Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali Warlords; from Stalin to Mickey Mouse...

IMG_0119.jpg

The former all powerful warlords used to be kingmakers, spoilers, men of power in their clan turfs. The fact today is a stark departure from the past. Today they have been left to beg to become members of the parliament that they used to cause havoc in. They have become isolated and alone dependent on the mechanical maneuvers of a desperate and out of touch former president.

They had no say in the historic election of the Speaker and his deputies. They will also face a highly educated, motivated competent parliament which is opposed to their clanistic interest. Again their inclusion into this Parliment is sad and should be resisted. Even if they are given a seat one doubts their very survival in a legislative body with strict rules and procedures.

Even in Mogadishu the majority of the public do not want their return. The people are seeking a fresh start, a new Somalia and cannot accept these clowns as representatives of their interest.

The people’s house should not be stained with the likes of Qaynyare, Xabsade and Saransoor. They should be left to their own devices and not be supported by public funds.

Its amusing and somewhat ironic that today many in this forum are supporting the inclusion of the warlords into Somalia’s new parliament. Should they not have been replaced with more educated, honest and law abiding members of their clans? I would not support the inclusion of Morgan, Bare Hiiraale or Jess into this parliament and thus its not about clan. This is about the transformation of the Somali political process into one that gives hope to the average Citizen at home and in the Diaspora.

What hope will there be with the inclusion of illiterate thugs who squandered their many opportunities?

It’s the same old ploy of rewarding bad behavior. The warlords who yesterday were vilified as members of the “Ashahado ladirir” the blood sucking vampires of Mogadishu. These same men who’s very incusion many used to criticize and opposed previous governments, are now championed? Its an absurd notion and one that speaks about the lack of understanding of the Somali political problem.

However its with the grace of the lord that these clowns are today no longer towering titans of clan influence but pariah’s who have become laughing stocks. No longer do we fear them, for they are now nothing more than our childhood nightmares. We have grown up and in the imagination they have reduced to laughable characters.

They are dinosaurs, remnants of a gone by age. They will in the coming days end up in the ash tray of history.

Qaranki   

Surely you should be crediting the ICU/al Shabab with this achievement, I mean it was they who over toppled the warlords afterall?

Qaranki;862423 wrote:
Surely you should be crediting the ICU/al Shabab with this achievement, I mean it was they who over toppled the warlords afterall?

It’s ironic that Sharif Ahmed the leader of the ICU/Al Shabaab is the one desperate for their inclusion. This simple fact shows the whole 2005-2006 “Jihad” was a farce. Its fortunate that Xasan Dahir, IndaCade, Roobow and other clowns are even more isolated today than Mickey Mouse and Co..:D

Qaranki   

Not really, it just shows the transformation of Sheik Sharif. Aweys and Robow could today have been in the new govt of Somalia but they instead chose to stay on their current path. Indacadde goes with whoever's winning at the time.

Qaranki;862431 wrote:
Not really, it just shows the transformation of Sheik Sharif. Aweys and Robow could today have been in the new govt of Somalia but they instead chose to stay on their current path. Indacadde goes with whoever's winning at the time.

Adeer Sharif is desperate, Xasan & Al Shabaab are on the run and IndaCaade has been disarmed.

Duke,

The dreaded warlords will constitute less 5% of the parliament , so what is the fuss awoowe. It takes away the excuses and quiets down some corners.

The federalism formula has overran warlord ambitions where ever they are ...so I have no worries

Mooge   

it is an image problem for the nation as a whole, but now that shariif got his wish, let us see what he does with these warlords.

Abwaan   

Warlord or not, these individuals are heavy weights siyaasadda maanta Muqdisho taal wax badan saamayn ku yeelan doona. Ciyaarta horraanteedii Abdiweli ayaa 2 gool ku dhashaday 5tii daqiiqo ee ugu horreysey haddase 4 ayaa Shariif ka dhashaday. That is my observation.:D.

Abdiweli waa loo yaabaa. Remember this is not Nairobi or Jabuuti but Mogadishu ama Koofurta Soomaaliya oo ah meesha ay nimankaan qaarkood ay xukumayeen for the last 21 years. The funny thing was xitaa Hay'ado civil societies ah ayaa u doodayey in la soo celiyo and that itself is telling.:D

I still support Dr. Bashir Loyan and I want him to win.

They wont help him much, they will only tarnish his image ...although I am sure when it comes to votes any serious candidate will seek their support to boost his political math

Abwaan   

They helped AY, how can they not help Sharif?:D I still want him out though, but this question needs to be answered.

Mooge   

it is true qanyare voted for abdulahi yusuf but in this election it would have been fresh start if we got rid of them. if it makes shariif happy, let it be.

we all agree this parliament has few warlords but most of the people are quality people. they only create image problem. but overall parliament it is much better than what we had before. the biggest crook is gone also. sakiin is no more.

Mooge, I am getting allot of confised news reporting. I hope they don't get in and spoil our new found Parliment.

Also no one cares who Qaynyare voted for we know his actions as a minister and so on..:D

Abwaan   

General Duke;862479 wrote:
Mooge, I am getting allot of confised news reporting. I hope they don't get in and spoil our new found Parliment.

Also no one cares who Qaynyare voted for we know his actions as a minister and so on..
:D

Sug adiga madaxdaada haku war celin, Mooge said it is ok and Mooge confirmed Qanyare's role on AY election.:D