Sign in to follow this  
metta

Reer Hiiraan welcome PM Shirdon as he arrives in Beledweyne

The president is setting the government's plan and the PM is touring the towns. Have their roles reversed? !!

Haatu, C/wali? Former PM or some other C/wali?

Aaliyyah   

Haatu, I think I see a man that looks like him too lol..

Reer hiiran si wacan ayeey usoo dhoweyeen mashallah. Khyr baan u rajaynayaa our PM.

^^I agree with Oodweyne.

The notion that a president runs parliamentarian election, outlines a political platform and achieves victory only to hire some obscure person from academia or business, and then that obscure pm rises in stature and power and challenges the president who hired him in the first place is (and has been) a recipe for dysfunctional system.

The president won with a clear, 6-point program , and he deserves to implement his political program in the next four years within the existing political and legal structure. I may oppose some of the president policies/tone , but I sure like the absence of in-fighting in this government.

EDIT:

The PM post must remain a subordinate role for the ELECTED president. If one is looking for a counter balance to the president's power, the speaker and his parliament must provide that equilibrium.

Gabbal   

I agree with both of the above gentleman but would like to add this: that the President is elected but the Prime Minister has a stronger role constitutionally, if exercised, has never made much sense to me. There is stability in this working relationship between these two men but in the eventuality of a falling out serious constitutional crisis can develop which paralyzed the transitional era.

I have always believed that the PM post, as Head of Government, should be the elected position as happens in all parliamentary democracies and that the President be nominated by Parliament on the advice of the elected PM. There is permenant stability in that model without depending on the goodwill between the two as is required now to stave off constitutional gridlock.

Also, from everything I know of their relationship with these titles and prior, I am not so sure as Saacid is doing a "contactual bidding" as actively in support of Hassan's platform (which faced the task of election mind you). Saacid is doing his job as the one with legal executive rights to oversee the smooth and private drafting of much of these polices. Another thing I have gleaned is he has a very healthy respect for Hassan formed over a long friendship and for the six figure policy in place and is psughing to bring it to practice. We have become used to a contest of egos in the transitional era which is why we failed to understand the nature of this relationship as Somalis given our political history.

Gabbal;916492 wrote:
I agree with both of the above gentleman but would like to add this: that the President is elected but the Prime Minister has a stronger role constitutionally, if exercised, has never made much sense to me. There is stability in this working relationship between these two men but in the eventuality of a falling out serious constitutional crisis can develop which paralyzed the transitional era.

I have always believed that the PM post, as Head of Government, should be the elected position as happens in all parliamentary democracies and that the President be nominated by Parliament on the advice of the elected PM. There is permenant stability in that model without depending on the goodwill between the two as is required now to stave off constitutional gridlock.

Also, from everything I know of their relationship with these titles and prior, I am not so sure as Saacid is doing a "contactual bidding" as actively in support of Hassan's platform (which faced the task of election mind you). Saacid is doing his job as the one with legal executive rights to oversee the smooth and private drafting of much of these polices. Another thing I have gleaned is he has a very healthy respect for Hassan formed over a long friendship and for the six figure policy in place and is psughing to bring it to practice. We have become used to a contest of egos in the transitional era which is why we failed to understand the nature of this relationship as Somalis given our political history.

great comeback voltage

Mooge   

too early to talk about internal fighting. from all i know, saacid is happly comfortable with his deminished role as qoslaye's paper shuffler but all could change in the future because somali politics is very unpredictable. we have seen honeymoons end.

Soomali meel u roon maleh! Dadbaaba geedo gaaban ugu fadhiya in madaxa la isla galo. War that time has passed , welcome to the new Somali guyz.

Daqane   

As somalis have gotten so used to infighting and "boom" statements from the likes of faroole, that when we see the upper echelons of the goverment walking in lock step our head does not know what to describe it as.