Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

UK drug advisers reject khat ban

NGONGE   

nuune;912047 wrote:
Haatu
, give it up my friend,
Apo
got you there, he knows the system of this country very well!

You're losing it, nuune. It's like two homeless guys arguing over who is more homeless than the other ninyaho. "I sleep in the entrance to the tube station and have a roof over my head" says recently graduated but unemployed Apo. "oh yeah! Well I sleep under the bus stop and also have a roof over my head" counters back (also) unemployed and still school going Haatu. Naga daaya! :D

Malika   

^How do you manage 6th form and two part time jobs?

Haha - neither is paying any income tax or national insurance...lol @ Ngonge

Haatu   

You two are just bitter because you have to pay tax.

Malikah, one is 5 hrs a week, the other one is flexible, yacni I go when I can. So it's quite easy to fit around studies.

Ngonge, you must be glad the 50p tax rate is gone or whatever it was called Mr Big-shot :D

Malika   

^Haatu, doesn't know as a student he is exempt from paying tax..

This wasnt good news to many Somali families - as long as the issues of Khat doesnt effect their families/lives dee maxaa kaa gale some qaxontii..

ps. Many women have reported the increasing aggressive behavior of their husband the day after chewing.

Blessed   

^what is qaadiro?

Malika, not to mention men being unable to work because they can't get up in the morning. I do think that there are many, many underlying issues but it's so sad to see someone do the same routine of qad, sleep, eat, qad sleep eat - sign on once a week....for 10 years. A life wasted but again, I don't think any government can force someone to value their life. It's not so different back home; xawaaalad and hard working diaspora mugs being the 'caydh' source.

Malika   

^Qaadiro - is the after effect of the drug, psychotic bee kaa digtaa..

I hear you on, no government can force someone to value their life. I tell younger sisters, if a dude is chewing kaa caraar even if he is a 'weekend chewer' time will come when he starts chewing on Wednesdays, then Mondays....before you know it, nin walaan baa guriga kuhaysaan.

Juxa   

Blackflash;911954 wrote:
Exactly. Think of how quick the court systems would be without the redundant and petty drug offences, police officers could tackle more serious crime and the cost of jailing drug offenders would evaporate overnight.

I did think about that, for a second i thought how a ban may effect me! there will be no addicted farax running in front of a lorry at 3am and getting killed or maimed etc. how about kan waasha?

then i thought more and how faarax will be nicer to his wife, how he wont demand or steal the kids money or beat the wife or on a good day even manage to go to assembly at the children's school or even walk them to school. did i mention chewing xalimo, neglecting the kids, sending them to school dirty or hungry or both and the kids being taken into care

ban it i say ban it

nuune   
Ngonge, thanks, you see, you nailed it, anigu reer London ma ihi, thanks for coming to my aid, Haatu isagaa is qarxiyey, and he is on the dole, and he is a part time student, I don't believe that as well, 2 part time jobs, not really, laakin Apo he walks to the parks everyday and late evenings, so the prospect of him having a job is zero, he might have a job at a mini-cab booking office, and he gets some descent but not flavoured salary of £30 daily, not bad, he is hard working guy but the circumstances made him stick to this low paid job, that is why he wants to empty his mind by walking to the parks and talking to loners and birds there.

underdog   

Juxa;912131 wrote:

then i thought more and how faarax will be nicer to his wife, how he wont demand or steal the kids money or beat the wife or on a good day even manage to go to assembly at the children's school or even walk them to school. did i mention chewing xalimo, neglecting the kids, sending them to school dirty or hungry or both and the kids being taken into care

ban it i say ban it

My dear,

isn't it a little naive to blame bad behaviour on the khat? I think its a VERY real question to ask if this guy beats his wife, steals the kids money and generally neglects his responsibility because of khat OR does he chew khat because he doesn't want to work or be bothered with with wives and kids?

Where's the proof to support an absence of this activity will translate to a presence in responsibility?

And my opinion on the "My tax money shouldn't have to pay for this": Gimmie a break, you pay taxes to the govt, they provide service as they see fit. You get ill, go see a GP. this does NOT give you the right to decide who gets treated for what. Either way you don't get a refund for all the wayward addicts that get declined health services. Thats the cost of living where you live.