Sign in to follow this  
Conqueror

This isn't Somalia, It's Saudi Arabia

Hey guys calm down, we are talking about two standers of lives here. To earn $1300 a month and live in that flat with two wives and 11 children is considered "poor" and unacceptable in a country which exports nearly 10 million barrels of oil a day.

But to earn $1300 a month in a country where the average individual daily earnings (according to UNICEF) are $1.25 is considered to be "fairly well off", in another words "a middle classed" family.

two worlds, with two spending powers.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/somalia_statistics.html

I find it hard to symptathize with someone in poverty marrying multiple wives and have many children. As I've said before, Saudi Arabia is a socially stunted nation, it's economic 'success' is purely accidental.

Daqane   
I remember a yemeni guy once telling me that when ever he heres the word somali or somalia he thinks of people starving to death, I wish I was around when the yemenis were pasted all over aljazeera dying of hunger after just a couple of months of "upheaval".

Somali philosopher;860660 wrote:
^^that is no excuse to want to see
any living being
starving. would you take pleasure in that?

Fixed that for you.

Daqane   

Really?

is that all you could glean from my contribution?

That I would have enjoyed another muslim/humans suffering?

Far from it, the point of my anecdote that you might have missed from the high vantage you currently occupy is that, thess type of statements dismissive of an entire country and people, such as this is not Somalia or we are not Somali's, are shallow, crude, hurtful and in the end since we are all humans and there are ups and downs in every nation and communities history, such statements have a tendency to bite you in the assss from a perspective of time.

Saudia arabia has history, oil & gas, geostrategic importance e.t.c but it is also under educated, backward, venal, hypocritical, under employed and a tribal society, these are the ingredients common to many conflagrations, something that might or might not happen