Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

New Hospital opened in hargeysa Somaliland +PICS

uchi   

Finally a reason to visit hargeysa. This beautiful hospital & the cave painting are first on my list.

Hargeysa has changed alot, god bless the people of this amazing city. I haven't been there since 1993, so I wonder if I could meet XX & Alpha when I am there.

Ibtisam   

North ALL of the funding came from various organisations, individuals and a small percentage by the Italian government. In fact they have run out of funding for three wings and a new fundraising is being organised.

However problems have arise with the Italian team being evacuated, which means everything is being left behind for the time being and fund raising initiative frozen.

Juxa   

Few familiar faces:)

I do hope they complete the project and the hospital starts functioning soon.

Sometimes a simple maasha allah is appropriate, the children are the future and deserve best health care possible. AUN to marxuumka, he has indeed done honorable act

N.O.R.F   

Things are happening slowly but mashaAllah.

Ibti, was the idea to have a training facility as well? Teaching hospital?

Ibtisam   

Juxa, :D

North it is a teaching facility, only suppose to have 34 beds- of which only enough funding to complete 8 beds. The hospital will therefore open with 8 bed, outpatients, and teaching. Meanwhile funding is needed for the rest of the beds/wings.

nuune   

^^ Great initiative indeed, if you are one of the organizing/fundraising people, then kudos to you, Maashaa Allaah, Soomaalidu waxey dhahdaa, ama ka muuqnoow, ama ka maqnoow, technically meaning, dadkaaga waxtar!

Gabbal   

Dr Maxamed Adan Sh. Aw-Mohamud would have been proud to see his wish fulfilled. He leaves a dignified legacy building upon his life work of helping Somalis in the field of medicine and health. Dr Maxamed started his work as the first credited practicing surgeon in Somalia and became the first Somali director of Hospital Martini of Mogadishu, the main medical facility of Somalia in the 1960's. He chose Hargeisa to leave his legacy for reasons of his choosing and because of that many Somalis will continue to reap the benefits of his education. Alle hau naxariisto marxuumka he died couple years ago in his home at Torino, Italy.

Blessed   

Illahay khayr haka siiyo Mohamed Aden and everyone involved. Such a facility is desperately needed back home.

Juxa lol.

Carafaat   

NGONGE;914350 wrote:
How many hospitals do they have in that city now?

(good stuff).

One public hospital and a number of NGO funded privetly run ones.

uchi;913969 wrote:
Finally a reason to visit hargeysa. This beautiful hospital & the cave painting are first on my list.

Hargeysa has changed alot, god bless the people of this amazing city. I haven't been there since 1993, so I wonder if I could meet XX & Alpha when I am there.

anytime bro. would welcome you here.