba aan ka fahmi waayo, lugta kala baxaa.

RedSea   

Homunculus;929953 wrote:
I hope Somaliland doesn't attend, I would like to see what happens afterwards. There is a lot bravado in Somliland, I wouldn't mind if they are humbled a little bit.

Easy with the empty threats bro. We somalis have suffered enough specially those of you in Somalia proper; Do you really want to go through another cycle of violence and dib-udhac. Give it little thought, before you respond to this one.

RedSea;930195 wrote:
Easy with the empty threats bro.

I would like to know which part you find threatening, you can't just say the first thing that comes to your mind. Somaliland is damned if they do and damned if they don't, they are in a precarious situation and they have to make a choice, I just want them to make the more interesting choice.