Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

President Hassan is right on Jubbaland/Azania

Abtigiis   

President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has asked the Kenyan government to suspend the process of forming a regional government for Jubbaland. This process was underway in Kenya for some time. President Hassan’s call is in line with his duty as the leader of a sovereign nation. The issue here is not which clan will get what in Kismayo. The President can get the clan balance wrong. But that is not the real issue. The issue is soverignity and with the Alshabab on the run, it is now high time to demarcate the line on the roles of forien military and political forces. Yusuf Haji, Farah Mo’alin and Affey are Kenyans, they are not from Somalia. So, they have no business in meddling in the political affairs of Somalia.

President Hassan should take the lead in any political process involving the establishment of regional states in Somalia. He has a national mandate. All patriotic Somalis must support the President on this. It is not fair to trivialize the efforts of the President with unfounded conspiracy theories such as the one that says the President is “messing up the initiative as part of a HAG strategy to stifle the emergence of two D-block regional States”. If the President gets it wrong, those who feel aggrieved by his decision should seek redress through national institutions and take their matter to the courts in Somalia to fight the president. They should not run and seek succor from foreigners such as those in Kenya on a matter that is exclusively an internal problem.

I agree. The Solution to our Kismayo problem should be homegrown and not come from the Somalis across the border. All the stakeholders in that part of the country should come to the table and negotiate.

P.S

The quicker we Somalis fix our own problems, the faster the Kenyans and others will become impotent in our national affairs.

Jacpher   

^^Agreed. What's at stake is bigger than trivial clan politics. The president should go step further and uninvite the Kenyans and tell them to start withdrawing right away. No neighboring country should be included in the Amison package.

The Zack   

BS!

AT&T, no offense but that is just a whole load of BS! The whole Somali government was built in Kenya, I don't see the issue with a regional state being formed in Kenya. Midda kale since when the Somali government and its president started creating or having a say on who can create and who can't creat maamul goboleed? According to the Somali constitution, any two or more states can have their own regional states

Nobody said where they should go to do that. The locals decide that.

Abtigiis   

The Zack;875761 wrote:
BS!

Midda kale since when the Somali government and its president started creating or having a say on who can create and who can't creat maamul goboleed? .

Since the election of the NEW President! mind you, what he says is that let the KDF and the somali troops take the place, but any follow-up political process must happen in Kismayo or inside Somalia. The fact that this was not the case in previous years doesn't mean the wrong way of handling such sensitive national matters should continue.

Adiga maxaa kaaga xumaan hadii Kismayo muddo ka dib shir lagu qabto oo dawlad gobaleed lagu dhiso. Ma reerkeena ayaa wax ay Naivasha iyo Nairobi ku heli lahaayeen ku waayi hadii Kismayo la tago?? War nimanyahow aan horey u socono oo danta guud ee Somaliyeed ku mashquulo. Marka madaxweynuhu yidhaa reer-hebel wax lagama siin karo Jubbaland, we will oppose him because he is not making sense. But for now, his concerns make sense!

NGONGE   

^^ Err..would "Yusuf Haji, Farah Mo’alin and Affey" be right in saying that you're an Ethiopian and have no right to comment on Somali matters? ;)

(I'm throwing it there before someone else does). :D

Daqane   

Excellent opinion by brother AT./B]

I do not know if it is right or wrong but I am glad to see somalis rising over the fray, in nairobi, that commander of ras kambonmi brigades is being turned into some sort of napoleon, we know he is not, I really think they are going to install him as a puppet governor of his in somalia.

NGONGE   

^^ Good man. Now when someone new comes up with that (and they will), just give them the usual house of commons retors (i.e. refer the gentleman to the reply you gave some moments ago, etc, etc). :D

Abtigiis   

Adeer, Ngonge, Somalia's woes are mine, as you know. So, while technically speaking I am 'noboday' to comment or involve myself in what is happening there (because I am Ethiopian by nationality), what matters is that I feel I a somali national too. I have the right to define who I am and I do not need UN or AU to endorse who I feel I am. I am a Somali through and through, and nothing pains me more than the crisis in Somalia. I hope you get what I mean.