Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Does the Evil Eye Exist?

what is the evil eye?

it can be induced by the 'eye' of the envier who wishes to have your health, abilities, money, sharaf etc. also a small potion/spell/sixiir can be requested from those well versed in the 'dark arts' with the view of possessing your person.

Khadafi   

For materialistic people that only believe in what their senses and perceive the idea of an "evil eye" sounds far away. Xabad gave a howling NO to the question if the evil eye exists or not. But I am open minded person. Is this world limited only to what the human senses are able to detect`? Is the truth only limited to what we see or hear or taste?

Sxbyaal I once had a course proteins and other biological stuff (boring stuff) But the teacher once said that some insects see colors that we can not see. A student asked "and how do those colors look like". The professor ofcourse said "I dont know, I have not seen those colors".

So whats the wisdom of of this? The Evil eye does exist so does the unseen world. So lets not limit ourselves.

Apophis;919133 wrote:
You're dumber than I thought. And so is Oba, Haatu and most definitely the mental case, Alpha. Listen to Xabad, you may learn something.

my nigga watch out for the evil eye, :D

Apophis;919144 wrote:
I'm sorry but you outed yourself as a simpleton, look below.

Should you not be told when you're engaging in and spreading superstitious nonsense? You know how you can get back at me? PM me one evil eye. That should teach me.

Oh there you are Apo; for a minute I thought someone gave you the evil eye or inkaar or some such thing and you were hit by a bus as a result...Howz your buddy Christopher Hitchens? Is Ayaan alright, haven't seen her latest blockbuster....

Saxansaxo;919165 wrote:
It does exist and as Norf pointed it out, one must protect ones self from it.

There are several hadith's, Ayah's or dua's that indicates it's existance.

Imam muslim narrated that Ibn Abbas said, The Messenger of Allah (pbu) said: "The evil eye is true, and if there is anything that would precede Predestination, it woul be the evil eye".

Abu said Al Khudri reported: The messenger of Allah (pbu) used to seek protection against the eil of jinn and the evil eyes till surat Al-Falaq and surat An-nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah's protection and left everything besides them (At-Timidhi).

The Prophet (pbu) used to say: "U’eedhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (I seek refuge for you both in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every evil eye).’”

There are other hadiths from muslim and Al-bukhari that also says that the person who touch others with the evil eye has to perfom ablution so that the person affected can wash him self with it.

Thanks! Finally someone pointing my nose in the right direction; much appreciated!

Blackflash;919169 wrote:
I think those of strong faith should abstain from the use of the word 'superstition', it honestly makes you look retarded.

But there are some things Somalis do which are pure superstition...I have heard grown men and women say "Sheikh so and so noo amaana yeel"...

Khadafi;919181 wrote:
For materialistic people that only believe in what their senses and perceive the idea of an "evil eye" sounds far away. Xabad gave a howling NO to the question if the evil eye exists or not. But I am open minded person. Is this world limited only to what the human senses are able to detect`? Is the truth only limited to what we see or hear or taste?

Sxbyaal I once had a course proteins and other biological stuff (boring stuff) But the teacher once said that some insects see colors that we can not see. A student asked "and how do those colors look like". The professor ofcourse said "I dont know, I have not seen those colors".

So whats the wisdom of of this? The Evil eye does exist so does the unseen world. So lets not limit ourselves.

I like you thinking; we are limited by our 6 senses...

Apophis;919183 wrote:
How do you think the teacher was able to know what colours the insects sees and how it is different to us?

Do you care to explain dreams my dear?

You hear, you see, you move, you fight, you die, you travel to foreign cities, you twitch, you dance - all in a matter of minutes...hours...

Wadani   

The evil eye does exist since the Prophet PBUH told us about it in numerous hadiths. But somalis take it too far and many have developed some sort of paranoia thinking that danger lies at every turn as if everyone they meet is a xaasid who wishes ill upon them. What makes it even worse is many of these crazies are not even that special.

For example you'll say ur kids are cute to a Somali mom just to be nice, and their face will turn blue with trepidation and force u to say 'masha'Allah', as if otherwise their kids will turn into disfigured trolls within a few minutes. Next time im gonna be like 'Anaaba kaa walaan oo jimankan yaryar ee digirta gubatay u eeg kuu ammaanay, ee raali noqo.' hahahaa.

chubacka   

What is the point in atheists commenting on matters of faith? What's worse patronising people and insulting what people believe in?

If you're muslim, yes the evil eye is true but like someone said, some people give it too much significance and jump to it too quickly.

xabad   

Wadani;919320 wrote:
The evil eye does exist since the Prophet PBUH told us about it in numerous hadiths. But somalis take it too far and many have developed some sort of paranoia thinking that danger lies at every turn as if everyone they meet is a xaasid who wishes ill upon them. What makes it even worse is many of these crazies are not even that special.

For example you'll say ur kids are cute to a Somali mom just to be nice, and their face will turn blue with trepidation and force u to say 'masha'Allah', as if otherwise their kids will turn into disfigured trolls within a few minutes. Next time im gonna be like '
Anaaba kaa walaan oo jimankan yayar ee digirta gubatay u eeg ku ammaanay, ee raali noqo
.' hahahaa.

:D:D

chubacka   

Alpha Blondy;919323 wrote:
i'm going to cast a spell on you Chubacky the Wacky. then, you'll be mine.

I doubt there would a spell strong enough my dear Alpha.