Sign in to follow this  
Shinbir Majabe

Warbixintii Dr. Cabdiweli Gaas ee Puntland

I don't really understand what the good Professor is advocating here. I hope he is not entertaining the idea of running for office in PL. I think he should head home (US) and resume his teaching career at Buff.

Gheelle.T;886321 wrote:
I don't really understand what the good Professor is advocating here. I hope he is not entertaining the idea of running for office in PL. I think he should head home (US) and resume his teaching career at Buff.

The good professor is visting his homeland and voicing the concerns of those he has met..only somali would equate every action to some political agenda, and even if he wanted to run for office no one would dare stop him, lets be realistic faroole has no more right to puntland than Prof. gaas. Dont let horseed's tabloid stories fool you.

It's clear that he has been thrown something that won't be beneficial by other's hiding behind the curtains. He should return to the USA and resume his teaching career.

STG, he's talking politics in very partisan way, and I don't think that's the remedy PL needs now. Not long ago he was Premier and a candidate for the highest office , and I don't think he should partake in PL's local politics.

While I am not sure what his intentions regarding Puntland are, I will very much welcome his participation in Puntland politics, should he later decide to do so. I believe Gaas would be the right man to take on Faroole, but on the other hand, I doubt he has the required tenacity to take on a Faroole regime that has turned Puntland into a personal fiefdom.

Faroole's impunity must end.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;886328 wrote:
It pains me to see Professor Abdiweli stoop this low in his political career. He should go home and resume his teaching profession.

Puntland is his home. Why do you guys oppose Gaas, he is qualified and wants to serve his people.

This culture of political vandalism must stop. The man has just ended his tenure in Mogadishu, and seemed to have staked a credit in ending the transition. Speaking the way he did today only demotes his stature. There are angry local politicians who says stuff every day to get in Faroole's skin. To parrot the same accusation does not fit Abdiweli. And that is exactly what he did in the posted clip.

Xiinfaniin I totally agree here I thought he was more far-sighted than this as he was the late Prime Minister and the huge responsibilities in ending the transition however he parroted the same lines some failed politican used and that he demotes himself to be a regional President is more than comical to be honest.

The Minister of Information of Puntland on Dr. Gaas: Wasiirka oo saxaafada la hadley goor dhaweyd isagoo jooga Garowe wuxuu sheegey “in Puntland ay qadariso saxaafada xorta ah, taasna waxaa daliil u ah Cabdiwali isagoo Gaalkacyo jooga ayuu u hadley siduu doono, waxayna taasi tilmaameysaa xoriyada saxaafada ee ka jirta Puntland, marka hadaladiisa ayaaba is burinaya”