Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Edna Adan Ismail: a Somali inspiration

Xaaji Xunjuf;875175 wrote:
Laander awoow Oba got a bit emotional over the words Edna used which is also understandable i will forgive him for that. Prophet Muhammad taught us to love our neighbors no one can deny Ednas Somalilandish origin or her Somaliland nationality or that she is a patriot that loves her people and country.There are some traditional differences between Somalilanders and the Koonfurians they way we treat our elders is one of them, But these are minor differences as for jacpher Somalilanders are not people who hide their feelings what makes you think they hide things ofcourse there are hardliners ultra rightwing nationalist who do not want anything to do with Somalia who if it was up to them they would construct a big wall between Somaliland and Somalia. But keep in mind the vast majority of the Somalilanders are loving and welcoming people they will tell you how they feel about you and will never hide their feelings.They will express themselves in the way they want the vast majority of the Somalilanders want to have closer relations with Somalia closer than they have with Djibouti or Ethiopia or any neighboring country of Somaliland. So there are no feelings hidden behind close doors everything is out there loud and clear.

This woman views Somaliland as a clan entity sxb. She is a Qabiilist

Remember what she said regarding Mo Farah. She stated that Somalis have no right to celebrate Mo Farah's success since Mo Farah is an I-Block member, and thus a citizen of Somaliland, despite the fact that he was born in Mogadishu. She actually had the nerve to bring Qabiil into something as innocent as millions of Somalis celebrating Mo Farah's win.

If Somaliland truly wants to go their own way and have nothing to do with Somalia, then that's fine by me. But this hatred and animosity doesn't serve any purpose. Somalilanders are just like Somalis, they're more concerned with their day-to-day struggle then this silly politics

Doctor you need to understand one thing Somalilanders are very open about clan they do not shy away these are some of the little traditional differences between Somalilanders and Koonfurians. When a Somalilander ask you you're clan he doesn't mean any harm he is just curious , Edna was just correcting the English dude that mo is from Somaliland and not Somalia that's all nothing biggie she just went deeper into details. That wont change the fact that all Somalis were happy for Mo whether they're from Mogadisho djibouti hargeysa jigjiga garisa.

Maarodi   

This is a woman all Somalis could've been proud of, but qabilist tendencies got the best of her. I was expecting better however I guess qabil gets the best of all of us subhanAllah.

Aaliyyah   

LANDER;875165 wrote:
A humanitarian and real Somalilander is what Edna is Mashallah. She doesn't make excuses for being a Somalilander unlike you which is quite unfortunate XX. When some random like Oba (who problably reads at a 5th grade level) disrespects one of our most prominent elders you manage to make excuses for her being a Somalilander?
How about explaining to this reer konfureed that in Northern culture we don't talk so loosely about our elders
especially ones to whom the nation owes a debt of gratitude. Wax kala danbeyn la yidha aya wadan keena jira.
A nobody who's entire ancestory cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done doesn't open his mouth and talk wrecklesslly where I come from
. For he will be chastised by others. At the time of her speech Al-Shabab ruled most of Somalia and the most profitable business men of Somalia happened to be the Pirates, I suppose truth does hurt but that is not Edna's problem!

You demand from people to respect Edna despite her degrading clannish remarks because you state the northern culture calls for respect toward elders. By the same token you decided to insult Oba’s whole line of ancestors with your statement “his entire ancestry cannot hope to have accomplished a quarter of what Edna has done”. So you have studied thoroughly all Oba’s ancestors and know for a fact that they combined through many generations have accomplished nothing close to your Edna? You want to take the liberty to insult others but you want to hold those from your clan on a pedestal. Being from the North myself I don’t know where in the north they practice that one-sided respect.So let me educate you the Somali culture calls for respect toward elders regardless of their clan affiliation. However, someone like Edna who put herself in a spotlight and decided to demean and degrade her fellow Somalis publicly then whatever people call her it is something she asked for.

The Sage   

Mashallah Edna Adan truly is a national treasure of Somaliland. Despite the defamatory attacks by others her actions and accomplishments and the many lives saved by her and her hospital make her a real hero in the eyes of world.

Sakata   

isn't that the somali way, trying to please specific crowd, she was in the states couple of years ago saying she was builidng a hospital for all somalis and now her she is calling her own barbaric ilahay khatimadeeda ha'uu fududayo....

Blessed   

We'll done to Edna, this award is well deserved, thank you for all the wonderful work you do for Somali women and being an inspiration for many.

Maarodi;875195 wrote:
This is a woman all Somalis could've been proud of, but qabilist tendencies got the best of her. I was expecting better however I guess qabil gets the best of all of us subhanAllah.

How can you call some one qabiliste when she didn't even mention a single qabiil even when she was talking how bad Somalia is. How do you link that with being a qabiliste or didn't you even listen to her message. Unless Alshabaab and the Pirates and those that hate to be civilized are all from the sama qabil?

Mario B   

oba hiloowlow;874855 wrote:
apo watch this

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

The international community didn't promise a thing to this woman. :) And no, this is not hate statement!

Xaaji Xunjuf;875461 wrote:
How can you call some one qabiliste when she didn't even mention a single qabiil even when she was talking how bad Somalia is. How do you link that with being a qabiliste or didn't you even listen to her message. Unless Alshabaab and the Pirates and those that hate to be civilized are all from the sama qabil?

Do the Italians who live in Northern Italy insult the Southern Italians by calling them all "criminals" and "Mafia Members"?? After all, the Mafia DID originate in the south of Italy.....

She called ALL of us terrorists....All of us. Except her own sub-clan of course

Qabiilism is the disease that destroyed our nation, and honestly Edna Adan isn't making the situation any better. She should just stop talking

Mario actually she was in a way the Americans said the following

U.S. military officials say Somalia is the greatest source of instability in the Horn of Africa, leading them to seek new ways to contain the violence there.

One approach, Pentagon officials argue, would be to forge ties with Somaliland, as the U.S. military has with Kenya and other countries bordering Somalia. A breakaway region along Somalia's northwestern coast, Somaliland has about 2 million people and an elected president, and offers greater potential for U.S. military assistance to bolster security, even though it lacks international recognition, they say.

"Somaliland is an entity that works," a senior defense official said. "We're caught between a rock and a hard place because they're not a recognized state," the official said.

The Pentagon's view is that "Somaliland should be independent,
" another defense official said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2007/12/03/ST2007120301577.html

DoctorKenney;875516 wrote:
Do the Italians who live in Northern Italy insult the Southern Italians by calling them all "criminals" and "Mafia Members"?? After all, the Mafia DID originate in the south of Italy.....

She called ALL of us terrorists....All of us. Except her own sub-clan of course

Qabiilism is the disease that destroyed our nation, and honestly Edna Adan isn't making the situation any better. She should just stop talking

First of all i don't condone she using those words its not nice to call ur neighbors terrorists but its also not correct to call her a qabiliste since she didn't specify on attack on a certain Qabiil in Somalia. Nor is she speaking for her subclan when she is a Somaliland activist.

Mario B   

Xaaji Xunjuf;875517 wrote:
Mario actually she was in a way the Americans said the following

We reaffirmed our respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity, political independence and unity of Somalia and pledged our support to a peaceful, democratic, stable and prosperous Somalia.

COMMUNIQUÉ on Secretary-General's Mini-Summit on Somalia. Thursday, September 27, 2012 :D