Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Deadline is up for Somali Diplomats overseas

nuune   

As you are all aware, or heard, in the last few days, the government of Somalia has called all diplomats serving overseas to come to Mogadishu for a grand conference that will decide if they are capable of carrying out their duties, one of the many tests that if they pass will make them hold their jobs include:

• Proper qualification from a recognized institution

They were given a deadline to come to Mogadishu 4 weeks ago, and attend the conference and vetting sessions this week, now the conference is still going on, and ONLY 67 attended(67 is still too higher), 84 were absent and not attended without providing any excuse whatsoever.

Diplomats include the ambassadors, their deputies and consulates

67 diplomats were told they can hold their ambasadooriyal position, but they might serve another country in the new list, many don't like changing countries, new Somali diplomats would be available in the next coming days

The final draft was made this morning for those who did not attend, they were told, from today, you no longer represent Somalia's interest overseas.

The selection of diplomats will no longer be based on clan or 4.5, but pure qualification, and the rest of the requirements, such as English knowledge, Arabic(Maashaa Allaah, and Salam Alaikum will do fine), if you know three or 4 languages such as Russian, or European language, priority is given to you.

So, what does this mean, I am sorry, I have to bring Abwaan here again, sxb, since you were there at the conference, can you feed us what countries are available so Solers with valuable qualification and experience can apply to the 84 diplomats that were sacked.

I know Bhutan, Fiji, and Nicaragua positions are left, which means their diplomats didn't arrive Mogadishu for the deadline, so I assume they are vacant.

The British one is unclaimed though Geedi(former PM), and Cali Mahdi are head to head to become Somalia's Ambassador to the UK.

Taleexi, Xiin, Oodweyne, Xaaji Xunjuf, Koolo, Rudy, Malika, and Alpha can all apply to become ambassadors to represent their country overseas.

I will publish if the list of vacant countries becomes available.

Ibtisam   

lol Really you say qualification, qualification and then Cali Mahdi and Geedi are head to head for UK. you are kidding right? warlords recycled as diplomats. Im sure when they realise that it involves a different art than weaponry they will quit.

Good luck to the old and the new.

nuune   

Ibtisaam, Geedi is allegedly being said to have a veterinary qualification, but then he can say I was a PM, though I wouldn't like to see any warlord on any Somali post, that includes Cali Mahdi whom I don't know what qualification he hold, they are both campaigning in Mogadishu for the post.

Ibti, you can be a candidate too, why not serve Morocco, or Ukraine.

Norf, adiga luqada carabigaa lagugu xiri, but maashaa allaah and salam alaikum is fine, little chance you will find a GCC country.

Nuunow maba xume eh mushaharka safiir wa imisa aboowe

Anigu dhowrt af baan ku hadla english somali fransiis af garmaL af carabigana la iguma xanto

International relations na buug baan beri ka akhriyey

Ma u qalma safiir

N.O.R.F   

^:D :D

nuune;914001 wrote:

Norf,
adiga luqada carabigaa lagugu xiri, but maashaa allaah and salam alaikum is fine, little chance you will find a GCC country.

Actually, GCC iga daa. I wouldn't have the patience for dadkan.

Put me forward for South Korea Abwaan

Ibtisam   

Lol at how much is the pay! lol

Me, I would not settle for anything less than Japan, or Cambodia or Fiji or Thailand- I mean it needs to fit in with my travel plans. :P

Runti cidwalba diplomat ma noqon karo, you can't tell the truth or indha fara ka geeli dadhka.. I'll pass.

nuune   

Just in, breaking news, new Somali Ambassador to South Africa named, received waraaqihiisa aqoonsi from Jacom Zuma, South Africa President.

Source, Radio Muqdisho

It is going so fast, here is the latest from Xamar by the way;

Read here too about the fate of current Somali Diplomats:

Kulan balaaran oo maanta ka dhacay hoolka shirarka ee Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dibadda iyo iskaashiga Caalamiga , kana soo qeybgaleen inta badan diblomaasiyiinta ka howlgala Safaaradaha Soomaaliya ee looga yeeray 10-ka bishan January Xarunta Wasaaradda , ayaa waxa ay wasaaraddu ku shaacisay go’aan rasmi ah kadib markii madaxda sare ee Wasaaradda ay falan-qeeyeen tala-soojeedinta guddiga dib u habeynta Wasaaradda.

Fadhigan oo ay goob joog ka ahaayeen Wasiiru dowlaha Wasaaradda, Wasiir ku xigeenada, Agaasimaha guud iyo Xubnaha guddiga dib u habeynta ayaa hadal kooban oo soo dhoweyn ah oo uu jeediyay Ambassador Yuusuf Xasan ibraahim “ Yuusuf Dheeg” oo ah gudoomiyaha guddiga ayaa waxa uu ku sheegay in howlaha ay wadaan uu yahay mid horumar u horseedaya geedi socodka cusub ee siyaasadda dibadda Soomaaliya .

