Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Joint Press Release - Awdal, Khatumo and Makhir Regions

Some people in America -I guess- pretend to speak for a group of people in Somalia. Maybe I should start issuing press releases too. (Anyway I prefer to be part of dystopic Somalia than Somaliland).

A_Khadar;922763 wrote:

Anoo xiiqsan orod warkan ku furay , hoostana ka leeyahay, alaylehe ummadii israacday; Kaan imidba meeshu waa Minneabolis xilli barafku da'aayo,

koodh weyn iyo la xidhanyahay maryo waaweyn.kameradna la hor taaganyahay ; Markaas aan hoosta ka iri. war ilayn caydhii iyo gunnadii yarayd ee dumarka iyo waayeelka laga qaadi jiray hadda iskasoo dhamaataye, doorkan yaa la gaadayaa; Mise gaala rimistii oo kismaayo la daala dhacaysa ayaa rajo laga sugayaa:

Hadda laga billabo aniguba intaan Haatu iyo Apophiskan caraysan kaxaysto oo aan suudh xirto, ayaan saxaafada u yeeran oon oran lahayn;

Anagoo ah reeka sujui la yiraahdo oo hayb walba leh waxaan hoosta ka xariiqaynaa in aanu soomali nahay dawlad goboleed aynu iskeen u leenahayna hanaloo sameeyo :) Abwaan iyo Ooba dawladda dhexe naga gaadshiiya xamarna waan usoo soconaa

The Sage   

Anyone sitting in a coffee shop with a laptop can issue a press statement pretending to represent anyone....why in fact I'm the Press Secretary for Papua New Guinea ;)

Tallaabo;922849 wrote:
Who are these people?:confused:

There's a franchise of coffee shops all over the major cities in the West where significant Somali populations reside. It's a very well known brand of coffeeshops among the Somali diaspora. It's not Starbucks, it's not Second Cup, it's not Tim Horton's, it's not Dunkin Donuts....

It's called 'Cafe Calaacal'. Occasionally, when frustration levels are at their peak, a press conference for interested Somali websites and 'qurbajoog' media is held by the usual patrons of this 'Baar Calaacal'.

I think you can figure out the rest, Mr. Tallaabo ;)

Carafaat   

Why dont they go to their respective regions and hold a conference there? Instead on in western coffeehops, waa qaabdaro sidan.

A_Khadar   

It's clear landers are worry some. These gentlemen in the video are all the leaders of the said communities, Awdal, Khatumo and Makhir. If you think they just live in diaspora with no roles in their regions, all that tells is the side effects from the twenty plus years of accumulated delusions.

Abdul   

Secessionists...This so called 'cafe calaacal' was owned and operated by you for the last 20 years and counting.Dont worry,nobody will take that away from you.

The occupants of Cafe Calaacal are well known even to interested parties of the international community.

As an example, I'll take you back 5 yrs ago(Jan 23,2008). Las Anod had recently returned to the control of Somaliland. Emotions were extremely high at Cafe Calaacal franchises across the globe. The current U.S. Special Envoy for Somalia, Amb. John Yates decided to hold a webchat with the Somali diaspora. Roughly half the questions concerned Las Anod from only one particular viewpoint - the Cafe Calaacal viewpoint. The misrepresentation and calaacal where to such an extent that even a career diplomat had to undiplomatically refute the accusations. Here's a brief excerpt from that State Dept. Webchat:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q [horufadhi]: Dear Ambassador John Yates, I want to thank you and those who created this medium that gives us the opportunity to share our concerns and ask you some personal as well as policy related question and answers.

I am from the Sool Sanaag and Cayn Region of northeastern Somalia. Since the invation of our regional capital in Las Anod on October 15 2007 by the so called somaliland militia, more than 100,000 of my fellow tribesmen (***********) have been driven from their homes in Las Anod and are currently refugees in open air camps not far from their homes. I am well aware of what the U.S. policy is towards this so called somaliland republic and therefore will not waste your time on that. What I cant understand is, why is the U.S. continually ignoring this humanitarian crisis facing my fellow tribesmen? The USAID has various undertaking with Somaliland, why are both the State Dept. and AID have not shown any leadership and have been publicl silent in stopping this ethnic cleansing? In your opinion, is being silent and not stopping this ethnic cleansing while at the sametime increasing the funding for the aggressors the new U.S. vision of peace and security for this helpless region?

Yours Truly,

Mohamed Ismail

A [Ambassador John Yates]: Thanks for your question, and we’re pleased you’ve joined us today. I have to point out first that your characterization of the situation as “ethnic cleansing” sounds far-fetched given that clans and sub-clans seem to be shifting alliances often. But the crux of your question is U.S. response to the violence in and around Los Anod. We have not ignored this conflict. We have been engaged with both sides in encouraging a mutually acceptable resolution. USAID has been active in that region through their partner organizations. We have undertaken diplomatic efforts to alleviate the situation, and we will continue to do so. This is an unfortunate situation in already-volatile country; we need to see an end to all military action by both sides and resolve the problem peacefully.

----------------------------------------------------End of excerpt

Ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf once too many??