Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Freedom of religion should be encouraged in Somalia says Italian Foreign Minister

Diinta Masiixiga iyo Diimaha kale waa in ay noqdaan kuwo si siman loogu adeegsan karo Dalka Soomaaliya ” (Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibedda Taliyaaniga Giulio Terzi)

Roma (Ramaas) July, 4, 2012- Wadamada deeq-bixiyayaasha ee caalamka ee ka qaybgalay shirkii arrimaha Soomaaliya lagaga hadlayay ee ka dhacay Magaalada Roma ee xarunta dalka Talyaaniga , ayaa dalbaday in dastuurka cusub ee Soomaaliya uu noqdo mid dhowraya xorriyadda Diimaha.

"Waxaa waajib nagu ah in sharciyada iyo xorriyadda Diimuhu ee dastuurka cusub ay noqdaan kuwo loo siman yahay, ayuu yidhi wasiirka arrimaha dibedda Taliyaaniga, Giulio Terzi oo dalkiisu uu marti geliyay shirkan.

"Diinta Masiixiga iyo Diimaha kale waa in ay noqdaan kuwo si simman loo adeegsan karo," ayuu yidhi, iyada oo dowladda Soomaaliya ay sheegtay in dastuurka cusub uu yahay mid lagu saleeyay Diinta Islaamka.

Shirka Roma ayaa waxa ka qaybgalay saraakiil ka socday 28 dal iyo wakiillada haya'daha caalamiga ah oo uu ku jiray ergayga gaarka ah ee xog-hayaha guud ee Qaramada Midoobay u qaabilsan arrimaha Sopomaaliya Dajire Augustine Mahiga.

"Hawlo badan oo ka mid ah khariidadda nabadda ama Roadmap-ka ayaan weli la qaban," ayaa lagu sheegay i qoraalkaas. Iyada oo madaxda dawladdu ay sheegayaan in ay ku dhameyn doonaan xilliga KMG ah muddada loogu talogalay oo ah 20-ka bisha August ee sannadkan.

Af-hayeenka baarlamaanka Soomaaliya Shariif Xasan Sheekh Aadan oo hadal ka jeediyay kulanka ayaa sheegay in xaalada Soomaaliya marayso mee halis ah.

"Xaaladda Soomaaliya waxa ay maraysaa meel khatar ah... haddii aan gabagabeyno xilliga KMG ah, waxaan rajeynayaa in shacabka Soomaaliyeed ay geli doonaan xaalad cusub."

Dastuurka cusub oo qaybyo-qoraalka ah ayay madaxda Soomaalidu waxa ay isla garteen bishii la soo dhaafay shir ay ku yeesheen Magaalada Nairobi, iyada oo loo gudbiyay odayaasha dhaqanka si ay uga soo talo-bixiyaan.

Lama oga sida ay madaxda dowladdu ku aqbali karaan in qabyo-qoraalka dastuurka ee la doonayo in la ansixiyo 12-ka bishan uu u noqon doono mid dhawraya xorriyadda Diimuhu.

stuff and non sense.

Islam is the only state religion in somalia. This does not mean a non muslim cannot live in somalia. However, a ''muslim'' who denounces his/her religion, will be killed, for riddah. Hope this is clear.

The best thing for all the religions is for the country to become secular. look at Kenya, its secular constitution allows all religions to prosper

I don't think religious equality can be forced on to a Muslim State. Don't get me wrong, people of other nationalities and other religions can live and do business in Somalia comfortably, just as so many are doing now in places like Muqdishu and Hargeysa, and so many did previously. And once peace is restored, the conditions will be even better. However the issue is what kind of religious freedom is being dictated? The kind where missionaries are free to do their business and athiests can spout their 'I was blind and now I can see' speeches? (LoL...couldn't help that dig). No, I'm afraid Somalia isn't the type of country and Somalis aren't the type of people laga faaideysankaro by missionaries et al sida Africa inteeda kale. Gaal diin kale faafinaya inuu Somalia ku badbaadayo uma maleenayo, taasii waa habeenkii xalay ahayoo tagay. Ka u horeeya uu ku tijaabiyo ayaa xabad ku dhufanaya - case in point, look at Sharmarke451 above already ready to kill at the mere mention of leaving the fold. Eesh calaa.

Furthermore even in the 'free and fair' European countries, religious freedom and/or equality is somewhat restricted, i.e. you'll never hear the Eedaan in Europe, add to that banning of the hijab in some countries and previous campaigns to ban mosque building in others. The contitution is a Somali affair and it needs to fit the country, the people and the environement of Somalia.

