Sign in to follow this  
OdeyJacfar

I don't get it. can a man rape his wife, is that plausable?

Abtigiis   

Nin-Yaban is a very strange creature who almost always accepts definitions and judgements of Westerners, robot-like, so I see where he is coming from. But to answer this question, we need to de-Westernize the discussion and discuss it in context.

1) if the question is does a non-consensual sex always become a rape, the answer is NO. It only becomes a rape a) if it happens in the West b) if the woman is sufficiently angry about it to lodge a complaint. Even in Western countries, for a woman to go and accuse her husband, there must be something else other than sex between them; for instance physical violence and abuse must accompany the rape. Iyadoo daalan oo please i am tired leh, haduu dhinaca ka saaro, she will not enjoy it, but it is hard to imagine she will report him. Again, this is not about politic correctednees or generalization to all cases but pretty much what we can expect on average

2) Can a Xaliimo be raped by a husband, seems unlikely given how violent and shouting they are; but the case in #1 applies here to

3) Is bothering Xaliimo when she is not in the mood ( though not by physically abusing her), a rape??? ...i don't know what the Western law says but in many cultures it is not rape. But also if that is considered rape, I bet Faarax's are raped every week in that definition and it is us who have to sue our wives!!

P.S. by the way and on the SNETification of SOL, bisha December miyaa la fasaxaa Somalinet; a disproportionat number of SNETites come here for what I can only assume to be Xagaa-bax in December. :D :D

Abtigiis   

:D :D :D @NY.

Apophis - again, is it wrong to state facts. Show me single statement which is wrong in what you said. Once again, I don't hate the western culture wholesale, but I don't swallow it all as well.

Nin Yaaban, yaa is waydiiyey in ay danbi tahay iyo in kale? We are only discussing definitions....

A wife and husband will often do favours to each other against their own desire, and I don't see as a rape. Voluntary is the key word...

wyre   

lo @ menace, are you talking about denise the menace yaa oba, naga daa dee ninyahow scripts ka aad nala daba wareegeyso

There's a big difference between playful coercion and rape. If we need to actually get in to the difference between the two, please don't get married and try to keep human contact to a minimum.

Abtigiis   

Blackflash;900127 wrote:
There's a big difference between playful coercion and rape. If we need to actually get in to the difference between the two, please don't get married and try to keep human contact to a minimum.

Intelligent summary. Why can't Nin Yaaban came up with something as clever as this once?!

Just add one more thing which is the case usually when the playful coercion is done on the male. It is called huruuf coercion or Uunsi cajoling.

Blessed   

Blackflash;900127 wrote:

There is hope....