Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Black Woman who Hates Her own Black Race

lets no conflate the issue here. somalis are not arabs. its rather ignorant that many people including our elder and eedo blessed to utter such nonsense that somalis have arab ancestry. somalis are a unique demographic community (UDU). most attempts to classify Somali fail to take in account their distinct position as the interface of different cultures. The closest monitoring category – Black African, is too broad, when subsumed within this category, we do not share any culture, language or religious practices with our fellow Black Africans. As Muslims, we worship along side our co-religionist from Asian and Arab countries, but just as we diverge from Black Africans, we do not share other aspects of culture, language or dress with their co-religionist.

raula   

Malika..alhamdulilah..dadangu..kwetu salama hamna mengine ila kula mandazi/mahamri, samosa na nyama choma tu :D..I hope za kwenu salama. Ramadan mubarak kwenu dada. Wasalimie family tafadhal.

Malika   

^Masha'allah - yani mambo mengi ya kula kula..lol. I am making katlesi na kalmati leo - samaki na mhogo wa nazi...cant wait!..lool Shukran sis, alhamdulillah siye wazima, tunashukuru mungu - naku ombea kila la kheri mwezi huu na mingi zaidi.

Haatu   

raula;853584 wrote:
wacha rongo..
:D
...jamani..until you get to Kenya..then you pull out the 'other card'....ati nani mlendo
kiddin'. Since you have given up your Garissa kipande..how about i pass it on to a somali relative....as in sadaqa (Sadaka)
kwa mwezi huu mtukufu wa ramadani.

miye mzaliwa wa Somalia na mlendo asili

I feel great :D

Blackflash;853542 wrote:
Another funny thing is the fact that Somalis have the least Arab admixture of all of the horn populations (Amhara, Oromo, Afar etc,). Yet Somalis claim Arab lineages more ardently than the other groups (and we don't even speak a Semitic language for that matter).

There's only 3%(J) arab in somali DNA.The proximity to arab nations & the fact we been isolated from rest of africa for millenia has it's toll...producing the greatest brainwash voluntarily accepted in any modern nation!!

No civilization has crumbled except from within excesses.

Wadani;853521 wrote:

I just might get into an actual fist fight with the next Somali I meet who claims to be an Arab.

You're my hero.

Chimera   

burahadeer;853634 wrote:
There's only 3%(J) arab in somali DNA.The proximity to arab nations & the fact we been isolated from rest of africa for millenia has it's toll...producing the greatest brainwash voluntarily accepted in any modern nation!!

No civilization has crumbled except from within excesses.

Somalis were the civilizational entity that linked North Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa with the rest of the world. There is no other African group with that historic reach. There were Somali advisers and scholars in the Ayyubid and Mamluk empires of Egypt, there were Somali traders in the Monomopata kingdom of Zimbabwe and the Merina Kingdom of Madagascar. Somali empires and kingdoms influenced and advanced through most of East Africa, from Sudan to the Swahili coast in various wars against the Solomonids and the Portuguese, and this is only in Africa, I haven't even touched our reach into other continents.

A people numbering barely a million, at one point dominated a landmass in Africa half the size of the Roman Empire. We had a seaborne trade enterprise spanning multiple oceans and seas, sustained by a vast civilizational matrix in Somalia consisting of more than 40 port cities and inland cities where education was promoted, where different professions flourished. This was a time where our image and reputation around the world was one of a land where an important muslim people of commerce lived, a land of mystery and intrigue, a land where many renowned scholars originated from, where rich Kings and Sultans had lavish palaces, where powerful soldiers lived, where many traders and sailors returned to after doing business in these faraway continents.

However, never were our ancestors referred to as ''Arabs'', this nonsense only started when these European empires crashed upon our monopoly of the region and tried to explain our features as being hybrid, because only their version of 'negros' was the authentic representation of Africans. They found a few pathetic legends upheld only by petty clan-chiefs in parts of Somalia and imposed it upon all Somalis. Subsequent western literature ran with those myths, and unfortunately this is the same literature that is so freely available to ignorant Somalis, but genetics destroys these myths.

It always baffles me that individuals with such an impressive heritage would forsake it all just to be a hybrid people, instead of the - original - ancient ethnic group we actually are. Many Somalis, because of what unfolded the last twenty years, are unaware of how various major ethnic groups in the region used to look up to them as a 'big brother' and champion for their cause.

Malika   

^ May I be a pain and ask for sources of your claims - it would make a good presentation for my up and coming 'Somali Day' in Autumn.. Thanks in advance.

^god forbid the likes of you ever being entrusted with anything somali, by the time you're done with it you'll have it so reconfigured that it becomes something entirely unrecognisable and a complete distortion.

malika, tell me how you plan to be inclusive? if i were you i'd concentrate on commonalities (language, religion and culture etc) than anything else. please do not soil seeds of hatred and division in those innocent kids.

Malika   

Illen wexee swahiligu uu tiradaa ' usicheze na mbwa atakufata msikitini - it literally translate to 'dont play with a dog, it will follow you to the mosque' - responding to your nacnac will literally mean am entertaining your nonsense, thus you being ignored - adigu meel naga fadisoo, whilst we wait for Adam to educated us.

ps.Sheydan haigu noqoon, need to keep my fast going smoothly, cheers!

Chimera   

Malika;853681 wrote:
^ May I be a pain and ask for sources of your claims - it would make a good presentation for my up and coming 'Somali Day' in Autumn.. Thanks in advance.

I made alot of claims lol, which one do you need corroborational info for? The scholars? The merchants? The Somali empires and kingdoms? The list of historic cities? Between 2006-2009 I cleaned out half of the British Library for anything related to Somalis, and dumped majority of the info on wikipedia, back when Somali articles were ruined by Pan-Ethiopianists and Stormfronters, but they never knew what hit them.

I think I still have some of it stored on a USB somewhere, just let me know what you need.

Malika   

^masha'allah well done. I look forward to reading them..I would like info on the scholars, the merchants, the Somali empires and kingdoms ..emr throw in the historic cities too.. heck the whole lot...ta!

On Eid this year in my town, there will be an exihibition of photos never seen of Somalia from the archieves of the British Museums [apparently]....am looking forward to that too.