Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Recommended Posts

Khayr   

Saff,

 

I thought that you were an unbiased non-judgemental Intellectual and "Historian".

Whats up with your foul language?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Khayr;990711 wrote:
Saff,

 

I thought that you were an unbiased non-judgemental Intellectual and "Historian".

Whats up with your foul language?

I don't know many people more foul mouthed than academics, it's not mutually exclusive :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khayr   

Ah, so by being an academic you are excused from judgement.

It is normal for you to curse but for

someone like "classified",

it is not acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Khayr;990717 wrote:
Ah, so by being an academic you are excused from judgement.

It is normal for you to curse but for

someone like "classified",

it is not acceptable.

Huh? :confused: Of course not, what's unacceptable is cursing *at* someone here because it's disrespectful. General cursing is a personal decision... some people swear, others don't. Do you understand the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;990722 wrote:
Khayr why do you write your posts in the aesthetic form of a poem??

They are also often just as abstract, random and incomprehensible :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khayr   

Saff,

 

Is cursing at a particular idea or proverb acceptable because its a personal choice and it is not against a person?

 

SP,

 

I am a Poet! Thank for the recognition. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Khayr;990727 wrote:
Saff,

 

Is cursing at a particular idea or proverb acceptable because its a personal choice and it is not against a person?

Like I said, that's for the person to decide. There are plenty of people who believe swearing is inappropriate in all contexts, while others have no problem with it. But my point is that swearing at a person is *always* inappropriate because it's about disrespecting and insulting another person, whereas swearing at objects or at situations or whatever doesn't affect anyone.

 

I have to get back to work guys, last paper of 2013 to work on :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Safferz;990683 wrote:
I'm watching the Victoria's Secret runway show from last night, and I'm just gonna stop eating now
:(

In a moment of weakness, I ordered beef satay, pad thai and Thai iced tea, which I shall consume while watching a movie in bed. So much for that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khayr;990717 wrote:
Ah, so by being an academic you are excused from judgement.

It is normal for you to curse but for

someone like "classified",

it is not acceptable.

Don't be afraid to punch back and be as ruthless as you can be - don't worry about their feelings. (This goes for whoever that's being called silly names)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Khayr;990730 wrote:
Saff,

 

I was bored and I wanted to tease you. Thanks for clarifying your stance.

I know Khayr, waa caadhi. Though I can't always follow your logic in posts or understand what you mean sometimes, now that you say you're a poet it makes much more sense :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this