Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

'27 dead' in Connecticut primary school shooting

SeeKer   

Hello Naxar. Now you know thats not what i said so why don't we keep it in the context it was said. This is not going to be an all or none fight and the sooner people realize it the better. When i want to go shooting i want to be able to do that, just like i can depend on the right for due process and right to petition and right of religion. What makes this a debatable right and what separates the other freedoms you enjoy as being safe once you start fiddling with this one? Like i said this is not going to go into all or nothing so for the sake of the safety of schools,malls and movie theatres lets remove emotional baggage from bills of rights arena. Talk about measures at state levels or federal (if you must ) on isolating the cracks in the system but don't blankly decide to dismember the bill of rights!

Abdul   

I hear in the states you can actually purchase a gun online and have it deliverd at your place.This is crazy.

Right to gun people, not to mention their irrational disregard for right to safety and life, have done everything they could to undermine gun control. For example, if you are barred from buying guns for what ever reason, you can skip all that and just go to a gun show and just buy guns. Gun control is a joke

Charlotte bacon, 6

daniel barden, 7

rachel davino, 29

olivia engel, 6

josephine gay, 7

ana g. Marquez-greene, 6

dylan hockley, 6

dawn hochsprung, 47

madeleine f. Hsu, 6

catherine v. Hubbard, 6

chase kowalski, 7

jesse lewis, 6

james mattioli, 6

grace mcdonnell, 7

anne marie murphy, 52

emilie parker, 6

jack pinto, 6

noah pozner, 6

caroline previdi, 6

jessica rekos, 6

avielle richman, 6

lauren rousseau, 30

mary sherlach, 56

victoria soto, 27

benjamin wheeler, 6

allison n. Wyatt, 6

gun owners and senior citizens are very organized people politically they vote when it matters that is why politicians never dare take anything away from them.

media is also partly to blame for this as they play this out 24/7 for days nationally which i think inspires other crazy people to partake in this unfortunate trend.

N.O.R.F;899071 wrote:
Crazy place. What are the rule on gun ownership horta? Just a summary will do. Can any average Joe own a gun?

Some states are more gun friendly than others. Generally people have the "Right to keep and bear arms" as this is in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I don't know how any gun laws is going to fix Americas gun culture as criminals would always have an access to guns, this is a losing battle. Fox news had gun loving jacks to defend their rights the moment the shooting took place.

xabad   

AfricaOwn;899642 wrote:
I don't know how any gun laws is going to fix Americas gun culture as
criminals
would always have an access to guns, this is a losing battle.

But these massacres are being carried out by seemingly normal people. Australia banned guns and they solved that problem now.

Blessed   

^Well said. Britain responded in the same manner following the Dunblane school massacre in 1996 where 16 school children and their teachers were killed. Americans who oppose changes to the gun laws seem strange to me, I guess there is a widespread culture of violence in the US which needs addressing before laws are changed.

xabad;899659 wrote:
But these massacres are being carried out by seemingly normal people. Australia banned guns and they solved that problem now.

Lets keep in mind these mass shootings recently (including the one we're talking about) happen in areas where guns are banned already. Washington DC and Chicago are two major cities that banned guns, but have a really high gun violence in the US.

*Blessed;899665 wrote:
^Well said. Britain responded in the same manner following the Dunblane school massacre in 1996 where 16 school children and their teachers were killed. Americans who oppose changes to the gun laws seem strange to me, I guess there is a widespread culture of violence in the US which needs addressing before laws are changed.

Has the murder rate (gun violence) gone down in the UK since? I doubt it..., so what did that ban accomplish?

Blessed   

^Errr. No mass shootings in public places, how many did America have since? Gun related crime is also pretty low in the UK.

Reeyo   

SeeKer;899299 wrote:
Hello Naxar. Now you know thats not what i said so why don't we keep it in the context it was said. This is not going to be an all or none fight and the sooner people realize it the better. When i want to go shooting i want to be able to do that, just like i can depend on the right for due process and right to petition and right of religion. What makes this a debatable right and what separates the other freedoms you enjoy as being safe once you start fiddling with this one? Like i said this is not going to go into all or nothing so for the sake of the safety of schools,malls and movie theatres lets remove emotional baggage from bills of rights arena. Talk about measures at state levels or federal (if you must ) on isolating the cracks in the system but don't blankly decide to dismember the bill of rights!

The right for due process

The right to petition

The right to religion and

The right to have a gun so I can go shooting oh don't forget my sick friend can use it too if he wants to go kill all his classmates.

These are guns btw, designed to kill, what a great right that is, I am American, its my right to kill.

peasant   

Somali philosopher;899532 wrote:
gun owners and senior citizens are very organized people politically they vote when it matters that is why politicians never dare take anything away from them.

media is also partly to blame for this as they play this out 24/7 for days nationally which i think inspires other crazy people to partake in this unfortunate trend.

I agree with you, the copy cat factor is a major thing and it is the media to blame for publicising and dramatizing when silly kids shoot random innocent folks. I also think the rise of the violent video games is another contributing factor. Some of these games are so realistic and they match simulations army cadets train with.