Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Hadraawi honoured for dedication to culture and development: Principal Award, Prince Claus Fund’s

STOIC   

He is indeed a legend.I was introduced to him at a very late stage of my life.Thanks to programs like TIIXMAAL. I listened to few of his "gabaay" like "hoyoo" in youtube...Yusuf Shaciir also explained in a very logical way the story behind the "Siinley"

i saw and spoke to his majesty this morning.

Alpha: 'salam adeer, my name is Alpha Blondy, not the ivorian reggae LOL but the Somali version. adeer, i was very happy to hear you won the principal prize for culture and stuff''

hadrawi - ''adeer, i'm glad you are aware of this. not many people are aware of this, adeer, you're not from around here!

alpha: its my pleasure adeer, i'm not from hargeisa but from the UK! i came to hargeisa almost 2 and half years ago laakin.

hadrawi; adeer, i always stay at this hotel whenever i come to hargeisa and i have seen you before having tea here?

alpha; yes, adeer, i too come here quite regularly and i'd love to have tea with you next time we see each other?

hadrawi: that would be very nice, young man!

alpha; i'm a big fan of your work and even read some of your books including hal-karran.

hadwari; fantastic! its really important..........

few ****** disturbed us afterwards, quoting hadrawi's work and i left quickly but not before saying salams to his majesty.

N.O.R.F;868361 wrote:
Where else do you go for a break? The shack across the road
:D

lol@NORF,

that shack has the best tea in all of somaliland. it has its own dynamics too. there is the lady khat seller, who i reckon was a stunner like 20 years ago, we've become friends now. she's a kulmiye diehard and hates UDUB. there are the three sisters who work in the little shop, i occassionally flirt with all three and they don't seem to have a problem with this. i like ubax the best tho. despite whitening her skin, she's quite nice and lets me borrow things on tap loool. and there is the ex-imperial shop worker who after being sacked now has his own money-exchange business. he's a nice guy ruunti. i never go to imperial, its full of diaspora folk who are looking for mashruucs.

N.O.R.F   

:D

Alpha Blondy;868366 wrote:
i never go to imperial, its full of diaspora folk who are looking for mashruucs.

Its cheap and of a decent quality in the middle of the city. Most of the folks looking for mashruuc there are locals with some from the diaspora oo meesha ku banjaray :D