Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Kigali

Abwaan   

Che, I have never been there but that country is one of my to visit list insha Allaah. Are you planning to travel to the land of thousand hills?

Abwaan   

Alpha Blondy;878287 wrote:
^ where else is on your list? and where in africa have you been in abwaan?

South Africa, Mali, Morroco(almost went there) and

Gambia are on my list too Insha Allaah. Where else in Africa have I been to? Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Egypt and of course Somalia.:D

Ibtisam   

Che my friend lives there (has done so for the last 3yrs) she keeps telling me how amazing it is and I should visit.

MAxa ka galey meesha??

Abwaan;878298 wrote:
South Africa, Mali, Morroco(almost went there) and

Gambia are on my list too Insha Allaah. Where else in Africa have I been to? Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Egypt and of course Somalia.
:D

lol@adeer Abwaan,

i've only been to ethipoia, djibouti, morroco and uganda. no where else so far!

i hope to travel to mali, chad, sudan, nigeria, cape verde, botswana and tanzania.

Abwaan...You have seen plenty. I am not planning to travel unless I am sent there.

Alpha.....Most online reviews are white expats looking for 'adventure'.

Ibti....I am being interviewed for job that's based in Kigali. Just want to know how the place is despite its ugly recent history,

Blue...BOB is on wife number three dee:D

lol@Abwaan, its a term of endearment. i use it for those whom i have the utmost respect for ee wax fahan. i was also closely following some of your analysis and predications on the recent somalia politics and it wasn't bad, at all. if you can carry on like this i envisage a future diplomat in you to maybe south africa - a key post no doubt.

during the 60s, 70s and 80s, i bet somali diplomats 'lived the life', as it were! and probably experienced all sorts of things, cultures, lifestyles and this probably showed on their attitude and outlooks in life. i met one such diplomat and he was suave, sophisticated and told me stories of his postings around the world. amazing walahi.

Che -Guevara;878308 wrote:

Alpha.....Most online reviews are white expats looking for 'adventure'.

perhaps but sometimes some locals customs can be as foreign as next to sxb.

Inshallah, i wish you all the best for this job sxb, walahi this is the african century (by 2017, i've predicted that ownership of all the factors of production and the market will be decided) and there is nothing left in the WEST. all those years of brain-drain are being replace by brain-gain. you could do much here sxb and quality of life is better.

Abwaan   

lol@Alpha....thanks....waan kula kaftamayey ee it is a privilage to have such a title and respect runtii....Alpha, I am glad you met the diplomat that you are talking about who shared with you some of his experiences, I would suggest you to do some form of writing on his experience if you can. I did have an opportunity to do a research on one Somali Embassy and I was amazed of the type of work some of our former diplomats used to do. I say some because I looked at a period of 30 years and of course the work of different ambassadors was not the same and I am sure the example is the same everywhere. There is this particular Ambassador whom I was told now lives in Canada and I wish that I met that man just to say thank you for the great work he did. I saw the record and analyzed some of it. A lot of younger generation have only seen or heard the destruction then they think Somalia was always like that but the story is completely different from that. Somalia needs a lot specially from the young and educated to help rebuild the country. It would be good to organize on a community level here in the diaspora and send some by taking turns. Even if 25% of us dedicate a month each we will be in a better place within few years Insha Allaah.