Mida kale, dhibaatooyinka dalka iyo shacabka haysta marka la eego, tani maba soo galayso, waayo basic needskii iyo basic rights-kii kaleba ma jiraan weli. Once there's a strong state and governance structure throughout the country, then something can be put in place to safeguard the rights of the People of the Book as Islam instructs.

Imika meesha cidkasta waxay rabtaa inay ka faaidaysato wakhtigan isbedelka culus uu socdo, si gabo gabo inta wax walba lagu qabto hadhowna madaxa gacanta la saaro.

Valenteenah.;848080 wrote:
I don't think religious equality can be forced on to a Muslim State. Don't get me wrong, people of other nationalities and other religions can live and do business in Somalia comfortably, just as so many are doing now in places like Muqdishu and Hargeysa, and so many did previously. And once peace is restored, the conditions will be even better. However the issue is what kind of religious freedom is being dictated? The kind where missionaries are free to do their business and athiests can spout their 'I was blind and now I can see' speeches? (LoL...couldn't help that dig). No, I'm afraid Somalia isn't the type of country and Somalis aren't the type of people laga faaideysankaro by missionaries et al sida Africa inteeda kale. Gaal diin kale faafinaya inuu Somalia ku badbaadayo uma maleenayo, taasii waa habeenkii xalay ahayoo tagay. Ka u horeeya uu ku tijaabiyo ayaa xabad ku dhufanaya - case in point, look at Sharmarke451 above already ready to kill at the mere mention of leaving the fold. Eesh calaa.

Furthermore even in the 'free and fair' European countries, religious freedom and/or equality is somewhat restricted, i.e. you'll never hear the Eedaan in Europe, add to that banning of the hijab in some countries and previous campaigns to ban mosque building in others. The contitution is a Somali affair and it needs to fit the country, the people and the environement of Somalia.

Mida kale, dhibaatooyinka dalka iyo shacabka haysta marka la eego, tani maba soo galayso, waayo basic needskii iyo basic rights-kii kaleba ma jiraan weli. Once there's a strong state and governance structure throughout the country, then something can be put in place to safeguard the rights of the People of the Book as Islam instructs.

Imika meesha cidkasta waxay rabtaa inay ka faaidaysato wakhtigan isbedelka culus uu socdo, si gabo gabo inta wax walba lagu qabto hadhowna madaxa gacanta la saaro.

You're right, Somalis cannot be forced to modernise but I will say those Somali Muslims living in Western countries, who are able to convert people, build mosques anywhere cannot say, without being hypocrites, no equality.

Nudawn   

The Ummah have become an inconsiderate unreasonable group as of late. We seem to be getting worse, and as long as Wahhabi money continues to flow, forget about the notion of open mindedness. We need to remember somAlia won't be a no go zone forever, with more peace and stability the likely hood of our country being a safe haven for other refugee and immigrant groups are high. With that comes their own set of beliefs. It's important we have laws and guarantees set up to accommodate these people, just as the thousands of us living in the west.

Valenteenah.;848083 wrote:
^ That's true. But Somalia can't compete with Western countries just yet.

How about Kenya? it offers a good model to follow.

Freeman - Kenya is an Okay country but I wouldn't want to emulate their system. Just as I dislike oppression and dictatorship, I 'm not a fan of secularism either. I think the middle road is always the best, if that makes sense.

Nudawn, I agree with your thoughts. Somalia in the 70s and 80s used to take in a lot of displaced or exiled Ethiopians/Eritreans and Somalis used to look after them. I remember for a period in Xamar we had Ethiopian students living with us who had fled their country in the late 80s following the student uprisings. So in that regard, I think Somalis are very kind to the helpless and downtrodden.

Valenteenah.;848092 wrote:
Freeman - Kenya is an Okay country but I wouldn't want to emulate their system. Just as I dislike oppression and dictatorship, I 'm not a fan of secularism either.
I think the middle road is always the best
, if that makes sense.

You mean a system like in England where the Anglican church is (somewhat) integrated into the political system but have no widespread powers? I think such a system would be acceptable. Islam could be the de facto religion of the State but the State cannot promote it absolutely and religion is not allowed to curtail scientific knowledge. This would be a good system

sharma-arke451;848077 wrote:
stuff and non sense.

Islam is the only state religion in somalia. This does not mean a non muslim cannot live in somalia. However, a ''muslim'' who denounces his/her religion, will be killed, for riddah. Hope this is clear.

Haha. Barely three posts in and there are already calls for blood. When is your segment of the community going to focus on something that doesn't involve maiming or killing others?

Blessed   

Someone needs to tell him that Somalia is no longer an Italian colony! With that said, I'd welcome religious tolerance as some Muslim countries do but Somalis are certainly not ready for it just yet...