Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

UK drug advisers reject khat ban

Apophis;911879 wrote:
Simple slogans for simple minds. The "ban everything" crowd are stuck in gear 1 i.e 19th century thinking and the harm their mentality does is unimaginable.

I think people are beginning to realise it nowadays, no one wears D.A.R.E T-shirts anymore:D

This video still makes me laugh:

Haatu   

Apophis;911671 wrote:
I have the right to die with a needle in my arm if I so choose. Your morality should have no bearing on me ya Alpha.

And then you expect to get free treatment from the NHS and make us hardworking people pay for your reckless decisions.

Haatu   

Heh! Do you know how much it costs you treat a person who needs a lung transplant because he's a smoker? Do you know what percentage of your taxes goes to the NHS?

xabad   

you know if they legalize drugs, something like 5 percent of the population will be addicts, junkies who are good for nothing. think about the loss of productivity and economic gains in developed countries. it's not as easy a choice as you put it.

Haatu;911918 wrote:
And then you expect to get free treatment from the NHS and make us hardworking people pay for your reckless decisions.

The obese put a larger strain on health care services than anyone else and they make up a much larger portion of the population than heavy drug users ever will.

Haatu   

I couldn't care less where that goes because I don't pay for it. I pay income tax and this is the one that bothers me.

Apophis;911950 wrote:
Why would you though? A smoker is basicly paying 60-70% tax on cigs. Where should that money go to? To support you, the non-smoker?

Exactly. The tax revenues gained would more than cover any incurred health care costs. That's assuming there will need to be extra expenditure, which is debatable. Think of how quick the court systems would be without the redundant and petty drug offences, police officers could tackle more serious crime and the cost of jailing drug offenders would evaporate overnight.

Haatu;911952 wrote:
I couldn't care less where that goes because I don't pay for it. I pay income tax and this is the one that bothers me.

You're not making any sense. You're opposition to the legalization of drugs is due to the incurred costs of drug habits, which smokers, for example, pay for in the form of exorbitant surchages on cigarrettes. Yet you've decided to discard that peice of evidence because you don't pay it yourself (which is the friggin point).

Haatu   

Blackflash;911960 wrote:
You're not making any sense. You're opposition to the legalization of drugs is due to the incurred costs of drug habits, which smokers, for example, pay for in the form of exorbitant surchages on cigarrettes. Yet you've decided to discard that peice of evidence because you don't pay it yourself (which is the friggin point).

I'm neither for or against legalisation. I'm against the NHS paying for the life choices of others.