Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

A Pre-Marriage Checklist to Determine Readiness

Wadani;919919 wrote:
I hear Djibouti is pretty lax with illegitimate pregnancies also. The girl comes home pregnant, and the parents tell her to bring the guy and they get hitched...no biggie.

It is called "ceeb-qarin/qadhin" and every Somali clan has it, not just Jabuti peeps. Some poor cousin is usually the victim who does the honorable thing and covers for the girl undercovers...

Coofle;919913 wrote:
Hee, Would you like to do it...relieve your body desires in Semi-Halaal away (at least psychologically)

Khudbo siro is eloping with your beloved to an area where her
wali
is at least 90 km away..... for muqdisho residents,
Cagaaran
was the destination for eloping teens. ..... This practice is not common in Somaliland and frowned up by the society....if you knock up a girl in somaliand you are damned and known, if you are in xamar you can always say ""Waan khudbo siraystay"" even if its not true! it gets the job done at least.

I think you are confusing mutca (short-term marriage, even for 3 nights :D) and a secret, long-term marriage (khudbo siro) with how a girl is married (the actual mechanics) e.g. roormo/eloping (rather than the formal sow-tuug/go beg for her) because you are afraid you might not be accepted by her reer...

I should know, my father has 10 girls and they in turn have an average 5 each, so we have had our fair share of drama...

Che -Guevara;919944 wrote:
Reread what you wrote and tell me if there are any flaws there?

LOL@Che, Madax Sare

there appears to be NO flaws. perhaps, you could point these out?

NGONGE   

Funny how everyone made their checklist about the girl and not the guy who is clearly asking for a check list to determine readiness! :D

It's a simple list, Africa. :D

1- Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

2- Can you cope with another person under the same roof as you almost ALL the time?

3- Can you accept someone else going through your business and being involved in almost all you do?

4- Have you had enough of dating, makeups, breakups and chasing tail?

5- Do YOU feel ready?

6- Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

I personally think you're ready. In fact, you've been ready for a while ninyaho.

Khayr   

NGONGE;920037 wrote:
Funny how everyone made their checklist about the girl and not the guy who is clearly asking for
a check list to determine readiness!
:D

It's a simple list, Africa.

1-
Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

2- Can you cope with another person under the same roof as you almost ALL the time?

3- Can you accept someone else going through your business and being involved in almost all you do?

4- Have you had enough of dating, makeups, breakups and chasing tail?

5- Do YOU feel ready?

6-
Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

I personally think you're ready. In fact, you've been ready for a while ninyaho.

Words of wisdom - what are you on today saxib? Lol

Aaliyyah   

hadaad diintaadi taqaanid, dhaqankaagi taqaanid, luqadaadi hooyo taqaanid, shaqo fiican haysatid, qof mas'uul ahna tahay oo caruur korin kara reerna dhaqi kara I would say go for it :) ..

Aaliyyah   

Salahuddin Africaown requested a marriage checklist, you being married should be able to give a little insight on that ..try not to go off topic he didn't ask to be hitched with a Soler.

Aaliya wa runta walal, laakin this is what married pple do, they play matchmakers...but, back to the topic I think u gave the best talo ang I cosign it....

QansaxMeygaag;919973 wrote:
I think you are confusing mutca (short-term marriage, even for 3 nights
) and a secret, long-term marriage (khudbo siro) with how a girl is married (the actual mechanics) e.g. roormo/eloping (rather than the formal sow-tuug/go beg for her) because you are afraid you might not be accepted by her reer...

I should know, my father has 10 girls and they in turn have an average 5 each, so we have had our fair share of drama...

Qansax, please explain this 'mucta' for me