Sign in to follow this  
somalee

First book you ever read :-)

nuune   

Malika, lool stealing mango from houses, you were not like one of those intey koraan big trucks oo socda then iska soo tuura into the laamiga jeyga ah, and broke multiple bones etc, good reason to stay out of dugsi loox, this was my usual excuse though later was cought doing it again, sometimes big tree like qurac or garas about 10-20 meter la iska soo tuuraa, goormaan jaanis u helaa book,

Taleexi, aduba waad ku jirtaa since aad Tima Cade buug aad laba liqdey

Malika   

Bisinka! maxaa iska tureyaa a moving truck iyo tall trees - nah! loved my cozy life..lol. - the naughty thing I ever did was knock at our fat indian neighbours door when I know he is having his afternoon nap and run to hide or as I said, climb walls to steal mangos even though we had a mango tree in our own back yard..

Haatu   

What on earth :D

nuune, did you used to play garangaris where you go into an empty tire and then you get rolled by your friends? :D

nuune   

Garaangir was in my early years up to 3 yrs old, then up to 4 was kushuneeto, then up to 5 was bushkuleeti, from 5 to 6 was dabakafuul of buses and trucks illegally following them into towns and staying over nights and this is when I broke multiple bones on weekly bases, when I was 5, I was a professional smoker(geedaha magacyadooda hada ma xasuusto but there were different types of them), sigaarka since we didn't wanted in nala arko smoking we used to smash it and put into our mouth for resting in the daan(canka), by the time I was 5 and 6, had multiple girfriends until in my early 7, then they dumped me all at once intey ii fakireen, but only for few days, by the time I was 8, that is 1971kii, I joined a professional wrestlign club, this is when I left Somalia, the wrestlign club was in Moscow, Icame back to Somalia in 1973gii to teach Somali in the baadiyaha and tuulooyinka, I refused to join the army and was found hiding in the river at Kontoroolka Balcad, was cought and jailed for 90 dayz, then was released to join the army, stayed there for 9 months only to escape to Golkhatumo, then was cought again trying to sneak out of the country, but this time joined the Russian base at Berbera airport, was technicial there fixing soviet planes, and we used to have Soviet Space Shuttles landing there onlt to be transported by sea, and sometimes on top of a giant Russian Jumbo craft, ma sii wadaa, naga daa dee niyahow my Ijaara young man.

I am not a great fan of reading books but I did read few books in my older age. However if you want to know my first ever books, it was book introduced to me at a very small age called Safiinatul-Salaat at my local mosque. It mainly deals with the Islamic jurisprudence and the purity required of a Muslim person.

Bluelicious;907890 wrote:
All I know is that I started reading at 4 and I loved the Dutch version of the Roald Dahl books. Those were the books I frequently read my favorite were Matilda, The big friendly giant and Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Roald Dahl brings back so many memories. I loved Matilda aswell and the witches.

Somalee: I can't really remember my first book. But it was probably one of Gunilla bergstrom & Astrid Lingren's books (swedish writers) like Albert åberg, the brothers lionheart & Ronia the robbers daughter.