Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

I voted, did you?

A_Khadar   

For those who are US citizens, today is Tuesday Nov 6th 2012. The day to vote for USA president, many Senators and entire 435 Congress seats not to mention many state governors, local representatives, juridical seats and many more local posts. Also several constitutional amendments are on some of the states’ ballot. To tell few, there are two constitutional amendments on MN's ballots where large Somali community dwell, voter ID requirement and marriage definition .

So Did you vote yet? Are you going to vote? What was your experience for today’s voting?

Correction ya Khadar, not all the 435 House of Rep seats are up for election. Or maybe you're right since the mid terms elections are held every two years for House of Reps..

A_Khadar   

Awoowe, unless I am reading wrong, they are up for re-election..

More than $2 billion has been spent on a barrage of negative ads in the fight for Congress, where the entire 435-seat House and 33 of the 100 Senate seats are at stake. Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Republican House Speaker John Boehner are likely to retain their posts.

http://thegrio.com/2012/11/06/control-of-us-congress-likely-to-remain-same/

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/20121106control-us-congress-likely-remain-same.html

AK, you are actually right. However, not the whole Congress, but 1/3 of the Senate and all house of Reps. I take my earlier assertion back.

Gheelle,

Yes the first is an amendment defining marriage between man and woman, the second amendment is on the ballot to require voter ID in election day.

There are only one senate seat that is up for election, and in the last poll Emmy, the democrat, was up 43 points. She is quite popular here.

Mrs. Bachmann will squeak a victory with a slim margin, I believe. I trust her Tea Party base to come out strong for her. But she is in for a real fight to keep her seat.

Also Keith, our Muslim congressman, is not in danger. He will win handily. I am proud to be in his district.

A_Khadar   

Gheelle.T;886299 wrote:
AK, you are actually right. However, not the whole Congress, but 1/3 of the Senate and all house of Reps. I take my earlier assertion back.

That is what I meant, all house Reps and 1/3 of Senators..

I knew Mr. Ellison was safe. But it would be nice to see that lady's back being voted out, but guess she has enough right wing supports to keep her in office.

AK, waad saxsanayd.

Jacpher   

Kieth and Klobuchar are safe seats. O will carry MN as it is the bluest of the blue in Midwest. Marriage amendment will probably pass. Voter ID not sure but gov. Dayton is gonna veto for sure. And sadly Bachman queen of rage will win. Her constituent keep embrassing MN.