Sign in to follow this  
Macallinka

Farmaajo - The most popular politician in Somalia.

farmaajo10.jpg

Former prime minister and a presidential aspirant Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo was received by hundreds of his supporters in the Aden Ade Airport in the capital, Mogadishu.

According to our reporter in Mogadishu, two protesters were killed after government soldiers opened fire to disperse hundreds of Farmajo supporters.

In a brief statement, the former prime minister condemned the attack and called his supporters to stay calm.

“We condemn this act, the people of Somalia have the right to express their views freely, we call all the presidential candidates to uphold peaceful rallies in the country” he said.

Adressing his supporters Farmajo said he was very optimistic to be Somalia’s next president.

“I have the support of my people and the acceptance of the international community” he said.

Mohamed Abdullahi resigned from his position as Prime Minister of Somalia, On June 19, 2011, after the controversial Kampala agreement.

His arrival came days before the presidential elections in Mogadishu.

Farmajo is believed to be the most popular politician in Somalia.

Abwaan   

Macallinka, Farmaajo’s critics say that majority of people who attend Farmaajo's rallies are Mogadishu IDPs. I wonder why that is the case if that is true. I think I can say that many of the younger generation in and around Mogadishu have nothing to do and would jump on a truck for a free ride around the city.:D I also think that many of those young men and women might be attracted to Farmaajo's speeches through the media. He says all the things that they want to hear. Tarzan is another guy who is similar who uses speech with emotion and stuff.

This morning Farmaajo started saying that armed forces should get their salaries when he landed at Aden Adde Airport. I think that he is trying to communicate with government soldiers directly and wants them to join the rallies if I am not mistaken.:D Why does he sound all the time that he is the only one that pays their salaries and no one else does it? Farmaajo is good at creating some stories or exaggeration in order to steal the hearts and minds of the public. This has not only happen inside the country but the outside as well.

Mooge   

5 trucks full of IDPs ciyaal suuq and 200 printed t-shirts with his picture on, shots fired, camera man ready to take pictures of the scene. loool

farmaajo is not an iddiot. he knows what he is doing and he is good at playing this i am popular game. but that is fair. let him do all he wants because it is election season.

farmaajo go. farmaajo go.

Abwaan   

I thought these young men with bikes were president Sharif's supporters but apparently anybody can hire them too.:D

farmaajo5.jpg

Abwaan   

Mooge;855812 wrote:
5 trucks full of IDPs ciyaal suuq and 200 printed t-shirts with his picture on, shots fired, camera man ready to take pictures of the scene. loool

farmaajo is not an iddiot. he knows what he is doing and he is good at playing this i am popular game. but that is fair. let him do all he wants because it is election season.

farmaajo go. farmaajo go.

lol...Mooge, isn't the result 1-1 so far, cause Abdiweli was also able to hold a rally for IDPs in Northern Galkayo?:D The good news is nobody died there. It was all peaciful.:D

Mooge   

abwaan galkacyo tolka buuxa oo shaqo la'aan ah oo xamaadaysan. farmaajo has no tol in mogadishu. maybe if he was in gedo or cabduwaq. loool.

...Hence that is why he is the most popular politician in Somalia ;) Every politian's dream is to win the hearts and minds of public and it seems he is doing just that whether its inside or outside of the country.

As for his critics , remember last time he resigned (or as you would like sucked;) ) and there were spontaneous rallies everywhere, first they said is ppl from his qabil and then they said he paid them lool Marka let them say whatever they want to, what is clear in this is the man has a support from the people of Mogadishu weather they r in the IDPs or in their bi Villas.

Mooge   

abwaan galkacyo tolka buuxa oo shaqo la'aan ah oo xamaadaysan. farmaajo has no tol in mogadishu. maybe if he was in gedo or cabduwaq. loool.

Mooge   

haha@spontanous demonstrations. i love how farmajo supporters think we are stuppid. but i like the spirit of election. it is good.

support farmaajo macalinka. it is election season.

Abwaan,your anti-Farmaajo stance is well-known but it is bordering ridiculousness now. Dad ayaa la laaluushay, la pay gareeye, dadka badankooda barakacyaasha waaye ku heysaa. As though barakacyaasha inay waxba ahayn camal. Dacaayadda dalacbilaashka iska yaree, duqa.

Is it really bothering you Farmaajo saas loogu soo dhaweeyo, though? Farmaajo meeshuu tago saas loogu soo dhaweeyaa, walaa Nayroobi ilaa Toronto ilaa Ingiriiska.

@Mooge

Farmaajo's tol is every Somali and the proof is in the pudding :D You would love to localise it but the reality is saying otherwise lool

Abwaan   

Macallinka, I am sure many tolka are behind Farmaajo but I think this guy is popular among Somalis from every clan like president Sharif was back in 2006. Farmaajo has some good qualities and like everybody else he has weaknesses too. I wish him good luck and hope that he stays safe. He needs to be careful, Shabab will not stop hunting him and he does not enjoy the security treatment that Sharif and Abdiweli have this time. I think that he should have been guarded by AMISOM because he has risked his life for Somalia during his time in office therefore he should be respected for that. A lot of good people were killed in Mogadishu. My advise to you or whoever has access to him should be for him to be very careful as there are crazy killers who will not hesitate to harm every Somali who is pro-peace.

Mooge   

election season is kicking. alahayow ki roon rerka u reeb.

i must say i like the season. musharaxs everywhere. farmaajo well staged fake soo dhaweyn using IDP kids looking for lunch is the best of all. i love it.