QansaxMeygaag

Your First Crush?

I am a certified SOL addict after only 2 weeks; I need help.

Who was you first crush? How old were you?

Mine was the most beautiful D-Hunter girl ever, my cousin's best friend, and much older than me. Thick, Indian-like hair flowing to the small of her back. Beautiful set of pristine white teeth against dark gums, she was also flirty and encouraged my teenage interests, found it cute...

Her Somali was PERFECT, she enunciated each word, one by one, like a BBC announcer. I could listen to her all day...

I swear I've not seen a more beautiful woman since her...and she had the perfect name to boot: Ladan.

let me see my first crush was a cad cad girl from Shingaani her name was fatma we planned to get married and all but her family refused since im a Lama Goodle.. shit happens yo

nuune   

Jacpher;911162 wrote:
Is Ladan available now?

I doubt she is even alive, all the Ladans I have seen or known have died anyway, that is my proof, considering in every 70 Somali women, there are 2 Ladans in them.

oba hiloowlow;911167 wrote:
let me see my first crush was a cad cad girl from Shingaani her name was fatma we planned to get married and all but her family refused since im a Lama Goodle.. shit happens yo

Cad cad's are the best; so mellow with sweet lilting voices. There was one called Fa and her sister Jiija, unfortunately half the time Jiija was preoccupied with Fa who had mingis...she would just convulse out of a sudden and talk in tongues (and no she was not epileptic)...ah yay yay...she used to wear something around her neck to keep the jinns away...too much drama.

Wadani   

Whats this mingis everyone talks about. Sometimes i think south Somalia is full of magic, evil spirits and wizards. :D Mise do we have this mingis stuff up north too?

Wadani;911185 wrote:
Whats this mingis everyone talks about. Sometimes i think south Somalia is full of magic, evil spirits and wizards.
:D
Mise do we have this mingis stuff up north too?

Kkk. Seriously? You've never heard of mingis? Like the most common affliction of Somali women...ma kaa dhab baa nin yahaw?

Haatu   

Mingis according to this English guy is a 'special' dance folks do in the South to get rid of the devil possessing the person. It includes 2 men whipping each other, an old farmer from the river banks eating luubaan and going ecstatic and some funky dhaanto like dance. But who knows. :D

Wadani   

I've heard of it quite a few times...but i don't really fully understand wat it is. Is it jinn possession, magic or just a way of relieving stress by acting crazy?

Haatu;911191 wrote:
Mingis according to this English guy is a 'special' dance folks do in the South to get rid of the devil possessing the person. It includes 2 men whipping each other, an old farmer from the river banks eating luubaan and going ecstatic and some funky dhaanto like dance. But who knows.
:D

Saar, mingis, spirit possession. Ethiopians also call it Zar.

A scholarly paper here: http://digitalcommons.macalester.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1121&context=bildhaan