Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Why do Somalis act

N.O.R.F   

There is nothing better than caftan iyo dacaayad with a complete stranger. There is nothing better than hearing an old seaman out who would tell you about the UK in the 1960s whilst waiting for a bus/train. There is nothing better than trying to help an afro carribean woman trace her grandfather to Hargaisa (he was a JB/Alpha). Apo here has an identity crisis thing going on covered in ego and misplaced pride.

Ngonge, you're weird. Who else would notice goats' 'baceec' just before sunset in Hargaisa :D

Talking to an stranger (somali) may annoy some when they are in places like London or Minneapolis where Somalis are by the 1000s. But I bet you would act differently if you were in smaller town where seeing people of color let alone Somalis is a rarity thing. Hadal haddii uga cararaysid, hadii dhibaato kuu sheegan lahaa maxaa sameen laheed.

Abtigiis   

Ibti, salaan sare dear sister. I think you are right but you took the discussion a bit to a man-women encounter. That is entirely a different matter. I thing the issue was about how you react to same sex abrupt interactions. I don't think you will mind if a sister for some reason asks to sit next and talk to you. That is what I was talking about.

Jacpher   

How do you say 'stranger' in Somali? Horta ma qabnaa erayga?

As children, how many of you stopped 'a complete stranger' in the street and asked to take you back to school as your parent? Adeer iskoolkaa la iga soo ershee ma i geyn kartaa? Magacaa? Hebel hebel. Let's go and I'll have a talk with the teacher. :D Them good old days are gone.

Xaajiga mijin jaad ayuu qarsanayey oo uusan rabin inuu share-gareeyo. War hunguri ha dhaafsan Soomaalinimada.

Blessed   

Stranger in Somaali is dad qalaalood. LoL@ adeer iskuulka igu soo celi, did that really used to happen?

As for the thread, with Ibts on faaraxs under 45 ee dumarka iskala qabsadaa waa qashin badankoodu. Odayaasha and xaajiyadaha waa dahab sheekooyinkoodu, siiba odayaasha ayaan ka helaa, markay beri samaadkii iyo meelaha ay u shaqo tegi jireen, jacayladii hore kaaga sheekeeyaan, best novels ayagaa ka sheeko wanaagsan. Which brings me to XX point, ipadka iyo SOL trolling in laga jiidho ayuu diidanaa, anba ma jecli in laiga jiidho buugaagtayda markaan socdaal dheer ku jiro, 20 minutes sheeko ka badan waaba danbi, ta odayaasha mooyaane. :)

Showqi   

Jacpher;898456 wrote:

Xaajiga mijin jaad ayuu qarsanayey oo uusan rabin inuu share-gareeyo. War hunguri ha dhaafsan Soomaalinimada.

Or maybe Xaajiga was very busy posting twenty articles on Sol with his Ipad. And the other guy was trying to ask Xaaji what he thinks of the new president of Somalia:D

STOIC   

^ Xaaji, Computerka ayaa anti-social kaadiigaay! wuuXuu noqthay cuunsuuri waaji maacbuus ahhh..lol .Warya chill and let the other people feel comfortable around you..Life is too short to be on guard all the time.Always have the other persons highest good in your mind especially Somalis

Taleexi   

Sheeko xun ma aha fursad aad qof kula kulantay haddaad ka faa'iidaysato. I travel and talk to my countrymen when I see one.

Abtigiis   

Why are her marwoness Ibtisam and her marwoness Blessed singing for the ostrich when we sing for the camel??

Faarax's bothering woman is an entirely, entirely different matter! Very few will disagree with them on how to deal with daf-daayaal.

But if we take that out, is what Xaaji did right?? Maybe he had strong reasons not to want to talk to the man, but he did not tell us. The feeling I got is that Xaaji was busy on his IPAD - loo soo iibiyey - and that is very wrong to me.

AYOUB   

It depends on what time of day the approach is made. Maybe The Xaaji was approached very early in the morning - by his standards :) Otherwise, like everyone in here, I misjudged XX as well. I would not have sent him an official SOL friendship request if I thought he was this mean. Maybe I'm bad judge of characters. I've already had authorities ask me about one *SOL friends and I feel it's only a matter time before another does something absolutely bonkers.*

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;898250 wrote:

Ngonge, you're weird. Who else would notice goats' 'baceec' just before sunset in Hargaisa
:D

It was loud enough dee. Plus, it was making the same noise every day exactly at the same time. Couldn't fail to notice it ninyaho. :D