Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Gedo Delegates Arrive at Kismayo Airport

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;928553 wrote:
Gabbal, I heard 120 + 35 , but I stand corrected on the delegate allocation. The point I was trying to make which I think was correct was that Gedo is on board with this , and the conflict our brothers are praying for is based on a mere hearsay from internet portals...

It's an internet rumour miya? Why then did you drive us all mad with your Hassan Sheikh criticisim? :P

^^No it is not an internet rumor, NGONGE. It was from the delegate allocation that was published in the Kismayo press release , they said every region gets 120 (3*120), and additional delegates were allocated based on the region's diversity and population. At any rate, there are 10 delegate difference between Gabal's and my number :D

NGONGE   

^^ That wasn't what I was asking. War you said the conflict was internet portal heresay and what not. I thought the "conflict" all along was one about the FG not agreeing to the Jubbaland conference!

^^The conflict was about FG playing politics with the conference. You are correct in saying that. What is incorrect however is to say as many did in this post that Gedo folks are about (or will) to boycott the conference, which would have been more serious set back if it were true.

We all understood FG's political angle; I said it was understandable though bit rouge and ineffective. It is about what federalism means for Somalia. It is a legitimate argument to have. But based on the realities (political, security, and foreign influence), we said Kismayo and larger Jubba region needs a federal state that can govern it, and indeed it will be the interest of Somalia for that to come to fruition.

The nonsense I shot down in this post is the one about GEDO being the spoilers of the conference. That is not to say some in Gedo do not have reservation about the leadership, and perhaps the delegate allocation.

^^You never know what they will do for certain. But the odds are against them if they choose to stick with their original confusing stance. The fact security situation is unraveling in the South does not help them either. I know AMISOM in Kismayo is insistent upon the formation of a broad based administration before they continue thier offensive against Alshabaab who still control majority of both Jubba and Shabeele regions, including the important cities of Baardheere, Jilib and Baraawe...

NGONGE   

^^ War those towns are held in reserve ninyaho. They have to have somewhere to liberate before the London Conference and after it (like they did before the preveious two conferences for Somalia). Wax fahan. :D

^^:D :D

We shall see. All I know is alshabaab is a tough nut to crack, and without political ownership in those regions , these nuts would always have a fall back.

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;928402 wrote:
Xiinfaniin,

Saaxiib, putting brave face on things aside, you know and I know the issue of jubbaland is still hanging in the balance.
And it's hanging in the balance because it's waiting for the verdict of the Gedo folks who are yet to declare their hand. Hence its good to give us the bluster and the talking point of the pirates. But that still should not be allowed to hide the deep truth in here.

And that truth is the jubbaland initiative is a "political hostage" to the whatever the ultimate desire of Gedo folks will be. And that in turn will depend on how the current PM Saacid sees his clannish interest being impacted on by which ever way his folks come down on this issue

Even if the Gedo folks give the green light for this maamul, they will for sure demand the highest position. Which in turn will not comforting for our Somali-kenyan friends who hope to create a region with 'lose' thighs to Xamar and strong connection to Nairobi. :D

Al Shabaab functions by preying on inter-communal strife(by siding with the marginalized groups to get a footlhold in the region). This is a strategy understood by Western intelligence services(although not by our dear Xiin, unfortunately). That's why they're(Al Shabaab) able to maintain a foothold in the Galgala mountains of Puntland, Hiiraan, Jubbas, etc.

It's precisely for this reason that many, including Western powers, are reluctant to endorse your Jubba/Azania project as long as there are certain populations marginalized. Unfortunately for your side, Hassan Sheikh and his advisors have understood/become aware of this worry on the part of the West. Therefore, Hassan Sheikh and co. are busy using this argument in their meetings with donors when the Jubba situation is under discussion.

A_Khadar   

It's moving towards the right direction. I would suggest a power sharing similar to the Khatumo's so all parties will be happy.

Carafaat   

NGONGE;928632 wrote:
^^ Three presidents?
:D
(it could happen you know. Somalis are good at copying).

How about three President each with his own region(Gedo, Lower and Middle Jubba). :D

LOL@ three presidents

Our brothers from the North never cease to amaze . There is something called Jubbaland Charter, should be out as soon as they approve it.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;928666 wrote:
LOL@ three presidents

Our brothers from the North never cease to amaze . There is something called Jubbaland Charter, should be out as soon as they approve it.

Let the delegates from Gedo have they say first. :D