Wasiiru dowlaha Wasaaradda Dr. Maxamed Nuur Gacal ayaa hadal uu ka jeediyay kulanka ku sheegay in dib u habeyn ay ku sameeyeen shaqaalaha gudaha ee ka howlgala Wasaaradda , lana waafajiyay sharciga , waxa uuna yiri “ xubnaha guddiga dib u habeynta shaqo badan ayey qabteen , waxa ayna daraasadeeyeen dukumintiga, iyagoo is arag la sameeyay dhammaan diblomaasiyiinta looga yeeray xarunta”.

Wasiiru dowlaha waxa uu intaa ku daray “ tallaabada xigta ee aanu qaadeyno ayaa ah sidii fariin rasmi ah oo wicitaan ah loogu diri lahaa Safiirada, Siihayayaasha safaaradaha iyo Qunsulada guud si ay u yimaadaan xarunta Wasaaradda,

sida la ogsoon yahay howlaha aan wadno waa dadaal aan qofna lagu beegsaneyn ee qofkii ka gudba ama buuxiya shuruucda iyo shuruudaha Wasaaradda ayaa noqonaya howlwadeenka rasmiga ah”.

Wasiiru dowluhu waxa uu sheegay in Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dibadda iyo Iskaashiga caalamiga aaney marnaba cafin doonin shaqsi kasta oo meel uga dhacay ama ku takri falay hantida qaranka ee dibadda , lana soo qaban doono , lana horkeeni doono cadaaladda .

Agaasimaha guud ee Wasaaradda Cabdidaahir Cabdiraxmaan Cabdi ayaa ka aqriyay madasha qodobada la go’aamiyay , kuwaasoo kala ah:

1- Diblomaasiyiinta aan ku imaan Xarunta Wasaaradda Xilligii loo qabtay , soona gudbin cudur daar la aqbalay , waxaa loo aqoonsaday inay ka tanaasuleen howshii ay Wasaaradda u hayeen .

2- Diblomaasiyiinta aan weli ka howlgelin , kana imaan goobaha ay ku qoran yihiin , waxa ay joogayaan Xarunta Wasaaradda .

3- Waxaa loo aqoonsaday diblomaasiyiinta loo yeeray , 67 ka mid ah inay buuxiyeen shuruudihii Wasaaradda , ayna yihiin shaqaalaha Wasaaradda .

4- Waxaa la go’aamiyay 28 diblomaasi in dib loogu celiyo Wasaaradda Horumarinta adeega bulshada ( Shaqada iyo Shaqaalaha) .

5- Wasaaraddu waxa ay dib ka soo sheegi doontaa Safaaradaha iyo Qunsuliyadaha guud ee la xiri doono , iyo kala badalka diblomaasiyiinta iyo howlwadeenada .

6- Waxaa la farayaa diblomaasiyiinta la ogolaaday inay dib ugu laabtaan goobahooda shaqo

Source

nuune   

Ibti, Japan is gone, but you have a chance, that diplomat did not make it to Mogadishu, and he was sacked in absentia, Cambodia, there was a Soler who was based there not sure if he took that position but that Soler in Cambodia is NOW in Mogadishu as we speak, you might know him, Moti is his name, he speaks Cambodian so priority will be given to him I guess.

Not sure about Fiji though, I see you are after resorts and paradise hehe

Norf, it all takes a visit to Xamar, you might as well get a better job than Ambassador, though most posts they never announce, and are given to relatives and so, the Somali woman who is a minister for planning something like that, is currently fighting that kind of corruption with the arrest of some corruptiions that went through the selection of scholarships to Turkey, it was a scam, offcials that are involved were arrested earlier in the week, so step forward.

The other good news is that they set up last week an agency for checking indivuals who were given higher government posts, to ensure they qualify the post, not only qualification, but capable to carry out tasks that they were assigned to.

Apophis, I know how badly you wanted for the ambassador position reading from another thread, but forget about this, you will be good at with other posts, since you are against anything to do with corruption, then airport jobs will suit you more with your balanced views on everything

Raamsade   

This is total waste of time. Priority numero uno should be assessing the qualifications of civil servants IN Somalia doing acutal work to help Somalis. How is the ambassador to Cape Verde gonna help destitute Somali mother languishing in one of Mogishu's squalid IDP camps?

Nuune,

thanks for including me in the list of potential candidates to serve in Somalia's beleaguered civil service. am i capable of serving laakin?. soy beans industry expertises and only 3 professional years under my belt. i wouldn't mind being the cultural attache to the Somalia embassy in Mali, though. i've recently renewed my pledge of oath to Somaliland and my heart is firmly with the Somaliland Diplomatic Services. thanks for the considerations laakin.

Mooge   

nune, abwaan is trying hard to win US one. i think he may have had something to do with Abukar Arman recent resignation in washington.

i will keep you people updated.